What team will we see next season?

AndyBM

On 29 February 2016 at 11:41, sne said:

Exactly! Was about to post something very similar.

Also, whatever Gestede did last season to score goals, he isn't doing it this season.

No player in the world can score goals when they are just standing still, and Gestede doesn't move.

The few times we actually manage to get a cross in he's nowhere to be seen as he hasn't bothered to get into the box.

Joint top scorer in a terrible side whose players don't play to his strength ! How many would he of scored if we did!? We go down, he has to stay!

---------------Kalinic------------------------

Iorfa------Baker-------Friend-----Amavi

Gana--------Thorne

Traore----------Judge---------Grealish

----------------Gestede------------------

next season we need to go 4-4-2 and buy 2 wingers plus Traore, maybe play Jack off the main striker which probably be Gestede. also buy a midfielder that can control pace of game and supply the wide men like Barry used to do

I'm going into full Football Manager mode. Here goes.

Let's just sell off all the players we don't think will be up for the fight or will want to leave. Then using the money left over after the usual debts, offer Gareth Barry a good wage to drop down to the Championship, bring in a quality keeper (like Jack Butland), a winger and a striker, and lastly give Callum Robinson a new contract.

Sell:

Steer £200k

Guzan £1m

Bacuna £2m

Richards £4m

Lescott FREE

Cissokho £1m

Gana £7m

Richardson FREE

Sanchez £2m

Adama £6m

N'Zogbia FREE

Gabby £3m

Ayew £9m (not through choice)

Kozak £2m

Sinclair £1m

Buy:

New GK

Gareth Barry

New winger

New striker

Championship first eleven:

- - - - - - - - New GK - - - - - - - -

Hutton - Clark - - Okore - Amavi

- - - - - Barry - - - Gardner - - - -

Grealish - - - - Gil - - New Winger

- - - - - - - - Gestede - - - - - - - -

Bench: Bunn, Baker, Bennett, Veretout, Westwood, Green, New Striker

Backup:

Lyden

Davis

Kinsella

Robinson

- plus other youngsters -

Piece of piss.

Cant see anyone with a sane mind paying £4m for Richards, 3m for Gabby and £1m for Sinclair. We will end up having to pay their contracts up if we want rid. We have a lot of garbage in our squad and it needs a good overhaul but we know the the owner is not willing to spend so will be no new additions even if we got rid of 11 players. We have youth even if they are crap the manager will be forced to use them.

Keep: (or who we can keep)

Hutton, Okore, Clark, Amavi, Cissokho, Baker, Bennett, Traore, Westwood, Veretout, Grealish, Sinclair, Gil, Ayew, Gestede

Get rid of:

Guzan, Bunn, Bacuna, Crespo, Richards, Lescott, Richardson, Sanchez, Gueye, NZogbia, Agbonlahor, Kozak

Promote:

Steer, Siegrist, Lyden, Lyons-Foster, Donacien, Toner, Kinsella, Green, Mason, Gardner, Calder, Robinson, Sellers, Hepburn-Murphy

Buy:

new gk, new dm, new cf

------------------ new gk ------------------

---- hutton - okore - clark - amavi ----

traore - new dm - veretout - grealish

-------------- ayew - new cf --------------

keeper, someone like myhill or olejnik, ex villa youths that have matured

centre back, difficult to say, nobody would want to come to use, i was always keen to see adboulaye ba join us when we were linked, might pursued gana to stay as well

defensive mid, see 'centre back', maybe rohan ince or tom huddlestone

striker, again, see 'centre back'

Edited by AndyBM

I have a feeling Garde will leave regardless of a miracle survival.

I suppose it will all depend on two factors then - who we replace Garde with and how long it takes our club to make the appointment.

Knowing our luck, we'll dilly dally over it and end up with someone like Ian Holloway, Neil Warnock or Nigel Pearson.....

I think the squad needs addressing drastically (but again, the club will drag their heals over this too and we'll continue with the same crap we've got already - unless some other idiotic club comes in for them)

GKs: New 1st Choice, Bunn and Steer (Guzan will leave and probably go on to refinding his best form)

LB: Amavi, Cissokho, Kinsella (Sell: Richardson - free, Bennet -  tin of Heinz Tomato soup)

LCB: Clark, Baker, New CB (Sell: Lescott)

RCB: Okore, Donacien, Suliman (Sell: Richards)

RB: Hutton, Bacuna, Webb

CM: New 1st Choice CM x2, Westwood, Gardner, Lyden (Sell/Leaving: Sanchez, Gana and Veretout - both sadly)

AM: Grealish, Gil, Traore, New AM (Leaving: N'Zogbia - at last!)

ST: New 1st Choice, Gestede, Sellars, Davis, Robinson (Sell/Leaving: Gabby, Kozak and Ayew - sadly)

I make it we need the minimum of six players in, having sold/lost twelve. 

I fear the potentially decent French players will leave s I suspect they will have options at home. For example, I can see Veretout being rather decent in good team.

there are few of them who I think will be up for the battles of the Championship.

Next year worried me profoundly. just who is itch is preparing for next year? Who is it scouting the players with attitude and a bit of skills? Who is it who will be searching of another manager?

Gareth Barry will not be coming here in a billion years, he will be breaking the all time PL appearance record.

If anybody was willing to offer even £3.40 for Sinclair, Gabby, Kozak or Cissokho they would be gone already.

Unless they kindly decide that they have grown weary with being footballers, offer to forfeit their remainding wages and take up cheese farming...then we are stuck with them.

You are all wrong, all of you.

We will see a team made up of players from league 1  and 2 BECAUSE dont forget.We have to get rid of the high earners and replace them with cheaper players.

When you are in the championship, where do the cheaper players come from ?

League 1 and league 2.

• Like 1

Hopefully we'll see a team who can score a few goals.

To put it into historical context.

The '13/'14 season saw us score 42 goals in all competitions.  At the time, that was the worst total since the '69/'70 season (which resulted in us dropping to the 3rd tier).  In '14/'15 we managed the grand haul of 40 goals in all comps, which equalled our '69/'70 total and had not been lower since the '45/'46 season (22 goals).  We currently sit on 32 goals in all competitions.

Will we manage to score 8 goals in our remaining 9 games?  To be honest I doubt it.  We haven't managed a goal a game in the league this season and now with hope and confidence at it's lowest point, there's no reason to expect an improvement.  I think we're on course to remain below last season's 40 goals and to put that into perspective, that means that in our 127 seasons, this one will rank 118th, and all of the seasons beneath us are from an era of much reduced or truncated seasons, meaning there's an argument for this being the worst season in our history.

GK New signing - Bunn BackUp

RB Hutton - BU Bacuna & Youth Player

LB Cissokho - BU Bennet

CBR - Okore - BU New Signing & YP

CBL - Clark - BU Baker

DM Gana - BU Sanchez

C/AM - Vertout BU Gardner & Lynden

RW/M Traore - BU New Signing YP

LW/M Amavi - BU NS YP

AM Ayew/Gil/Grealish

ST New signing - BU Gestede

-----------------------------------

5 new signings - GK CB RW/M LW/M ST

Sell/Give away - Guzan Richards Lescott Westwood Sinclair Gaby Kozak

Possibly replace (Budget permitting) - Hutton Bacuna

------------------------------------

Possible 11

New GK

Hutton Okore Clark Cissokho

Gana

Traore                          Amavi   

Vertout

Ayew/Gil/Grealish

New CF

Back Ups

Bunn Bacuna Baker Bennet Sanchez Gardner Lynden Gestede

7 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

You are all wrong, all of you.

We will see a team made up of players from league 1  and 2 BECAUSE dont forget.We have to get rid of the high earners and replace them with cheaper players.

When you are in the championship, where do the cheaper players come from ?

League 1 and league 2.

i find this post to be an intersting opinion, and one im now more inclined to agree with.

we may well be the biggest sleeping giant to grace the championship, but even mediocure players wont want to come to us

i cant name drop any decent players from these two leagues, but im about to go have a mooch through the league tables to see whats about, what is obvious is that we will be playing high flying burton next season...