Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

10 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Malky Mackay. Calling it now.

Graham Rix assistant manager. First signings include Ched Evans, Luke McCormick, Nigel Pearson's son and pre-contract agreements for Marlon King and Adam Johnson upon their release.

28 minutes ago, KHV said:

As long as it isn't Garde I will be happier

And then presumably when things are still shit after a few months you'll be saying "as long as it isn't x manager I'll be happier"?

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

And then presumably when things are still shit after a few months you'll be saying "as long as it isn't x manager I'll be happier"?

Depends if x shows at least 1% of improvement over the previous manager I guess :)

• Like 1

what we need is a manager who has cut big players from relegated clubs before and not afraid get his hands dirty about it. Kenny Jackett did it for Wolves when they had rocket polishers like Roger Johnson in the squad and I think he be perfect to do it here even for a short term deal maybe 2 year contract

Garde has not been given a chance to sign a player but I guess that will not wash with most fans.  I would give him a chance to mould his own team but I doubt it will happen.

So for me in that league you need someone that takes no shit and tells it like it is.   I know he has not set the world on fire but I would give Gary Neville a shot.   Has a lot to prove would tell it like it is and not accept less than 100% effort.  Available for nothing at the end of the season so would fit our remit.  

It's not exciting it will probably not get us promoted but in the long run could be the right sort of appointment.   

Lots of managers could get us promoted but then what?   

We need stability and to improve year on year so a young manager that can grow with the club.

Pie in the sky for me would be Eddie Howe.  It ain't gonna happen though with Lerner in charge.

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Garde has not been given a chance to sign a player but I guess that will not wash with most fans.  I would give him a chance to mould his own team but I doubt it will happen.

So for me in that league you need someone that takes no shit and tells it like it is.   I know he has not set the world on fire but I would give Gary Neville a shot.   Has a lot to prove would tell it like it is and not accept less than 100% effort.  Available for nothing at the end of the season so would fit our remit.  

It's not exciting it will probably not get us promoted but in the long run could be the right sort of appointment.   

Lots of managers could get us promoted but then what?   

We need stability and to improve year on year so a young manager that can grow with the club.

Pie in the sky for me would be Eddie Howe.  It ain't gonna happen though with Lerner in charge.

Knowing our management structure we'll end up with Phil Neville 

• Like 1

Chris Hughton does seem to have the knowledge when it comes to promotion from the championship, he struggles at the PL level though. If I were hiring then I would perhaps look to get him in and get promoted, then replace with better manager, in the same way Watford and Southampton have operated in the past.

• Like 1

The club need to decide on an ethos of the way we want to go about playing and player recruitment and stick to it ala Barca Swansea, Southamton etc Constant changing managers with different approaches I believe is one of the reasons we are in such a mess both on & off the pitch. The manager should fit in & mould  to us rather than vice versa, not coming in and starting again with a different style of play. Whoever has taken the job at the aforementioned clubs have come in and continued where the last has left of, tweaking & enhancing the squad & tactics in their own way still but within the clubs ethos and style. 

We were on the right track imo with Houlilier but then destroyed it all by appointing a manager in  Mcleish who was the polar opposite in terms of approach and style of play. Then we had lambert who could never decide what he/we were about. Then Sherwood who talked himself out of a job with his perceived arrogance. He could of worked if he could of put his ego to one side. Now we have  Garde who I believe could still prove to be a success given backing and time.  If he is to go then I hope we continue in the same direction and get someone like Clement, Karanka rather than rip it all up and start again by appointing someone like Pearson* Bruce or Hughton or Moyes. I want to see entertaining progressive high tempo football suited to our strengths. But more than that I want to identify once again with the club and the way we play which hasn't been there for me since O'neil's counter attack play, which I wasn't the biggest fan of but at least we had an identity.

*( I have previously in a moment of anger & desperation after another abject display put forward Pearson, having calmed down and thought rationally I withdraw that statement ) 

• Like 1

I may be in the minority, but I feel its a little unfair to judge RG when he has had both hands tied behind his back. This is not his squad or setup. Personally I will judge him around next christmas if he has had the chance to build a squad in his image! 

Edited by pas5898

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Wolves fans hate him. 

Bit harsh, I know this season's been a drag but remember what he has lost upfront. Last season they had Dicko, Sako and Afobe running amok upfront and were very unlucky to miss out on play offs, think they got 77 points in the end.

Sako left on a free, Dicko did his ACL in September and Afobe wasn't great for first half of the season before he left.