The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

28 minutes ago, snowychap said:

It’s not hard to realise revoking Article 50 would take less ‘effort’ than the changes required for a so called hard or soft withdrawal. *insert Kenneth Williams photo*

Edited by brommy

I wonder if the MPs who would prefer to see a hard brexit over the proposed soft brexit realise their votes will make remaining more likely. It reminds me of the one of the information films produced before the proportional representation referendum, that went along the lines of - 6 people wanting to go to the pub and 4 people wanted to go to the cafe; 3 people voted to go to The Red Lion, 3 people voted to go to The Crown, so they all went to the cafe. I suspect those pushing for a second referendum would be happy to see 3 choices on the ballet paper.

After the lack of polling accuracy demonstrated during the course of the referendum, I’m surprised anyone sees value in quoting them. As a Labour voter of 30 years, I’ve grown tired of polls predicting a win only to end up with a Conservative government. ?

1 hour ago, Genie said:

That wasn't a promise was it? Only a fool would interpret it as a promise. It had Boris in front of it which is a good clue that it is a load of bollox

You answered your own question: "Only a fool would interpret it as a promise". They did. Lots of them probably still think it will happen, provided we are 'tough' enough with a 'hard' (good fighting word, that) Brexit. 

Â