The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the ERG chair, is speaking to reporters at St Stephen’s entrance outside the Houses of Parliament now.

He says he is using the proper procedures of the party to get ride of Theresa May.

Q: Is this a coup?

No, says Rees-Mogg. A coup is when you use improper procedures

Oh I see, so this is all perfectly normal then, there's been absolutely no plotting whatsoever in this non-coup for the leadership.

So, if you read his letter it turns out that bag-carrier from the Ministry of Justice has resigned just because he didn't realise that article 89 is talking about the transition period. 

It all gets sillier and sillier.

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don't think anyone who voted leave is asking for a new vote

Well that’s not true. 

And is entirely the point. 

There are thousands of people who were happy with the outcome of the vote, and now are not because of the reality vs the lies

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Why are MP's so quick to resign? Do they get a payoff or continue to get paid? Do they just shuffle off and get a normal job?

No MP is resigning.

Various members of the Government are resigning from the Government.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

If post ref, the plan was laid out and clearly stated, promises were kept and key leave groups weren’t being investigated for criminal behaviour I’d fully agree. 

It’s a totally dishonest statement that people are only pushing for a re-run/remain because they didn’t like the outcome. 

is the criminal behaviour about funding , rather than the actual result of the vote ? I don't think they are being investigated for saying if we leave you can all have a pet unicorn

I get your sentiment regarding a re-run , but had remain won 52-48 would a re-run even be on your radar ?  you could counter argue that leavers would be demanding a re-run had they lost by the same margin , and you could well be bright  , tbh I couldn't say

Brexit imo didn't / doesn't need to be the cluster **** it is , it should have been a cross party discussion with all parties  , I think some of the 48% would also have got on board with this  ?

the mess of it is on the Tory party , not the 52%  ... sounds like a new leader is imminent anyway , Corbyn will be calling for a GE anytime soon and it may be the whole thing gets called off  ... and then you can enjoying leavers demanding a new referendum as you smile away to yourself :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

.. sounds like a new leader is imminent anyway ,

Not sure where you get that from, I think it's highly likely that TM will still be PM in a years time

ERG may force a leadership contest, there is absolutely no guarantee they'd get a candidate to stand against her (who'd want to own this clusterf**k?) and if they did there's even less chance that imbecile would win

Then May remains as PM for at least another 12 months if she so wishes

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well that’s not true. 

There are thousands of people who were happy with the outcome of the vote, and now are not because of the reality vs the lies

which lies?

I know people are unhappy because the best "deal" that could be struck given the circumstances is not particularly great, but it is what it is. It more disaster avoidance than onwards and upwards.

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Well that’s not true. 

are there though ? the polls haven't moved that significantly ( depending on what poll you look at ) ... fairly sure a few posters (remainers ) in here have commented that they believe if it was run again the result would be the same

even know do we know reality v lies ?

the lies were across the board , not just leave ... ok a leaver saying we can just sign a new trade deal tomorrow may turn out to have misunderstood the complexity of the situation , but i don't necessarily buy the line that it was an outright lie ...A trade deal was probably the easiest part of the negotiations , it's not in anyone's interest not to have them .. what was over looked was that  trade deal was then used as a barter for other conditions and thus became complex ... but that doens't necessarily mean it was a outright lie when it was said during the referendum campaign

I'm simplifying things somewhat of course

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

which lies?

I know people are unhappy because the best "deal" that could be struck given the circumstances is not particularly great, but it is what it is. It more disaster avoidance than onwards and upwards.

Lets start with £350mil a week for the NHS on a big red bus and move on from there

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure where you get that from, I think it's highly likely that TM will still be PM in a years time

ERG may force a leadership contest, there is absolutely no guarantee they'd get a candidate to stand against her (who'd want to own this clusterf**k?) and if they did there's even less chance that imbecile would win

Then May remains as PM for at least another 12 months if she so wishes

a vote of no confidence had just been called 

but , yep if May win it she can't be challenged for a year so she would come out of it stronger

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

are there though ? the polls haven't moved that significantly ( depending on what poll you look at ) ... fairly sure a few posters (remainers ) in here have commented that they believe if it was run again the result would be the same

even know do we know reality v lies ?

the lies were across the board , not just leave ... ok a leaver saying we can just sign a new trade deal tomorrow may turn out to have misunderstood the complexity of the situation , but i don't necessarily buy the line that it was an outright lie ...A trade deal was probably the easiest part of the negotiations , it's not in anyone's interest not to have them .. what was over looked was that  trade deal was then used as a barter for other conditions and thus became complex ... but that doens't necessarily mean it was a outright lie when it was said during the referendum campaign

I'm simplifying things somewhat of course

The same bellend that said it would be easy said we could have our own FT deal with Germany.. I know DD is thick but even he's not that thick. (It was a Lie)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Lets start with £350mil a week for the NHS on a big red bus and move on from there

I would say that that was THE single factor that the idiots thought they were voting for. Disgraceful. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

which lies?

A big red bus would be a good example.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

That wasn't a promise was it? Only a fool would interpret it as a promise. It had Boris in front of it which is a good clue that it is a load of bollox

Â