What team will we see next season?

AndyBM

ill be very surprised if we sign anybody in the summer, a) i dont think anybody would even want to come to us, b ) the board clearly are not going to want to spend any money, c ) i think we will have to rely on youth players and deadwood that we cant offload

• Like 1

Keep Okore, Amavi, Gil, Guzan and Veretout. Ayew if remotely possible.

The rest can mince themselves, especially Bacuna, who I don't want to see anywhere near a football again (not that he got that close last time out).

Edited by Shaw_nuff

Maybe this thread is 2 months or so premature. No one can realistically know what's going to happen at this point. A lot will depend on Garde, my gut feeling as of right now is he won't be here come June, that will be significant either way. 

My hunch is there will be many players brought in and a great deal will leave. I don't go with this trail of thought that not much will happen. Garde or any other prospective manager will not want to continue with a poorly assembled second rate squad who have lost the majority of their games over a 5 year period. 

I think Clark, Amavi, Adama and Gestede will all be important players for us next year but other than those I really couldn't say. I almost hope it is a 100% different group regardless of the threat of struggling in the second tier, at least it would feel like something new. 

All I can say for certain is I will be backing our boys and I will be renewing my season ticket yet again for the Villa. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Richie k said:

so where do the parachute payments go or where are they supposed to go?

They go to absorb player wages, that is the purpose of parachute payments so relegated team don't go bankrupt paying out existing contracts for players on Premier League wages thus reducing the huge shortfall.

Although people on this site seem to think all our players have relegation clauses meaning their wages automatically get reduced (wrong).

And others think it's so we can buy new players LOL 

Parachute payments go on the assumption that you'll take a drop in income but not a drop in outgoings

If you believe the AGM we've sorted ourselves in terms of outgoings and everyone is taking a hit, the income we've got a new kit manufacture deal and we signed the new main sponsor last year so it'll be interesting, if fox anticipated the drop last year and lined everything up properly then we should be in a position where we can do ok off the parachute payments, whether or not Lerner keeps that money in the club or draws it out is the difference

7 hours ago, AndyBM said:

straight into lerners pocket I would imagine

okore, gil, guzan and veretout we will struggle to keep hold of, as well as traore, kozak and gana

my heart will break if we cant keep hold of Guzan

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

Maybe this thread is 2 months or so premature. No one can realistically know what's going to happen at this point. A lot will depend on Garde, my gut feeling as of right now is he won't be here come June, that will be significant either way. 

My hunch is there will be many players brought in and a great deal will leave. I don't go with this trail of thought that not much will happen. Garde or any other prospective manager will not want to continue with a poorly assembled second rate squad who have lost the majority of their games over a 5 year period. 

I think Clark, Amavi, Adama and Gestede will all be important players for us next year but other than those I really couldn't say. I almost hope it is a 100% different group regardless of the threat of struggling in the second tier, at least it would feel like something new. 

All I can say for certain is I will be backing our boys and I will be renewing my season ticket yet again for the Villa. 

I agree with this except for Amavi and Adama, who I think, despite injury, will leave.

There was an article a while ago by Greg Evans at the BM, and it struck me as a bit unusual because it said with a lot of certainty what would happen with most of the current squad. It sounded like he had been talking to someone at the club. Anyway, the article said Adama is one for the future but players like Gana and Richards would be offski. Gil happy to stay too, so if that is the case then fair play to the little fella. I would really like to see adama and grealish cut their teeth next season in the championship - they could be our main guys in a year or two.

• Like 1

theres to many people at the top of this club not making the right decisions but are also sitting on huge contracts, tom fox on £1m a year for what? a second chairman with no money to invest for what? head of recruitment for what? no wonder no players were signed in january.

Priorities have to be a goalkeeper and striker, I'd assume ayew will go and possibly Guzan and lescott will go the mls hopefully Richards goes and shite like richardson & bacuna get moved on.

-------GK-----

hutton okore Clark Amavi

-----------Sanchez--------

veretout Westwood Gil

agbonlahor gestede

its hardly inspiring I know but I'd put money on this being close to what we see next season

Edited by Jimzk5

I've seen a lot of people say we'll go for a new GK, but I'm not too sure. The quality that we'll be able to attract in the Championship will be much lower than we can attract in the Prem. Also, is Bunn too bad to be our GK in the Championship? I don't think he is.

If we have limited funds (which, is extremely likely), I'd rather use that money to replace Ayew, who I expect to leave. I'd rather have Bunn in goal and buy a good quality forward/ winger.

I reckon we could see something like this:

----------- Bunn ----------

Bacuna Okore Clark Bennett

Westwood Gardner Veretout

Traore -- Gestede -- Gabby

I know Bacuna seems to be public enemy number one at the moment, but he'll do a decent job at RB in the Championship, imo. I'd also replace Bennett with Amavi if he sticks around, of course.

There are some brilliant young players dotted around the leagues, we should start again and entice them at Championship, not Premiership value. 
Villa in the Championship is very enticing, plus it's development not just a big move.

Imo we should cut the crap, guys on disproportionate wages anyway, see if you can keep some of the new signings, chuck in the kids and make promotion a maximum of 3 year ambition. I hope not, but next year could prove a hangover year.

16 hours ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

There are some brilliant young players dotted around the leagues, we should start again and entice them at Championship, not Premiership value. 
Villa in the Championship is very enticing, plus it's development not just a big move.

Imo we should cut the crap, guys on disproportionate wages anyway, see if you can keep some of the new signings, chuck in the kids and make promotion a maximum of 3 year ambition. I hope not, but next year could prove a hangover year.

You`r asking a lot from a bunch of dipsticks that would not even spend on 2 players ( goalkeeper and striker ) to try to keep us up ?!