Eric Black

villan-scott

He was a striker in his playing days and in 265 games he scored 96 goals and played for Metz for 5 years,  so hopefully it points to him being a help in improving our attack and he surely speaks French which is a big positive. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting, he's a solid coach with a long reputation for good coaching, Bruce's assistant at Birmingham and at Blackburn.

I'm wondering where Remi will have come across him. Wenger will know him, but I'm not sure he's worked with any Wenger proteges - not sure if he's worked with Houllier and I'm not sure who he may have met at Metz.

He's a very good coach - I wonder how much he's Remi's choice, but he's not a bad choice.

I am sure it is his choice. Managers don't just have to pick their mates as their assistants. I would expect Garde has done his research and picked Mr Black to join the world's greatest football team.

2 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

So we get this guy in til the summer and then hopefully get the 2 lads from Lyon?

Possibly, I suppose it will depend on how it goes with him, whether or not Garde actually does stay on in the summer and whether or not we stay up (I hope he does, I hope we do). 

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am sure it is his choice. Managers don't just have to pick their mates as their assistants. I would expect Garde has done his research and picked Mr Black to join the world's greatest football team.

Yep, said in the Garde thread.

Most likely he's looking for an assistant, he gets a list of candidates either himself or the club do the research for him and then he picks the one he wants, I assume based on CV and interviews, like a lot of jobs.

Remi doesn't have to have heard of him before now for him to be Remi's choice.

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, said in the Garde thread.

Most likely he's looking for an assistant, he gets a list of candidates either himself or the club do the research for him and then he picks the one he wants, I assume based on CV and interviews, like a lot of jobs.

Remi doesn't have to have heard of him before now for him to be Remi's choice.

Sorry, I hadn't meant to suggest that he'd been brought in over Garde's head.

I think he's a decent choice.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sorry, I hadn't meant to suggest that he'd been brought in over Garde's head.

I think he's a decent choice.

I do too.

And having worked under Steve Bruce, Steve Kean and Barry Ferguson, I'm sure Garde will be a breath of fresh air for him!

5 hours ago, Bunnski said:

He was a striker in his playing days and in 265 games he scored 96 goals and played for Metz for 5 years,  so hopefully it points to him being a help in improving our attack and he surely speaks French which is a big positive. 

Good!

This means I don't have to ask if he can play as a striker.

Wonder if the sees it as job done in having signed a striker now?

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Is he our next manager?

Bought in to oversee/get to know the squad ahead of next year in the Championship, when Garde either walks or is pushed?

Something cheap like that wouldn't surprise me with our current custodians.

He was supposedly head hunted by Garde so I doubt it.

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting, he's a solid coach with a long reputation for good coaching, Bruce's assistant at Birmingham and at Blackburn.

I'm wondering where Remi will have come across him. Wenger will know him, but I'm not sure he's worked with any Wenger proteges - not sure if he's worked with Houllier and I'm not sure who he may have met at Metz.

He's a very good coach - I wonder how much he's Remi's choice, but he's not a bad choice.

Probably played against each other in the French league so I'm sure Remi remembers him.

''The 52-year-old Aberdeen legend has established an impressive reputation as a coach, working as a No2 at Celtic, Birmingham, Sunderland, Wigan, Blackburn and Blackpool while he bossed Motherwell, Coventry and Scotland Under-21s as well as a number of spells in caretaker charge''

The above is a quote from footballerinsider247.com

Garde clearly needs an assistant and to not have one in place since he arrived is ridiculous but I am not convinced with his CV as most people on here seem to be. Look at the list of clubs he has coached at and with the exception of Celtic (anyone can coach a one team league) there is a common theme. They have all been relegated from the Premiership and now with him coming here he is going to add us to that list. Hardly inspiring. 

Edited by imavillan

Â