Keinan Davis

a-k

1 minute ago, useless said:

It's almost if some are enjoying the fact that he didn't score and that his replacement came on and got a goal. Which is pretty strange, as him dowing well will only benefit us, and he's done nothing wrong as a Villa player to deserve that kind of reaction from Villa fans.

Or we just don’t agree with your assessment and seeing the same issues that have been there for years.  

I really hope he does well there and wished him well at the beginning of game.  

The better he does the more we can sell him for but when it’s the same type of performance again as usual and the same laughable defence of that performance by some fans, it’s easy to take the mick at those comments.  

It’s nice that it’s not affecting a Villa result so I can just sit back and watch without emotion.

• Like 1

All banter aside he did well tonight. He was part of a compact unit that frustrated and snuffed out anything Arsenal tried to get going.

The limited ball he got and support he held it well. He bullied defenders and got them up the pitch.

You don't beat PL opposition as a Championship club with passengers 

If he stays fit he'll have a 10 year career at this level. Not to be sniffed at.

• Like 2

I thought he had a good game, well showed all the positive sides of his game we know about, hold up play etc.  Came off as presumably not fully match fit. I hope he now gets a long run in their team, and they appreciate him. Won't be good enough for us now, but I do so want to see him do well

• Like 2

I didn't watch the game, but he gets a mention on the BBC match report for causing Arsenal's defence problems.  That doesn't happen if he's having a shit game.

Have messaged a couple of Forest-supporting mates to see what they thought of him - probably a more reasoned view than on here ;) 

• Like 4

I watched the first half and Keinan looked sharp.

He is really rusty having sat around on the bench for Villa but gave Arse some trouble, I thought he looked strong, quick, showed some good touches and won everything in the air...hopefully he can get some games and wear off some rust.

Good luck big fella.

Btw, he's a Villan ya'll should be supporting him.

• Like 4

I am one of Davis' biggest critics, the idea that he can ever be a Premier League footballer is laughable to me. However, I watched today and he didnt have a bad game or anything, yes he was a nuisance and he even held the ball up reasonably well. You can't say he was embarrassing or anything...

BUT, I'm afraid my view hasn't changed. He doesn't offer anything other than being physical. He doesn't put himself in the right positions, he doesnt play the right balls, he makes the wrong runs. I really doubt he'll score many goals at Championship level. He won't get many assists, he's hot-headed and he's injury prone. Today, he was largely ineffective but didn't hinder Forest as his role was as outlet. Put him in a game where they are being a lot more attacking and his deficiencies become even more apparent.

Being a nuisance, and holding the ball up does not make a footballer. He's miles off that and even today's game demonstrated it's the absolute basics that he struggles with. I get the feeling he's relied so long on his physicality that he has no clue what to do against players with any positional sense and he then just has to go looking for the ball in dead areas and playing short passes to midfielders. And we all know his finishing skills are awful.

So what level is he? As a striker, League One. Maybe not even that. OR, is it worth reviewing his position? Big, physical with a bit of pace when needed, that's old school CB. Again, not Premier League in a million years but maybe Championship. I could see him being similar to Hause who is also that level.

As a striker... The game has moved on in the last twenty years since the big physical striker was effective - you need so so much more than that.

• Like 1

I don't think it's any longer a question of whether he's good enough for us, we've got two England international strikers, and are signing gold standard high banner players, so as much as any of us might like him as a player, for him to have a future at Villa he's going to have to improve a lot, it's more a question of whether he can do well enough for us to maybe get some money for him, and for him to be able to forge a good career for himself, which will be good to see after the bad luck he's had with injuries, and can only be good for the academy if it's products go on to do well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does the same slate logic apply to someone like Louis Barry ? 🤔

First game on loan at a new club, in a lower league team, against a flying premier league team, and fans couldn't wait to come on and have a pop. He's barely been there 5 mins.

Louis Barry can't even get into a shite Ipswich squad over a season but he's a prodigy so....

Again, there are certain players we just decide are the butt of the joke and it just catches on regardless of circumstance  or logic🤦🏿

100% correct

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does the same slate logic apply to someone like Louis Barry ? 🤔

First game on loan at a new club, in a lower league team, against a flying premier league team, and fans couldn't wait to come on and have a pop. He's barely been there 5 mins.

Louis Barry can't even get into a shite Ipswich squad over a season but he's a prodigy so....

Again, there are certain players we just decide are the butt of the joke and it just catches on regardless of circumstance  or logic🤦🏿

You have a fair point apart his name being Louie not Louis but on the same note one is 18, the other turns 24 next month.  

Also most of us wished him good luck and only commented later.  

Secondly we comment on all our players for every game when they play in Villa colours so why not when they are on loan.

Thirdly we do comment on loan players games like we did for KKH in what it turned out to be his last game on loan for Swindon the other day.

Fourthly I guess more loan players would get commented on more regularly if their games were on tv but because they are loaned to lower league teams they aren’t on tv often so we aren’t able to see them playing so can’t have an opinion.

He started off well but we saw as game went on why he really hasn't played much at all in last 18 months.

I think at times he's a bit too slow to understand when to release the ball, plenty of times today he could've passed but instead of hung onto the ball and just ran into a couple of defenders away from the box.

Interested how often he'll start for Forest, Grabban will start next week after his goal and don't think Cooper plays two out and out strikers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, useless said:

Johnson looking good for Forest, was impressed with him last season for Lincoln in the play-offs.

Brentford identified him, had 12m bid rejected last week so they think he can scale up into good premier league wideman. Wouldn't disagree with that.

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

They created zero chances for him. Not sure what he was supposed to do other than some kind of brilliant individual goal. 

Was mentioned a few pages back he dosen't exactly immediately make a forward run just before cross is coming in.

Would he have scored the goal Grabban scored for example? We had a few cases here when he was a yard off and cross being overhit was blamed.

Kienan's scored about 5 senior goals, Grabban has over 100 at various levels.

I wish him well though.

Â