What team will we see next season?

AndyBM

i was hoping to post this in a similar manner on an already existing thread seeing as you guys usually get all topics of conversation covered, but i couldn't see one to suit, so here goes...

taking many factors into consideration, like this season is already over as villa are just the whipping boys for the other league teams training sessions, many of the over paid pre-madonnas are clearly going to jump ship, and for some, if they don't jump they will have to be pushed as the club wont be able to pay the sort of wages that these 'footballers' 'earn'.

so who can we hope to see the back of? what youth can we hope to see get promoted to the first team? should we even expect any purchases?

hopefully we will see the back of nzogbia, lescott, richardson and richards, unfortunately we might see okore, crespo, gil, traore and sinclair leave, and i reckon ayew might want out as well.

players like clark, baker, westwood, bennett, gardner, veretout and gestede may play better.

id like to see donacien, kinsella, mason, lyden, robinson and sellers make the first team on a regular basis.

9 hours ago, sne said:

I rather not think about that to be honest.

I'm already sad as it is

I can understand being sad about being relegated, but don't quite share the same feelings about who we might 'lose' over the summer. I struggle to think of a single player who I value to such a degree I'll even give them a second thought when they leave. I can't think of a player that will leave us for a better team in this country that's for sure. I won't particularly miss any player from this talentless squad! 

I think Guzan, Richards and Lescott will all leave for America/ China paid retirements. We all know Richardson and NZogbia will be released. Think we might retain one of Veretout, Gana or Ayew but the rest will go to middling European teams, no British clubs will want them. Same applies to Okore, Gil and Sanchez.

Gabby will stay due to wages and the fact I genuinely believe he wants to be a one club man. Hutton may be kept on but possibly loaned out for final year of contract. Back will come the loaned out players and current fringe players plus one, maybe two, cheap Championship players as The Board will believe we should have enough to get back up and will not want to invest in short term fixes who will need replacing immediately when we come back up at the first attempt... (sense my sarcasm) 

Bunn 1st Choice, Steer as Backup

Defence made up of Clark, Baker, Bennett, Amavi (due to injury), Cissokho and Kinsella - possibly one defensive signing, probably CB.

Midfield will consist of Westwood, Grealish (no one is going to take a chance on unproven/ attitude), Bacuna, Gardner, Lyden, probably Gana and maybe Traore (see Amavi)

Strikers available will be Gabby, Gestede, Robinson - possibly one attacking signing.

Think that'll be pretty close to the squad they 'assemble'. Will it be enough? Oh, and Remi will be gone. We will have a summer transfer window that sees a few nominal sales (Okore, Gil, Sanchez) a majority released/ free and then maybe two very cheap signings that will equate to far less than we make in sales with the argument we spent £50m last summer repeated to us every other week...

Squad decimated and numbers reduced, wages obliterated, costs reduced to bare minimum and a very happy Board.

And next week I'll tell you what the lottery numbers for September are...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

I can understand being sad about being relegated, but don't quite share the same feelings about who we might 'lose' over the summer. I struggle to think of a single player who I value to such a degree I'll even give them a second thought when they leave. I can't think of a player that will leave us for a better team in this country that's for sure. I won't particularly miss any player from this talentless squad! 

I think Guzan, Richards and Lescott will all leave for America/ China paid retirements. We all know Richardson and NZogbia will be released. Think we might retain one of Veretout, Gana or Ayew but the rest will go to middling European teams, no British clubs will want them. Same applies to Okore, Gil and Sanchez.

Gabby will stay due to wages and the fact I genuinely believe he wants to be a one club man. Hutton may be kept on but possibly loaned out for final year of contract. Back will come the loaned out players and current fringe players plus one, maybe two, cheap Championship players as The Board will believe we should have enough to get back up and will not want to invest in short term fixes who will need replacing immediately when we come back up at the first attempt... (sense my sarcasm) 

Bunn 1st Choice, Steer as Backup

Defence made up of Clark, Baker, Bennett, Amavi (due to injury), Cissokho and Kinsella - possibly one defensive signing, probably CB.

Midfield will consist of Westwood, Grealish (no one is going to take a chance on unproven/ attitude), Bacuna, Gardner, Lyden, probably Gana and maybe Traore (see Amavi)

Strikers available will be Gabby, Gestede, Robinson - possibly one attacking signing.

Think that'll be pretty close to the squad they 'assemble'. Will it be enough? Oh, and Remi will be gone. We will have a summer transfer window that sees a few nominal sales (Okore, Gil, Sanchez) a majority released/ free and then maybe two very cheap signings that will equate to far less than we make in sales with the argument we spent £50m last summer repeated to us every other week...

Squad decimated and numbers reduced, wages obliterated, costs reduced to bare minimum and a very happy Board.

And next week I'll tell you what the lottery numbers for September are...

See that's my point, the squad we will have will be terrible, even compared to the top Championship ones.

And the money we get from sales will only partly go into new signings. With so many players leaving it will mean that we'll see say £15 m (and that's me being optimistic) spread over 8-10 players.

The squad will be horrible, and then there is the matter of who will manage us, as you say it will not be Garde.

Next season will be more of the same, only much worse

The thing is that when people say this player will leave and this one will go, who on earth is going to pay 10m for gana or veretout?? They have shown nothing to suggest they are even worth anywhere near that figure consistently. Richards will definitely go we know that but we will make a profit on him. i think amavi and traore will stay until at least janaury.

Ayew I think we can recoup what we paid for but the rest i cant see anyone crazy enought to pay what we did so we are stuck with them 

I can't think of any players that I'll genuinely be sad to see leave. Maybe Grealish and Adama but that's more down to potential than the fact I really like them. 

What makes me sad is the potential of having to see these players continue to represent the club. Thinking about watching Westwood for the 5th season in a row makes me sad. Thinking about watching Gestede, even though he's proven at that level, makes me sad. The idea of Guzan remaining makes me sad. Thinking about Scott Sinclair remaining here makes me sad. Having to cheer on the likes of Gana and Okore who are happy to publicly admit we're a stepping stone in their career makes me sad. 

But with Lerner remaining it worries me that we'll replace a load of players that I despise with yet another load of players who will prove to be just as frustrating to support. 

Keeping Ayew would make me happy. Seeing Grealish, Adama and Veretout flourish would make me happy. Seeing Gardner get a chance would make me happy. Those are a few things I hope for next year. 

• Like 1

-------------------------Bunn-------------------------

Bacuna--------New CB----Clark-----------Amavi

-------------Westwood------Veretout--------------

Grealish-------------------------------------------Gil

-------------Kozak---------------Gabby-------------

10 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

-------------------------Bunn-------------------------

Bacuna--------New CB----Clark-----------Amavi

-------------Westwood------Veretout--------------

Grealish-------------------------------------------Gil

-------------Kozak---------------Gabby-------------

God that's depressing

• Like 1

Squad next year will be Bunn; Steer; Watkins: Mason; Sulliman; Kinsella; Bennett; Clark; Donacien: Baker; Crespo; Amavi; Westwood ; Lyden; Veretout; Gueye; Gardner; Grealish; Calder; Sellars; Robinson; Ayew; Hepburn-Murphy  plus 4/5 signings.

19 minutes ago, KHV said:

Squad next year will be Bunn; Steer; Watkins: Mason; Sulliman; Kinsella; Bennett; Clark; Donacien: Baker; Crespo; Amavi; Westwood ; Lyden; Veretout; Gueye; Gardner; Grealish; Calder; Sellars; Robinson; Ayew; Hepburn-Murphy  plus 4/5 signings.

There is no chance Ayew is staying

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

I doubt there will be a queue of takers for him

i think he is the only player that we can get money from. He has shown he can score goals and has that bit of quality. He will definitely get interest I think. cant see many takers for gana or veretout though 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

i think he is the only player that we can get money from. He has shown he can score goals and has that bit of quality. He will definitely get interest I think. cant see many takers for gana or veretout though 

I think we will struggle for takers for anyone, probably end up paying a load of people off as per usual

1 hour ago, KHV said:

I think we will struggle for takers for anyone

This. I expect only Richards will leave and that will just be on some bizarre reputation he seems to have because nonbody would sign him based on his performances this season. Other than that it'll be the same pack of jokers struggling in the championship next season.

Even though there are a couple of players in the squad that I like, I'm getting to the stage where I wouldn't be upset if every single one of them left.