Eric Black

villan-scott

maybe he got given a list of candidates. They were all interviewed. And remi picked a couple with the order he preferred given interview and CV? 

and if remi thought they were all unworkable, the board then go find a new list until remi does pick someone

Edited by gharperr

5 minutes ago, gharperr said:

maybe he got given a list of candidates. They were all interviewed. And remi picked a couple with the order he preferred given interview and CV? 

and if remi thought they were all unworkable, the board then go find a new list until remi does pick someone

If Remi was given a "list of candidates" does that not in itself suggests this wasn't completely his decision?

In my mind, Remi having his own choice means saying to the board  'I want Joe Bloggs'  and the board going out and getting him. 

Edited by av1

19 minutes ago, Richard said:

I tell you know if this is Garde's pick I am utterly amazed

I am not letting the negativity of the threat of relegation sway my opinion on everything club related.  Relegation is just the final outcome of how the club is being run which is the main negative bit ,  so basically it is everything club related that is negative and swaying my opinion.

Seeing your negative comments in every thread even when on about bringing players in says it's the other way around!! 

If Remi was given a "list of candidates" does that not in itself suggests this wasn't completely his decision?

No different to how scouts work. Have always worked.

I think it was Garde's decision. If it was up to the club they probably would have rather given the job to MacDonald than actually have to pay compensation to another club, for someone like EB. I'm guessing Black's French connections played a big role in his arrival.

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Its difficult to see how their paths could have crossed, which begs the question as to where Remi got the idea of Eric Black. 

He played in France for 5 years and has been a coach for years he was also a coach with McAllister who if you remember Houliier had here with him so maybe Houllier put his name forward? Or he might just know him? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

think the fact hes previously said no to one assistant manager suggests he has a pretty big role as to who is AM or not. Whether its from a list of every single possible AM in the world, or one which the board narrowed down to depending on critera which maybe remi has given before. He still picks or has a decent say in it. 

Edited by gharperr

Just now, dn1982 said:

Seeing your negative comments in every thread even when on about bringing players in says it's the other way around!! 

Top right hand corner of the page ...

dn1982>>ignored users>>find richard and add to list

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No different to how scouts work. Have always worked.

Surely that's slightly different mate? Scouting for players yes, a Manager can't keep tabs on every player in every league. But choosing a right hand man? Thats personal and should be entirely down to the Manager. 

Edited by av1

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

Surely that's slightly different mate? Scouting for players yes, a Manager can't keep tabs on every player in every league. But choosing a right hand man? That should be entirely down to the Manager. 

Ok. if Fox comes down and says "omg remi, i found you the perfect AM, do you want him or not??" And remi says ye sure, he looks good. Whos pick is it? its the latter. The only way it doesnt become remis pick is if the question asked turns to "heres a list of candidates and you HAVE to have one of them". Or just sign the AM without remi knowing

why you ignoring me richard:(

Edited by gharperr

Can't understand why anyone would be excited/pleased with this.

Seems to be that the general view is that if remi has picked him then it's fine with me.

Unsure as to why that would be the case. Tbh, we know absolutely bugger all about Remi garde's ability to pick assistants. Tbh we know absolutely bugger all about remi garde. 

Whilst there has been some small evidence that we are FINALLY beginning to look like some sort of football out, (Emphasis on finally as it's taken weeks) he really isn't pulling up any trees, especially in terms of decision making.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Can't understand why anyone would be excited/pleased with this.

Seems to be that the general view is that if remi has picked him then it's fine with me.

Unsure as to why that would be the case. Tbh, we know absolutely bugger all about Remi garde's ability to pick assistants. Tbh we know absolutely bugger all about remi garde. 

Whilst there has been some small evidence that we are FINALLY beginning to look like some sort of football out, (Emphasis on finally as it's taken weeks) he really isn't pulling up any trees, especially in terms of decision making.

I know loads about Remi Garde, absolutely loads. I watch all of his press conferences, interviews, have researched his past. I've watched every single minute of The Villa since he arrived. I like him and I trust him. Not saying you have to, but less of this "we" business, ta.  

I don't think anyone is blown away by this, I don't think they are supposed to be? 

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I know loads about Remi Garde, absolutely loads. I watch all of his press conferences, interviews, have researched his past. I've watched every single minute of The Villa since he arrived. I like him and I trust him. Not saying you have to, but less of this "we" business, ta.  

I don't think anyone is blown away by this, I don't think they are supposed to be? 

I never said anyone was blown away.

Can't really argue with the other parts of the post. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, av1 said:

Its difficult to see how their paths could have crossed, which begs the question as to where Remi got the idea of Eric Black. 

As explained before, he doesn't have to have had the idea for Eric Black for him to be his choice.

He could have been presented with some candidates, or had people apply for the position, gone through some sort of selection process and settle on Black.

Not everything in football is just decided off the top of somebody's head or purely done on reputation.

Garde may well have never heard of Black, but then met with him, spoken to him and decided he was the man for the job.

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As explained before, he doesn't have to have had the idea for Eric Black for him to be his choice.

He could have been presented with some candidates, or had people apply for the position, gone through some sort of selection process and settle on Black.

Not everything in football is just decided off the top of somebody's head or purely done on reputation.

Garde may well have never heard of Black, but then met with him, spoken to him and decided he was the man for the job.

Like 99% of all people getting new jobs.

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They did play football in the same country for four years when Black was at Metz and Garde was at Lyon, their paths may have crossed. It really doesn't matter much though IMO

• Like 1

Â