Eric Black

villan-scott

Just now, Jareth said:

I think it shows Garde as being pragmatic - identifies the problem, finds a solution, no ego getting in the way at all. Feels like a good move.

Yeah I think it is a good move too, seems like things are slowly getting put back together. Quite how Fox, Sherwood and the "committee" got us in to this predicament within 7 months of a cup final appearance I will never know.

If this appointment goes some way to getting Grealish, Agbonlahor etc to pull their fingers out their arse for the remainder of the season it's all good

If this indeed because the British players need a "British" coach to be able to do their jobs properly (ie. play football), then it is certainly an indictment on what a bunch of pricks they are.

I understand things get lost in translation from time to time, but imagine any other workplace where they have to hire ANOTHER boss because your first boss is French, German, whatever and you can't do your job properly because of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mwj said:

If this indeed because the British players need a "British" coach to be able to do their jobs properly (ie. play football), then it is certainly an indictment on what a bunch of pricks they are.

I understand things get lost in translation from time to time, but imagine any other workplace where they have to hire ANOTHER boss because your first boss is French, German, whatever and you can't do your job properly because of it.

Seems to be an "us" and "them" mentality at Bodymoor Heath

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

Seems to be an "us" and "them" mentality at Bodymoor Heath

Yeh but this is not a **** schoolyard... man up and do the job you're paid for.

1 hour ago, mwj said:

Yeh but this is not a **** schoolyard... man up and do the job you're paid for.

im sure its like a school. probably graffiti in the toilet saying Gabby, Joleon, Micah and Brad friends 4 eva

• Like 2

On 24/01/2016 at 13:39, theboyangel said:

Is he our next manager?

Bought in to oversee/get to know the squad ahead of next year in the Championship, when Garde either walks or is pushed?

Something cheap like that wouldn't surprise me with our current custodians.

I still think this is the case, more so now that the board has almost made Garde's position untenable by going against their word and not backing him this window.

Strangely, I have a feeling Garde will walk if we lose against West Ham tonight and Norwich of Saturday.

Garde could realistically walk any day - he hasn't been backed as promised, the squad is threadbare and results will continue to go against us.

No players wanted to join us in January, so what manager will either?

And since when, has the board ever done anything rationally?

33 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Garde could realistically walk any day - he hasn't been backed as promised, the squad is threadbare and results will continue to go against us.

No players wanted to join us in January, so what manager will either?

And since when, has the board ever done anything rationally?

Noting that the board do many irrational things isn't actually clinching proof that they will do this one particular irrational thing. 

They may well do some completely other irrational thing instead!

• Like 2

Black's CV actually makes him ideal in terms of continuity should Garde leave. Maybe his presence would mean we keep hold of the new contingent regardless of Garde, although I don't fancy his chances of accurately interpretting Neil Warnock...

Noting that the board do many irrational things isn't actually clinching proof that they will do this one particular irrational thing. 

They may well do some completely other irrational thing instead!

Well that's just bloody irrational!

• 1 month later...
Welcome and good luck for the final 7 games.

Please try (i) Play the kids, including Grealish! (ii) Exile: Gabby, Richards, Hutton, Richardson, Guzan.

You forgot Lescott

• Like 1

Â