What team will we see next season?

AndyBM

I don’t understand any team having Clark in a defence and hoping for anything other than disaster. Every time I see him when he wins the ball/receives a pass he then gives it straight back to the opposition who immediately take advantage of the fact that he is out of position. He is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen in a Villa shirt.

Edited by Stockport_Villain

6 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

I don’t understand any team having Clark in a defence and hoping for anything other than disaster. Every time I see him when he wins the ball/receives a pass he then gives it straight back to the opposition who immediately take advantage of the fact that he is out of position. He is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen in a Villa shirt.

That's rubbish. Clark was our best defender in the 2014/15 season with Okore in the partnership. He has not been first choice played this year but started in our wins versus Bournemouth, Blues, Norwich, Palace and Wycombe. I'd have him ahead of Richards or Lescott any day. At least he cares about the club. And he will be playing in the Euros this summer. He does make mistakes, he is not a world beater, but he could do a job for us next season.

• Like 4

im not denying he's better than Lescott and Richards but not by much. However compared to Mountfield, Evans, McNaught, God, Laursen, Teale, Southgate, Cahill, Mellberg, Johnson and so on he's not fit to lace their boots and as far as I'm concerned not good enough for Villa, even in the Champonship. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Clark's never kicked on really from the promise he showed around 2010. Shows how far we've fallen he;s made probably about 100 appearances for us.

He needs pace alongside him (like Okore) as he's not quick and gets caught out by the high ball as he's very average in the air. Add in being lightweight against physical strikers and also failing time and again against simple movement in the box when a cross comes in and we wonder why we're on 17 points with regulars like him in the side.

And he's been one of the slightly better players this season!

Could be wrong but he seems to have played a lot since xmas. Also started the first 4 games of the season as him and Richards were first choice CBs up to the Leicester game.

Tbh if he has a decent tournament for Ireland we may get some bids for him so would be tempted to sell. In an ideal world I'd keep Okore and Baker and get in two decent CBs who know that level and we should be alright with that. 

If we get new owners prepared to splash cash to rebuild then we will have to get players to do a job this season with only a few staying on past this season as we then look to rebuild again next summer for being back in the premier league

16 hours ago, Mantis said:

Clark's a weird one. Next to the right player (e.g. Okore) he's very good most of the time but next to the wrong player he's absolutely awful.

Nah it's not that weird at all. He's just shit all the time.

• Like 2

--------------10m-----------------

10m------10m---10m------10m

10m------10m---10m------10m

-----------10m---10m----------

That kind of money should get us out of the Championship and then hold our own in the Premiership.  Then again 442 I see, Xia and RDM out!  When should we have our first protest :D

The championship next season could have rafa in charge of a premier league quality NUFC, and then us with a squad also composed of premier league quality signings who would be attracted to where we are headed. The revolution will be televised.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

The championship next season could have rafa in charge of a premier league quality NUFC, and then us with a squad also composed of premier league quality signings who would be attracted to where we are headed. The revolution will be televised.

Although not at 3pm on a Saturday.

• Like 1