Lovre Kalinić

mwj

12 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Was sure it said in the telegraph article that it was an fa panel.

No it is independent, the player must be deemed good enough to play at the elite league (Premier League) and also deemed to be able to give a contribution to the development of the elite league (Premier League). My only guess can be that they do not think either of these things will happen, because we are planning for relegation and it is likely he will play no more than 3 months in the elite league (Premier League). 

You may remember the Tim Howard affair involving the talented young keeper – as he was then – who shone so brightly in a French Confederations Cup tournament and joined Manchester United, winning a work permit on appeal thanks it was said to the help of an obscure Italo-Swiss agent who was generously paid for his assistance.

The Sunday Times disclosed that most of the money was passed on to an English agent in Monaco and then to Jason at Elite. But, as I was able to point out, as a frequent member of that Department of Employment appeals four man committee, no agent ever got anywhere near us.

Read more at http://www.worldsoccer.com/columnists/brian-glanville/sepp-blatter-will-beneficiary-footballs-lack-leadership-359448#lhPPW8XTItmPwoFg.99

from Brian Glanville from World Soccer who has served on the panel before

On 1/23/2016 at 12:42, sne said:

He'll 99% be our first choice keeper and is denied, but I'm sure Man U would have no problem signing a 4th choice RB with the same qualifications.

Joke system

Let's see what shite Chelsea pick up from non-EU European countries and South America over the next couple of years. 

I don't buy the age argument at all, I have no idea why being 17/18 should be more of a reason for a work permit over someone who is 25.

On 23/1/2016 at 12:10, samjp26 said:

No it is independent, the player must be deemed good enough to play at the elite league (Premier League) and also deemed to be able to give a contribution to the development of the elite league (Premier League). My only guess can be that they do not think either of these things will happen, because we are planning for relegation and it is likely he will play no more than 3 months in the elite league (Premier League). 

If so I think we have to question how qualified this panel is to decide that a player we are prepared to buy is not good enough to play in the PL or to judge how likely we are to stay up (are they just using the bookies odds) or to guess how long he might play in the PL (do they anticipate he would not be coming straight back with us should we go down)? 

On 1/23/2016 at 00:58, HanoiVillan said:

tumblr_lvo8m4P0Ao1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

Why are people still going on about tax?

The alternative to Kalinic is not to play the rest of the season with no goalkeeper. It's to sign another one, sooner or later. Who'll be on similar wages. Which he will get taxed on. 

Unless he's got a clever accountant.

21 hours ago, John said:

If so I think we have to question how qualified this panel is to decide that a player we are prepared to buy is not good enough to play in the PL or to judge how likely we are to stay up (are they just using the bookies odds) or to guess how long he might play in the PL (do they anticipate he would not be coming straight back with us should we go down)? 

Well I guess that is the annoyance, but they're actually the rules as to how the appeals panel works, I guess each time the individuals will vary as will opinions - like how a jury come to a decision I guess. 

19 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Well I guess that is the annoyance, but they're actually the rules as to how the appeals panel works, I guess each time the individuals will vary as will opinions - like how a jury come to a decision I guess. 

& the panel chairman may have connections with a club we would be looking to get above possibly for all we will ever know because no doubt the composition of the panel will never be disclosed.  Looks like this one is done then. A pity for the player and for us. 

If the initial work permit ruling (not the appeal) is based off wages and/or fee as I've seen posted elsewhere, then I guess its just a case of upping the offer.

First run was always going to fail due to the 75% internationals in the last 2 years thing.

The appeal is a box ticking exercise - we as a club should employ the right people to make sure we tick these boxes when the time arrives.

That's why he'll have no problem getting a visa to United or Liverpool - because they DO employ the right people who know how to use the rules to their benefit.

• Like 1

I'm losing (even more) confidence in the Mail after they printed rumours about Benteke returning, and then the following day printed a story saying the rumours being reported weren't true (as in we know better than the rumours)

They were the only ones reporting it!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Aston Villa back in for Lovre Kalinic after work permit issues scuppered original move. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3417626/Aston-Villa-Lovre-Kalinic-work-permit-issues-scuppered-original-move.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Daily Mail are reporting we are still pursuing him too. 

31 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

Aston Villa back in for Lovre Kalinic after work permit issues scuppered original move. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3417626/Aston-Villa-Lovre-Kalinic-work-permit-issues-scuppered-original-move.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Daily Mail are reporting we are still pursuing him too. 

They probably read this forum for ideas too. 

Â