Jump to content

Next Manager/ Season


Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I honestly don't know why Pearson's reputation is seemingly so high. 

A very uninspiring track record, and the better Leicester do this year, the worse Pearson's season in the Prem is looking.

With our current dressing room, a divisive figure such as Pearson is exactly what we don't need, imo.

Agree with this, although hopefully next season's dressing room will look different to this season's.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Mantis said:

Everyone's suggesting managers but if things don't change at the top we'll likely be having the same conversation about getting in yet another new manager 9/12 months down the line.

Going hand in hand maybe but the more I watch this game the more I think it's about the players.

Why do Celtic always win their league despite having an astonishing list of ropey managers? 

Why are we always shit no matter who our manager is?

Why are Barcelona so damn good regardless of who manages them? Is Luis Enquire as good as Pep? He's achieving similar.

Brodgers almost won the league because of Suarez.

There are exceptions to the rule, Simone, Fergie and Mourinho have done well with players lesser than their opponents in their careers.

So I've concluded if we get the best or near the best players in the league we just need a competent manager who isn't a clown/PR disaster.

If we have a sub-par set of players we need a slightly more special very rare type of manager.

The aforementioned three managers all have the same thing in common in the sense they are disciplinarians, this rules Remi out straight away. 

Edited by supernova26
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supernova26 said:

Going hand in hand maybe but the more I watch this game the more I think it's about the players.

Why do Celtic always win their league despite having an astonishing list of ropey managers? 

Why are we always shit no matter who our manager is?

Why are Barcelona so damn good regardless of who manages them? Is Luis Enquire as good as Pep? He's achieving similar.

There are exceptions to the rule, Simone, Fergie and Mourinho have done well with players less than their opponents in their careers.

So I've concluded if we get the best or near the best players in the league we just need a competent manager who isn't a clown/PR disaster.

If we have a sub-par set of players we need a slightly more special very rare type of manager.

The aforementioned three managers all have the same thing in common in the sense they are disciplinarians, this rules Remi out straight away. 

What makes you think he isn't? I'd bet he's more of a disciplinarian than O'Neill, McLeish, Lambert and even St Nigel.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Black and white. We had a meatheaded showy manager, them we flip to the more stoic manager, then the clamour is for the meathead again.

Couple that to Leicester being successful this season (ignoring that they were shit for the vast majority of last season and he spent most of the season barely clinging to anything close to behaviour befitting a grown man let alone a public figure) and bingo, Pearson is the obvious choice.

Worryingly, that seems to be the way our club chooses the manager too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What makes you think he isn't? I'd bet he's more of a disciplinarian than O'Neill, McLeish, Lambert and even St Nigel.

You see how he just sits there during matches? Leak that came out about him not having a go at players and the other players being shocked by it.

Nigel is firmly in the clown/PR disaster category btw.

Edited by supernova26
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Going hand in hand maybe but the more I watch this game the more I think it's about the players.

Why do Celtic always win their league despite having an astonishing list of ropey managers? 

Why are we always shit no matter who our manager is?

Why are Barcelona so damn good regardless of who manages them? Is Luis Enquire as good as Pep? He's achieving similar.

Brodgers almost won the league because of Suarez.

There are exceptions to the rule, Simone, Fergie and Mourinho have done well with players lesser than their opponents in their careers.

So I've concluded if we get the best or near the best players in the league we just need a competent manager who isn't a clown/PR disaster.

If we have a sub-par set of players we need a slightly more special very rare type of manager.

The aforementioned three managers all have the same thing in common in the sense they are disciplinarians, this rules Remi out straight away. 

surprisingly, I agree up until the last sentence which I think is totally wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

You see how he just sits there during matches? Leak that came out about him not having a go at players and the other players being shocked by it.

Nigel is firmly in the clown/PR disaster category btw.

You're basing it on the way he sits during matches? FFS.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I honestly don't know why Pearson's reputation is seemingly so high. 

A very uninspiring track record, and the better Leicester do this year, the worse Pearson's season in the Prem is looking.

With our current dressing room, a divisive figure such as Pearson is exactly what we don't need, imo.

This is not necessarily in support of Pearson, but this makes no sense to me. He put the foundation of that team together, and started their revival. When they were losing with him in the Prem, they were actually playing quite well, and with fight on most occasions. I like Ranieri alot too, however it was blatantly obvious they already had a good spine and mentality, which would only get better as they meshed. Leicester, as well as 19 other teams in the Prem have just made better decisions than us. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I think I would feel more secure/confident if we had a manager in the Championship who knows what that division is all about, knows what it takes to get out of it. It is imperative we come straight back up for me. That is obviously going to take a lot more than a change in manager but the managers position is still vital.

If I was offered now Remi Garde or Steve Bruce at the start of next season I would take Steve Bruce. If I was offered Remi Garde or Sean Dyce. I’d take Sean Dyce. These managers may actually bring clubs up this season but I think we are still a big enough draw that they would leave those clubs for us. As long as we ensure we sort the issues above the manager out.

I am not saying these guys are better managers than Garde by the way although clearly there are big question marks about Garde. I think Garde compared to the managers mentioned above is a gamble. I don’t think, in the Championship at least, the managers mentioned are gambles.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter

I think it's about the time perspective.

If allowed time (and a little sum of money) Moyes or Garde could be good choices.

If it's about pulling out all stops to get straight back to the PL I think you'd need another type of manager. To me the latter is more risky overall, but probably what will happen. If it doesn't succeed, season 2 (and onwards...) in the Championship could see the concrete starting to solidify around our ankles, as only massive investment or good luck with young talent could rectify or stop the decline.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter

Those advocating Rowett do you seriously think that choosing Small Heaths manager is the best option?

Just how much time will he be given when things start to go wrong?

Hes a good manager, and Villa man to boot, but unfortunately there will always be an element of our fans who just wont let the cross city thing go. The man would be handicapped from the start.

We need a bit of unity at the moment!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Those advocating Rowett do you seriously think that choosing Small Heaths manager is the best option?

Just how much time will he be given when things start to go wrong?

Hes a good manager, and Villa man to boot, but unfortunately there will always be an element of our fans who just wont let the cross city thing go. The man would be handicapped from the start.

We need a bit of unity at the moment!

 

Disagree - if we're poaching a good manager from them that'd be great for the fans. No different than buying a good player from them - of course they'll get a chance.

The McLeish thing was very different - the problem wasn't that he was coming from them, it was that he was a shit manager. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

I agree with that. Poaching SHA's manager and him doing well would be **** brilliant.

The problem with mcLeish was never really because he was from SHA. It was because he **** awful AND from SHA.

To this day that remains the most bat shit crazy thing this club has ever done.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree with that. Poaching SHA's manager and him doing well would be **** brilliant.

 

That would be great, but thats not my point. What happens when things dont go so great?

 

Just how much leeway will he have with sections of the fanbase?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â