Eric Black

villan-scott

If he's Garde's choice I trust him. He speaks French after playing there for 5 years and I assume he has decent English coming from Scotland! If we do go he also has a wealth of knowledge of the Championship. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Interesting, he's a solid coach with a long reputation for good coaching, Bruce's assistant at Birmingham and at Blackburn.

I'm wondering where Remi will have come across him. Wenger will know him, but I'm not sure he's worked with any Wenger proteges - not sure if he's worked with Houllier and I'm not sure who he may have met at Metz.

He's a very good coach - I wonder how much he's Remi's choice, but he's not a bad choice.

Just to add

Played centre forward in Sir Alex fergusons Aberdeen.

however as the great Henry Ford said,

" It's not just about what you know......It's more about what you do"

ps all these new ones need our support, until it's plainly obvious they don't deserve it.

Edited by TRO

The main criteria of an assistant manager is to carry out the managers instructions and relieve the mundane tasks that zap the managers mental energy...and to provide himself as a sounding board during a match

They are not policy makers or team selectors, so on that front I see little change.

Remi has mooted that some of his instructions to the players are getting lost in translation....hence the importance of Eric's language skills.

He has been around the block, but can be a good thing too.....from what I understand he is a steady guy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Remi has mooted that some of his instructions to the players are getting lost in translation....hence the importance of Eric's language skills.

"Gabby et Jack, ne pas etre terrible" (Gabby & Jack, don't be sh*t).

I thought he was generally reckoned to be the better coach when he worked with Bruce but I guess that is not saying much!

It strikes me as a very sound appointment.

14 hours ago, TRO said:

Seriously? So which is it? Garde was appointed because we have a lot of French players and they needed to be able to understand him or Garde cannot get through to the players as they are unable to understand him?  If it wasn't so serious It would be laughable

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Doubt he is Garde's pick and doubt it is long term

Seeing as Garde didn't want Round and rejected the idea in a press conference I don't think he's the type to have anyone forced on him. I think John Percy said it's his choice aswell. Seeing as they've never worked together a 6 month contract to see how they get on would be a sensible idea and by the sounds of it it's an initial end of season deal so what's wrong with that? Letting the negativiy of the threat relegation sway your opinion on everything club related is silly. 

1 minute ago, dn1982 said:

Seeing as Garde didn't want Round and rejected the idea in a press conference I don't think he's the type to have anyone forced on him. I think John Percy said it's his choice aswell. Seeing as they've never worked together a 6 month contract to see how they get on would be a sensible idea and by the sounds of it it's an initial end of season deal so what's wrong with that? Letting the negativiy of the threat relegation sway your opinion on everything club related is silly. 

I tell you know if this is Garde's pick I am utterly amazed

I am not letting the negativity of the threat of relegation sway my opinion on everything club related.  Relegation is just the final outcome of how the club is being run which is the main negative bit ,  so basically it is everything club related that is negative and swaying my opinion.

7 minutes ago, gharperr said:

why..

Its difficult to see how their paths could have crossed, which begs the question as to where Remi got the idea of Eric Black. 

Â