The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Wll boris johnson has been abused by some cyclists as scum. so its already happening wait until shit really hits the fan

Hopefully he falls off his bike under a bus, the bus rolls over his head and crushes it like a melon, with brain matter and blood flying every where.

• Like 1

Just now, snowychap said:

When  does Scotland begin a new campaign to leave the UK? Some time today, surely?

They are as good as gone, look at how Scotland voted, 60+% remain, they should leave the UK as soon as possible and take their oil with them.

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

So you have a referendum and simply overrule the decision if the vote doesn't go the way you want it. 

I thought those of us that voted out were meant to be the brain dead imbeciles. 

The referendum is purely an instruction (or more correctly an advise) to parliament, it's not legally binding, I believe Cameron did promise the result would stick and be acted upon, good job for the leave campaign he's still prime minister then. Oh what was that.

however it would probably be political suicide and show enormous balls to not uphold the result, well we can rule out anyone having the balls to do it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hopefully he falls off his bike under a bus, the bus rolls over his head and crushes it like a melon, with brain matter and blood flying every where.

:crylaugh: I spat my water out at that. Almost poetic. Bravo good sir.

• Like 1

Say I decided "Right, I don't want to live in a xenophobic short sighted bigoted country anymore" and wanted to escape, is this even possible as my escape routes are now more difficult & more expensive to get to and I'll have **** all income/savings/equity to finance such an escape.

Plus I work in the nhs.

Im royally ****ed, trapped in a country I feel alienated from and can't do anything about it :(

It has to be said, the BOE has pretty much exhausted all of its monetary policy instruments, since the 2007 crisis it has done shit loads of QE and kept interest rates at record lows.

So there's not much more it can do, obviously more QE is necessary right now and this has already been pledged, interest rates can't really go any lower unless they are going to be nominally set as negative.  

I wonder if they will eventually do some more unconventional stuff like helicopter drops.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

You have two years, possibly longer, to GTFO if you so desire. I do, and will next year I think. Though it's somewhat easier for me as I just have to hop on a train. Suppose the English have an easy option too if Scotland jump ship sometime soon.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It has to be said, the BOE has pretty much exhausted all of its monetary policy instruments, since the 2007 crisis it has done shit loads of QE and kept interest rates at record lows.

So there's not much more it can do, obviously more QE is necessary right now and this has already been pledged, interest rates can't really go any lower unless they are going to be nominally set as negative.  

what is the result of negative interest.

I remember hearing vaguely about it a few years ago, but it never came to fruition. I believe it was classed as "not good" though.

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Say I decided "Right, I don't want to live in a xenophobic short sighted bigoted country anymore" and wanted to escape, is this even possible as my escape routes are now more difficult & more expensive to get to and I'll have **** all income/savings/equity to finance such an escape.

Plus I work in the nhs.

Im royally ****ed, trapped in a country I feel alienated from and can't do anything about it :(

100% agree with the sentiment but if everyone of that opinion left, we'd be leaving Boris and Nige with free reign to do whatever they wanted. We need the peed off to stay and hold these people to account, be the dissenting voice and continue the debate.

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They are as good as gone, look at how Scotland voted, 60+% remain, they should leave the UK as soon as possible and take their oil with them.

Ha ha, good one! 

Â