Lovre Kalinić

mwj

1 minute ago, Villastine said:

Was the conflict of interest claim against Faulkner?

Almost certainly not, given the wording of that document. 

That the argument is tenuous is indicated by the fact that it was described as a potential conflict of interest, rather than, as the law requires, an actual or ostensible conflict, or, as the Requirements state, “an actual or perceived conflict”. There is no evidence or suggestion that (c 5 lines REDACTED) and no grounds for suspecting that (name REDACTED) could possibly have been influenced by that consideration. In those circumstances the fair-minded and objective observer could not conclude that there was a real possibility that (name REDACTED) was affected by bias

On 21 January 2016 at 18:01, RimmyJimmer said:

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It sounds like the conflict of interest was extremely tenuous, so I don't imagine it's anybody closely related to the club. We even cited it as a "potential" conflict, which would indicate we weren't confident of that ourselves.

That could easily be a potential relegation rival knocking us back? Either way it stinks added to the consistently bad refs you could get a conspiracy complex going!!! 

• Like 1

Everything else has gone against us this season, including officials not being be able to do their job properly why would this be any different. Ridiculous. 

Watch someone like Palace sign him in the summer now with no issues.

Edited by penguin

If we just accept bad decisions then they will continue to happen, we should search for any precedence that has been set, ask who and how the players ability was measured. Typical Villa no fight from the top ,

If we just accept bad decisions then they will continue to happen, we should search for any precedence that has been set, ask who and how the players ability was measured. Typical Villa no fight from the top ,

To be fair, getting a QC on the case is not exactly taking it lying down.

The hourly rate alone would have been eye watering...

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

That could easily be a potential relegation rival knocking us back? Either way it stinks added to the consistently bad refs you could get a conspiracy complex going!!! 

A relegation rival being represented on the panel that decides whether we can sign a player?

I very VERY much doubt it. That would be a quite obvious conflict of interest and would never be allowed. And if it was, an independent hearing like this would surely decide it WAS a conflict of interest. We also wouldn't have described it as a "potential" conflict. 

1 hour ago, tinker said:

We've appealed it twice, including hiring a legal team to take it to an independent arbitration and, in the words of the arbitrator himself, presented an "entirely proper and well argued" case.

I don't think there is anything else the club could have done in this case. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Paul Faulkner works for the Birmingham Chamber of commerce now, you see his column pop up in the Brum post from time to time so nothing to do with him.

Just seen on FB one of the panel members is apprently involved or has links to another relegation threatened club so that seems to be the conflict of interest.

So the FA didn't believe he was of sufficient calibre? Even the FA is saying our 'Recruitment Team' is crap.

As I said in the match thread yesterday where a clear, match changing penalty should have been given but wasn't. It would easy to become paranoid about the FA - especially when you consider how they treated us last year compared to others for the pitch invasion. It wouldn't surprise me if in a couple of years time we find out it's all 'a bit FIFA'. 

• Like 1

What I want to know is what evidence the FA base their "Not of sufficient Quality" argument on, as opposed to 2 international caps for a goalkeeper playing for the biggest club side in it's league, and a scouting network which has probably had a decent (for us) amount of money invested in it. Really bizarre considering he qualified with the required amount of points.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

What I want to know is what evidence the FA base their "Not of sufficient Quality" argument on, as opposed to 2 international caps for a goalkeeper playing for the biggest club side in it's league, and a scouting network which has probably had a decent (for us) amount of money invested in it. Really bizarre considering he qualified with the required amount of points.

but they arent biggest club side in their league and havent played in group stage of Champions League since 1994. If we were getting from Dinamo we might have a better chance since I saw Celtic signed a player from them with no caps in summer

13 hours ago, mwj said:

To be fair, getting a QC on the case is not exactly taking it lying down.

The hourly rate alone would have been eye watering...

By who and how has the player's ability being measured? Why hasn't the chairman or Fox come out and defended our position, i mean why try and sign the player if we never thought we had a chance , it doesn't add up to being a predictable decision from the FA. 

Edited by tinker

Â