What team will we see next season?

AndyBM

Sell Gestede, Veretout, Richardson, Robinson

Consider selling Richards, N'Zogbia, Sinclair, Ayew, Grealish, Sanchez, Bennett, Baker

Keep Okore, Traore, Amavi, Gueye, Bacuna, Cissokho, Hutton, Clark, Westwood, Kozak, Sellars, Donacien, Guzan, Bunn, Lescott, Agbonlahor

Get Agbonlahor on a weight loss program.

New manager, new midfielders and a striker and replace all players sold.

Edited by Michael118

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Gestede can be lethal in the championship if you play to his strengths, unless we change the manager this wont happen, so if Garde stays then Gestede has to go. 

Who are the players that we have who are capable of playing to Gestede's strength?

Adama and Amavi are the only ones who I have seen who can put crosses in on a reasonably consistent basis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Who are the players that we have who are capable of playing to Gestede's strength?

Adama and Amavi are the only ones who I have seen who can put crosses in on a reasonably consistent basis.

Exactly! Was about to post something very similar.

Also, whatever Gestede did last season to score goals, he isn't doing it this season.

No player in the world can score goals when they are just standing still, and Gestede doesn't move.

The few times we actually manage to get a cross in he's nowhere to be seen as he hasn't bothered to get into the box.

11 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

There must be somebody at the club who can cross a ball. We let the best crosser of the ball in the Premier League goto Leicester. Gestede is a player that score goals in the championship, thats proven. He's one of the players i would like to keep if we have a manager who will play to his strengths.

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

There must be somebody at the club who can cross a ball. We let the best crosser of the ball in the Premier League goto Leicester. Gestede is a player that score goals in the championship, thats proven. He's one of the players i would like to keep if we have a manager who will play to his strengths.

I don't  disagree that he is proven in the Championship, my issue was more that you suggested Garde doesn't play to his strengths.

My point was, how can he? we don't have the personnel to do so even if he did want to. You've seen like I have the state of some of the crossing. Gestede needs players getting to the byline or whipping in crosses quickly. We don't have people who can do that as far as I can see.

Yes the last two seasons before this one were good. We use the argument that we have no-one to cross the ball so don't blame Garde but Sherwood managed to play to Benteke's strengths last season and who did we have then, Bacuna? Richardson?  and at least he attempted to play to Gestedes strengths this season with some success at Liverpool, the cup game etc. 

Edited by PaulC

I'm going into full Football Manager mode. Here goes.

Let's just sell off all the players we don't think will be up for the fight or will want to leave. Then using the money left over after the usual debts, offer Gareth Barry a good wage to drop down to the Championship, bring in a quality keeper (like Jack Butland), a winger and a striker, and lastly give Callum Robinson a new contract.

Sell:

Steer £200k

Guzan £1m

Bacuna £2m

Richards £4m

Lescott FREE

Cissokho £1m

Gana £7m

Richardson FREE

Sanchez £2m

Adama £6m

N'Zogbia FREE

Gabby £3m

Ayew £9m (not through choice)

Kozak £2m

Sinclair £1m

Buy:

New GK

Gareth Barry

New winger

New striker

Championship first eleven:

- - - - - - - - New GK - - - - - - - -

Hutton - Clark - - Okore - Amavi

- - - - - Barry - - - Gardner - - - -

Grealish - - - - Gil - - New Winger

- - - - - - - - Gestede - - - - - - - -

Bench: Bunn, Baker, Bennett, Veretout, Westwood, Green, New Striker

Backup:

Lyden

Davis

Kinsella

Robinson

- plus other youngsters -

Piece of piss.

I'm going into full Football Manager mode. Here goes.

Let's just sell off all the players we don't think will be up for the fight or will want to leave. Then using the money left over after the usual debts, offer Gareth Barry a good wage to drop down to the Championship, bring in a quality keeper (like Jack Butland), a winger and a striker, and lastly give Callum Robinson a new contract.

Sell:

Steer £200k

Guzan £1m

Bacuna £2m

Richards £4m

Lescott FREE

Cissokho £1m

Gana £7m

Richardson FREE

Sanchez £2m

Adama £6m

N'Zogbia FREE

Gabby £3m

Ayew £9m (not through choice)

Kozak £2m

Sinclair £1m

Buy:

New GK

Gareth Barry

New winger

New striker

Championship first eleven:

- - - - - - - - New GK - - - - - - - -

Hutton - Clark - - Okore - Amavi

- - - - - Barry - - - Gardner - - - -

Grealish - - - - Gil - - New Winger

- - - - - - - - Gestede - - - - - - - -

Bench: Bunn, Baker, Bennett, Veretout, Westwood, Green, New Striker

Backup:

Lyden

Davis

Kinsella

Robinson

- plus other youngsters -

Piece of piss.

Yea Barry would jump at the chance to play for us in the Championship

There's no way I would be looking to sell Gana, Adama and Ayew.

If they force moves then that's another matter. But at Championship level they'll all be very useful.

I don't want Cissokho playing for us next year. 

He's as bad on the ball as I've seen, it just winds me up too much watching him. Next year, with any luck, we'll be attacking teams, so won't need him ambling around that side of the pitch.

There's no way I would be looking to sell Gana, Adama and Ayew.

If they force moves then that's another matter. But at Championship level they'll all be very useful.

I think all three will want to leave. I'd like to keep them all, but I just can't see it.

Ayew > Gana > Adama

Hopefully we can cashing in on the new Premier League money ourselves by mugging some teams off. The same way La Liga and French teams have benefited with the silly money being paid for their players. 

I'd get rid of as many players as we can, hire a Spanish coach and by lots of lower league Spanish players. We'd pay more than their clubs, and they have some decent quality players who can actually play football.

DON'T BUY BRITISH, OR FRENCH FFS.

the current pool of players wont hack it in the championship, hutton & clark will get stuck in but as shown over the last 26 games the rest are dire,if they carnt get stuck in/put a shift in in the Premier League..what make you think they will in the championship on lower wages? 

fox, the scouting fools (batman & robin) should be fired & banned from the ground for life !,i think RG is a nice fella & feel the deal sold his was a sham but thats down to ..well you know who! 

a new manager like sean dyche would fit the bill but i carnt see villa attracting a ambitious manager working under "you know who"

I said in January they should get rid of those that don't want to fight and give some of the young lads ago. I stick by this. We would still be in the same position but at least we would know which of the youngsters has potential and a few games in the Premier would have been a real help for them in the Championship. 

Whatever happened to all our Youth Academy? 

I'd like to see 

....................new gk.........................

New rb.....new cb......new cb.......amavi

...................Gardner.....new cm............

Adama...............Grealish..............ayew

........................new striker.............

Gil, Veretout and Gestede all still kept as squad players.