25 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Well 2 weeks today... 

-------------- Guzan ----------------

Richards - Lescot - Clarke - Cissokho

------- Westwood - Gana --------

---- Bacuna - Ayew - Gabby ----

------------ Gestede---------------- 

We Go Again!..

Nurse, Nurse, Kingman needs his medication!!!

• Like 1

Nurses, Please tell me the starting line up from yesterday, bar the keeper and one defender who have a likely chance of starting. 

7 out the above 11 started, Now I'm no football manager but unless RDM aint got any bits missing up top, with just 2 games left you would like to think he knows at least 80% of the line up for the mighty Sheffield Wednesday!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Nurses, Please tell me the starting line up from yesterday, bar the keeper and one defender who have a likely chance of starting. 

7 out the above 11 started, Now I'm no football manager but unless RDM aint got any bits missing up top, with just 2 games left you would like to think he knows at least 80% of the line up for the mighty Sheffield Wednesday!

It was a pre-season friendly. The starting lineup means nothing!

Why do people do this EVERY YEAR?

• Like 1

None of that changes my post.

Pre-season games are for fitness and experimenting. 

The starting lineup for yesterday's friendly does not have any bearing on the starting lineup for the first game of the season.

It could be exactly the same as the lineup we'll see, or it might contain none of the lineup we might see.

Granted first one or two friendly games have a tinker, but the last one or two friendlies i would like to think this is going to be the starting 11 for the first games and not still not **** about as to gain some momentum.

AKA Hodgson. 

Edited by Kingman

Team I think RDM will pick for Sheffield Wednesday if no changes: 

Gollini

Hutton Elphick Clark Amavi

Tshibola Gana

Green Ayew Grealish

Gestede 

I think Gana will probably go though. If he does it would be good to get a replacement but if not I think he would play Gardner there. Definitely though needs a new striker though, Gestede cannot be first choice. Whilst I like Ayew, he has to either be partnered up top or he plays in one of those roles behind. Doesn't score enough. This position is absolute priority. Wouldn't mind replacing Hutton either but not priority. The noises as well appear to suggest another creative midfielder which means Green will be a squad player IMO.

What that says to me is that the 1st team looks a lot better, that we struggle beyond that and a few injuries in key places we will struggle and go into the mix of the middle of the table. We need to strengthen the squad more and we need a striker. 

If we sort that we can push for promotion.

Edited by cyrusr
Putting the right Clark in the team...

----------------- Gollini -----------------

Hutton -- Elphick -- Baker -- Cissoko

---------- Gana --- Tshibola -----------

-- Ayew ----- Morrison --- Grealish --

----------------- Kodjia -----------------

I think we'll sign Kodjia and Morrison.  Then if Gana goes, quite possibly a replacement for him, possibly even another player to fit within that secondary attacking 3.  

Defensively, it sounds from Dr X's tweets that the management think we're ok there for now.  I think we'll start with Hutton and Cissoko, with more attacking options on the bench in Bacuna and Bennett (note: I don't advocate that, it's just what i think will happen - it's a far from perfect set of fullbacks and I for one would love to ship both Hutton and Bacuna out asap!).  Hopefully we'll introduce Amavi gently as he gets closer to match fitness and a new right back in Jan.

Gollini 

Hutton Elphick Baker Amavi

Gana Tshibola 

Green Ayew Grealish 

Gestede 

Someone like Kodija could come in and I think would go straight into the side. If Morrison was to sign I think he would have to bide his time to make the 11. 

4 minutes ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

Gollini 

Hutton Elphick Baker Amavi

Gana Tshibola 

Green Ayew Grealish 

Gestede

That looks decent.  I'd probably go Okore over Baker but I've no particular problem with Baker either.  They'd certainly be the 2 battling to partner Elphick for me.