Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

On 3/19/2016 at 17:51, Kingman said:

Im not taking anything away from Mr Hollis but I wouldn't get to excited about the C.  

I am the The Founder and Director of my own company, the CEO, COO, CFO, Project manager, Contracts manager, QS, Site manager, Supervisor, Operative, Secretary and sweep up then make the tea. 

The C Means nothing, Labels are for cans!..

Are you a Window Cleaner? ;)

• Like 1

It doesn't seem likely that Lerner will sell the club given the value plummeting with our near Championship status. So with that in mind I think things off the field are shaping up the best that they can. We are laying the foundations nicely with time for them to settle in and assess how screwed we are before the summer. This gives me hope that come August we will be in a better place to make it happen on the field. 

• Like 1

On 22/03/2016 at 08:22, Stevo985 said:

I love the Football Board idea. 

To me that's Hollis acknowledging his lack of Football experience and expertise. He's got the football men in to run that part of the business, and he stays on the normal board to oversee the rest of it.

I think that's very clever.

Very clever? I'd say it's more common sense tbh ;)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I fear all these lovely ideas of football men and Premier League experienced managers will all fall flat for the same reason they always do. 

Randolph.

Absolutely. That's the ultimate fear. if everybody is still dancing to Lerner's tune then nothing will change.

Doesn't stop the idea being right though. It's the execution that will matter the most.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolutely. That's the ultimate fear. if everybody is still dancing to Lerner's tune then nothing will change.

Doesn't stop the idea being right though. It's the execution that will matter the most.

Nope, Hollis' decisions on the face of it all make perfect sense. I just fear that no amount of smart decisions are going to help if we have a puppet government. 

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Of course you do.

Well it is. A footballing board for a football club? Not rocket science.

Again, another example of the basics being overly praised as a result of the basics being so rare.

• Like 1

It appears to have been a good start from Hollis but the proof of how good his ideas and implementation of plans are will surely be our next couple of transfer windows! Just hope Krulak isn't too much of a hindrance to him though.  

Hollis has some good ideas BUT tbh its all to do with $$$.Its money that keeps clubs in the Premier League ( we are going out of it from lack of money ) its money that keeps clubs at the top of the Premier League and if we dont get enough of it from Lerner then we will stay in the Championship or become a yoyo club.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Well it is. A footballing board for a football club? Not rocket science.

Again, another example of the basics being overly praised as a result of the basics being so rare.

I was more referring to the footballing board being totally separate from the main board, and Hollis making that distinction clear, and keeping himself off it to address the fans' concerns that he lacks footballing experience.

That's the clever bit.

56 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Hollis has some good ideas BUT tbh its all to do with $$$.Its money that keeps clubs in the Premier League ( we are going out of it from lack of money ) its money that keeps clubs at the top of the Premier League and if we dont get enough of it from Lerner then we will stay in the Championship or become a yoyo club.

If and this is a big if, lerner sees these changes might help him sell the club he may put the money in

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

Hollis has some good ideas BUT tbh its all to do with $$$.Its money that keeps clubs in the Premier League ( we are going out of it from lack of money ).

I feel like this season has kind of tested that theory somewhat. Obviously it's how you spend the money that matters but clearly if you have a unified, motivated and organised squad - regardless of how much it cost to assemble - you can achieve anything.

• Like 1

Â