Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

He doesn't have to say anything. He doesn't have to talk to us like we're idiots. That's what Tom Fox and Faulkner did. The fact he's doing the same ruins the idea for me that things will be different 

Hmm I can understand your point of view, imo I think things can change since he's not afraid of changing things as shown. Maybe he'd be man enough to tell Lerner where he's gone wrong, and to not just be a yes man, or maybe he's just an ass kisser haha.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

It's the same shit though. A new approach with new people but still praising Lerner. We've basically just repeated that a few times and it's sending us down. 

Those comments have ruined any positive things he's done for me. That and Krulak on board just confirm to me that's its going to be the same shit with just different people **** up under the word removed on an owner. 

And Hollis can get **** if he's going to speak to us like that. No different to the shit Faulkner and fox have said. I thought this was going to be different. Is it ****. 

What? Actions speak louder than words and his actions have been very good so far. How can it be same shit when we actually have 2 very experienced football people on the board now? Something I think every fan wanted. He's stood up to Lerner by the sounds of it so are those some of the comments that's ruined it for you?? I've no idea what you mean when you say speak to us like that as it seems a perfectly reasonable interview which you'd expect from an employee. Respectful of his employer but stating he's here to do a job not to pander to him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ismail-villa said:

Hmm I can understand your point of view, imo I think things can change since he's not afraid of changing things as shown. Maybe he'd be man enough to tell Lerner where he's gone wrong, and to not just be a yes man, or maybe he's just an ass kisser haha.

But fox changed things. He fired lambert and put together the dream team of Sherwood Riley and Almstadt to rebuild the squad. Just making changes doesn't prove anything. 

Just now, dn1982 said:

What? Actions speak louder than words and his actions have been very good so far. How can it be same shit when we actually have 2 very experienced football people on the board now? Something I think every fan wanted. He's stood up to Lerner by the sounds of it so are those some of the comments that's ruined it for you?? I've no idea what you mean when you say speak to us like that as it seems a perfectly reasonable interview which you'd expect from an employee. Respectful of his employer but stating he's here to do a job not to pander to him. 

When his actions have an impact then I'll credit them. We all wanted Lambert as manager and that was terrible. Most wanted Garde as manager and that's been awful. 

And saying the owner is passionate about this club while we sit bottom as one of the worst teams in premier league history is insulting bull shit. Just as bad as Fox saying we were building something special. It's a serious lack of respect to those of us who have had to witness the downfall of this club over the last 5 years. 

Surely you judge Hollis in the summer with what sort of transfer budget and fire sale there is?

When Newcastle went down a few years back I can't quite remember what state their finances were in compared to us but given the high wages I expect a fire sale.

Ashley decided he'd sell one or two but keep most of the squad to get out of the division first time and they walked it.

So Hollis has come out and said he is not Lerners poodle....well I would like him to explain why Krulak has been appointed as a full director to the board ? We all know that was Lerners call and a very bad one given the blokes lack of football knowledge and treatment of fans.

Edited by deamie
  • Like 4

Just get on with sacking Garde,

its fairly obvious he won't be here next season, I think we can also obviously say he was Appointed by Arsen Wenger and the two chancing clowns that have just had the nine, ten, jack dealt on them! 

Although the demise and mind boggling decisions behind the scenes are not down to garde, however he has contributed to the demise of the football on display. Not saying we played like Brazil under sherwood either but i have seen nothing to suggest improvement or progression either, Infact i would say key factors like passion, determination, motivation, grit, fight. spirit and togetherness that arguably kept us in the division last season are little to non existent.

Its the managers job to get that out the players and its simply not happening so surly it can't continue. They are not playing for the gaffer, they are not playing for the fans and they are not playing for each other, in-fact I've seen more life in a tramps vest. 

So has grade lost the dressing room? To be honest i don't think he ever had it and don't think he ever will unless we have a turnaround of about 20 players that want to play for him and then there is no guarantee that the quality of football will improve either so i don't think Mr Hollis will be sanctioning that much of the queens head over the next 5 months. If its that noticeable then surly it will only be a matter of time before its on the newly establishing boards "things to do list" 

Might as well give the new manger a run of 5/6 games to see if he can get a tune out of this squad of players because i well and truly believe that this squad of players should NOT be 22 points worse off than the likes of Waford and Bournemouth squads. 

Edited by Kingman

He's hardly gonna tell his boss to **** off out of Villa now is he. He's just trying to keep the positivity as high as possible (which isn't really much).

Fair enough but in that case he shouldn't come out with bollocks about not being Lerner's "poodle" because, as you've just mentioned, he actually is.

Maybe Hollis's will be the greatest thing since sliced bread for the club - I'm not ruling that out.

Just wishing he would drop all the PR bullshit because that's all we've had no -stop since Lerner arrived.

• Like 1

Spoiler

What are you feelings on the fans walkout?

I can understand it. The thing I learnt with the Aston Villa fans is, there is such passion, that genuinely, genuinely care. 

If you look at what they have had to experience over the last three or four years you can understand the raw emotion that comes out, evidenced in actions like that. 

I must say I’d rather they didn’t and we all work as a team and get behind the team, I don’t think it’s helpful and I would ask them to get behind us and work with us. They are an important part of this journey.

Condescending much? The walkout was before you made your moves too, easy to spin in hindsight eh Steve?

What makes us important to this 'journey' is that we don't just sit back and take it. We have a voice and we use it. I also assume he was asked about banner-gate and chose not to comment. 

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

When his actions have an impact then I'll credit them. We all wanted Lambert as manager and that was terrible. Most wanted Garde as manager and that's been awful. 

And saying the owner is passionate about this club while we sit bottom as one of the worst teams in premier league history is insulting bull shit. Just as bad as Fox saying we were building something special. It's a serious lack of respect to those of us who have had to witness the downfall of this club over the last 5 years. 

Some one can be passionate about something, yet still make bad decisions. We all know mistakes have been made with the club, but none of us know what's inside Randy's heart. Randy can be more passionate than you and I, but doesn't mean he can run a football club.

Hollis is stating something that he deems to be true, just because it doesn't fit your view, and we are bottom of the league it can't be true. I can't say either way where Randy's passion level is, so I have no stance either side, but I won't dismiss it out of hand.

We all look forward to the day we get a new owner, but while we wait I'm happy to see what Hollis can do.

I think the quotes are good but the problem is if we manage to put a successful "model" in place that works and then get sold it will surely all be removed. Unfortunately with the club still up for sale and an absent owner we will struggle for consistency in decision making at any level in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I think the quotes are good but the problem is if we manage to put a successful "model" in place that works and then get sold it will surely all be removed. Unfortunately with the club still up for sale and an absent owner we will struggle for consistency in decision making at any level in my opinion.

So, we should leave things broken?

He's getting things done but only time will tell if the doom merchants in the opening days of this thread will have to admit they were wrong... Or get to post told you so 

that's his second interview now where I came away with the impression that Garde is seen as part of the solution and not part of the problem ... I'm thinking our first game away to Brentford  next season will still see Garde in charge 

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So, we should leave things broken?

No not all, Im pleased we are making changes and hopefully for the better. I just think without a stable position at the top anything put in place is short term, I want Hollis to succeed and so far he has managed to wave good bye to two people who might have been the problem with the last fix which lasted 18 months. Hopefully this fix lasts longer and works. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

He's getting things done but only time will tell if the doom merchants in the opening days of this thread will have to admit they were wrong... Or get to post told you so 

that's his second interview now where I came away with the impression that Garde is seen as part of the solution and not part of the problem ... I'm thinking our first game away to Brentford  next season will still see Garde in charge 

Bold statement.

I'd say Leeds at home.

It's the same shit though. A new approach with new people but still praising Lerner. We've basically just repeated that a few times and it's sending us down. 

Those comments have ruined any positive things he's done for me. That and Krulak on board just confirm to me that's its going to be the same shit with just different people **** up under the word removed on an owner. 

And Hollis can get **** if he's going to speak to us like that. No different to the shit Faulkner and fox have said. I thought this was going to be different. Is it ****. 

Perhaps he should slag off his new boss?

Â