The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I see that founder of Vote Leave and ex tory and UKIP MP Douglas Carswell has, erm, literally left the country.

Gone to live in the U.S.

Ever had the feeling you’ve been had, Brexit voters?

Out of interest, I checked his Wiki

Carswell's recreations include gardening, swimming, running, blogging, riding and making quince jelly.

On a different planet.

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It should be funny, if it weren't for knowing that there will be a good percentage of their readership nodding along as they read it.

Yeah my first reaction was to laugh but then you think of those who will be lapping it up and its actually pretty concerning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Nazi occupation in the winter of 1945? 

Can they not even be bothered to check their rubbish

That bit is factually correct, Netherlands wasn't fully liberated until May 5th 1945

The Dutch famine of 1944–45, known in the Netherlands as the Hongerwinter (literal translation: hunger winter), was a famine that took place in the German-occupied Netherlands, especially in the densely populated western provinces north of the great rivers, during the winter of 1944–45, near the end of World War II

Wiki

• Like 1

My company often send cars overseas for testing. Sweden and Germany mainly. Usually the cars would be prepared and they’d have spares like wheels, tyres, brakes etc in the back for the testing trip.

Post Brexit it’s not allowed to ship spare parts inside the car, they must be shipped separately with all the relevant paperwork. 
This will probably add millions to the annual testing budget, then the cost of admin and delays on top.

Still worth it though

Not.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

My company often send cars overseas for testing. Sweden and Germany mainly. Usually the cars would be prepared and they’d have spares like wheels, tyres, brakes etc in the back for the testing trip.

Post Brexit it’s not allowed to ship spare parts inside the car, they must be shipped separately with all the relevant paperwork. 
This will probably add millions to the annual testing budget, then the cost of admin and delays on top.

Still worth it though

Not.

But at least they are now British Spares, not European Spares, and are all the happier for it. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â