Eric Black

villan-scott

Why would the board be so concerned about who is the assistant manager? Surely their main agenda would be getting someone that will work as well as possible with the manager. Forcing him to work with a a particular person is not in anyone's interests.

57 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Full story on Eric Black's departure on http://rufc.co/1bmkBlA  now... #rufc

From Rotherham's website:

'Eric thanked the Millers boss for the opportunity to work as his assistant, admitting he had thoroughly enjoyed his time with the Millers.'

Makes it sound perverted in some way. 

34 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I recently hired an assistant that I had never met before the interview.  You lot have got me thinking I must have done it all wrong.  

Depends, are you paying them 5 grand a week?

I recently hired an assistant that I had never met before the interview.  You lot have got me thinking I must have done it all wrong.  

Depends, are you paying them 5 grand a week?

He won't be on that. £150k a year max.

My mate earns near enough £5k a week and he often works from home, often in just a t-shirt. And he's ginger.

Little mental image for you there.

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Depends. Are you a ginger mathematics genius with a penchant for getting your bollocks out?

My beard grows in ginger and I match one of the other two so can I get half of the £5k a week? I could do a lot with half a million pounds a year.

• Like 1

On the OS now, been described as a member of the coaching team as opposed to Assistant Manager, which is still listed as Reginald Ray. Welcome.

Edited by DeadlyDirk
Typo

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Garde says Black has come in to help with the British players - shrewd move and could actually be good for Gabby and Grealish. Garde will now I assume be more hands off.

Says it all about the summer really doesn't it. British players liked Sherwood, overseas players didn't, Garde comes in overseas players like him, some of the British players don't. Enter Eric Black to help.

Our club is hilarious at times but not in a good way.

I really hope this has the desired effect within the squad

1 minute ago, KHV said:

Says it all about the summer really doesn't it. British players liked Sherwood, overseas players didn't, Garde comes in overseas players like him, some of the British players don't. Enter Eric Black to help.

Our club is hilarious at times but not in a good way.

I really hope this has the desired effect within the squad

I think it shows Garde as being pragmatic - identifies the problem, finds a solution, no ego getting in the way at all. Feels like a good move.

Â