The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

It is awful, though.

Three questions and she has ignored each of them to just repeat stuff that she has already said.

If this goes on for a fair amount of time then it could get nasty.

It's dreadful. 

There's pity in the voice of the reporters, like someone telling a child their dog was run over.

• Like 1

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

When your prime minister cant answer a single question direcly or clearly thats kinda scary. 

Journos need to call her out

"With all due respect Prime Minister you didn't actually answer the question" then ask it again

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Journos need to call her out

"With all due respect Prime Minister you didn't actually answer the question" then ask it again

To be honest, most of the questions have been a rephrasing of the previous one.

Unfortunately, her responses have also been a rehash of the previous non-answer.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Just to add to the idea that referendums on the EU are **** ludicrous, here's an officially compiled list of the absolute horseshit that has been filling our media about the EU for nigh on 30 years.

Euromyths A-Z index

A-Z Index of Euromyths 1992 to 2017

This is the kind of shit that burrows into people's minds and never goes. I guarantee every Leave voter will be able to recall at least one of these. Despite them being complete bollocks.

And then we ask the country what to do about our relationship with the EU. When next to none of them understands the smallest bit of what it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

With Labour nailing their colours to the mast with this, I wonder what the outcome of a GE would be. Lib Dem’s must be kicking themselves with the reputation hit they took in the coalition and then Farron.

Who does a no-brexit voter vote for?

46 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Did the CJEU defy her? I thought that her trouble was with the ECtHR?

You are right, I was thinking of the Qatada case. She seems to hate the ECJ as well regardless, so I'm assuming at some point she's had a squabble there as well. Or she doesn't know the difference.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You are right, I was thinking of the Qatada case. She seems to hate the ECJ as well regardless, so I'm assuming at some point she's had a squabble there as well. Or she doesn't know the difference.

It was the Qatad one I was thinking of, too. You're probably right, though, in that she's likely to have got the arse with the CJEU for some reason as well.

Was the cat one them or was it just a lie about the HRA? :)

Edited by snowychap

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

With Labour nailing their colours to the mast with this, I wonder what the outcome of a GE would be. Lib Dem’s must be kicking themselves with the reputation hit they took in the coalition and then Farron.

Who does a no-brexit voter vote for?

I'd just be drawing a massive cock on my ballot paper.

Which, if they were all counted up, would potentially win the election.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tinker said:

We are leaving without a deal, she will never get this through parliament. Stock up your cupboards and buy gold are my top tips .

She certainly won't on the first occasion, but I'm now wondering about a TARP-style 'passes on the second vote after an absolute meltdown in the financial markets' scenario. 

• Like 1

Well now, the Daily Mail slowly becoming a voice of reason under the new editor?

Given the role they played in the whole Brexit shambles it's a bit late for changing tack, but any move towards a more moderate stance can only be a good thing for the country as a whole.

I remember saying on twitter ages ago that we wouldn't be leaving Europe. I was shouted down as being thick and uninformed. I'm not on twitter anymore but I still believe there will be a second referendum and the 'people' will vote to remain. The agenda wants a second referendum, no-one will question it because no-one really wanted to leave in the first place. There will be a general election and someone who has resigned will profit from it. The people will be happy because they have had two votes on it.

Â