Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

That would be great, but thats not my point. What happens when things dont go so great?

Just how much leeway will he have with sections of the fanbase?

Speaking only for myself, but I don't associate Rowett to Birmingham City in the same way I did McLeish.

McLeish was Birmingham City and all that was/is bad with them. He also was a dire, boring, dull, hopeless manager and I think that was the biggest reason people hated him coming here.

Had he gotten results (which would never have happened) I think people would have learned to be ok with him coming from Sha.

As for Rowett he's done pretty ok at Sha and if we stole him from them most would be pretty smug.

If he failed thou I don't doubt that Sha fans would enjoy that no end.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I honestly don't know why Pearson's reputation is seemingly so high. 

A very uninspiring track record, and the better Leicester do this year, the worse Pearson's season in the Prem is looking.

With our current dressing room, a divisive figure such as Pearson is exactly what we don't need, imo.

Well known that the driving force behind Leicester surge last few years is the influence of Steve Walsh (Their head scout finding most of the first team and is also their assistant manager)

Both Pearson & Ranieri have credited him! Pearson in his next managerial role  won't be half as good without Walsh beside him

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Well known that the driving force behind Leicester surge last few years is the influence of Steve Walsh (Their head scout finding most of the first team and is also their assistant manager)

Both Pearson & Ranieri have credited him! Pearson in his next managerial role  won't be half as good without Walsh beside him

As far as I see it Nigel Pearson managed Leicester for three seasons in the championship and they finished top 6 every single season (losing PO semi finalists in 2010 and 2013 and walked the league in 2014).

I agree he says some odd things but I still refer back to when Kasper Schmeichel was on MOTD2 a few weeks back and they asked him about Pearson and what he's like and KS said he was great in the dressing room and the squad really enjoyed playing for him and I think that was backed up with the results they achieved over a three year period, indeed he did well there in his first spell when they were in a bit of a mess.

I said I didn't want to appoint him in the premier league but if Garde walks and he's still available he has to be a serious contender surely given his record down there?

17 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Grayson is a great manager to get promotion from League 1, and then consolidate in the Championship. This job is too big for him.

Done a good job at PNE but he plays very dull football, look at Preston's goal record this season, very McLeish esque. 

• Like 1

My choices would be either Warburton or Rowett.

But what does everyone on here think of Karl Robinson (MK Dons) he has built a good team over last few years with them and could see another club as a step up! Could he both worth looking at if Garde does leave in summer.

Luke Williams (Swindon) could be worth looking out of in few years time. He has got off to a flyer so far as Swindon's manager and looks like he could be another promising manager.

Edited by Villan4Life

12 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Personally I think I would feel more secure/confident if we had a manager in the Championship who knows what that division is all about, knows what it takes to get out of it. It is imperative we come straight back up for me. That is obviously going to take a lot more than a change in manager but the managers position is still vital.

If I was offered now Remi Garde or Steve Bruce at the start of next season I would take Steve Bruce. If I was offered Remi Garde or Sean Dyce. I’d take Sean Dyce. These managers may actually bring clubs up this season but I think we are still a big enough draw that they would leave those clubs for us. As long as we ensure we sort the issues above the manager out.

I am not saying these guys are better managers than Garde by the way although clearly there are big question marks about Garde. I think Garde compared to the managers mentioned above is a gamble. I don’t think, in the Championship at least, the managers mentioned are gambles.

Yet another great post from Mark. Garde was certainly worth a go in the premier league and I don't blame him for relegation but to me he isn't the man to get us back up straight away even if the club suddenly starts to become stable again.

The championship is an odd odd league. Played in the same amount of time as the premier league but 8 extra games to cram in so it's constant Saturday- Tuesday so less recovery which breeds inconsistancy and so you get bonkers results like Charlton 2-0 Boro and Derby being 3-0 up at a Rotherham side in the bottom 3 with 10 minutes left and still not winning the game.

In 2014 Fulham and Cardiff were both relegated from the premier league. One had Felix Mgarth, twice Bundesliga winner and the other had Solsjkaer who could've easily been our manager. Neither lasted until October. Mgarth got it completely wrong aswell, just though playing a bunch of kids, Scott Parker and McCormack was enough to get out of the league, think Fulham lost 7 of their first 8.

Even better examples like Karanka can't seem to get Boro over the line and yes Jokanovic did well at Watford but it's a bit Pearson esque as he's doing very poorly at Fulham now who are a very similar basket case club to us in how they're run by that Khan guy.

It's going to be a long struggle ahead I fear, I would prefer someone who's been in the championship trenches and will know what to expect.

• Like 1

Neil Lennon now available. 

Not sure if he'd be a good fit for us, but I can't help but feel the club would look to save some (more) compensation payouts and go for someone who's without a club.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

<snip> Mgarth got it completely wrong aswell</snip>

Those things do happen...

Edited by TB

Neil Lennon, I thought he left management to to look for his Lucky Charms?

Also, didn't he threaten to cut a woman throat? Roy Keane back as assistant?, Bowyer and Barton as coaches?