Steven Hollis

Villan4Life

6 hours ago, Kingman said:

Just get on with sacking Garde,

Although the demise and mind boggling decisions behind the scenes are not down to garde, however he has contributed to the demise of the football on display. Not saying we played like Brazil under sherwood either but i have seen nothing to suggest improvement or progression either, Infact i would say key factors like passion, determination, motivation, grit, fight. spirit and togetherness that arguably kept us in the division last season are little to non existent.

Its the managers job to get that out the players and its simply not happening so surly it can't continue. They are not playing for the gaffer, they are not playing for the fans and they are not playing for each other, in-fact I've seen more life in a tramps vest. 

Well said.... Totally agree

• Like 1

No point sacking Garde now, you'd have to bring someone else in to lose the last eight games of the season, that manager would then have to sacked so that you can get another one in once the season's over. You could maybe put a caretaker in until the end of the season, but what's the point?

• Like 1

Nice to see the PR plan is in full swing

Most of the sacrificial lambs have been slaughtered in an attempt to deflect the blame from Lerner with only Riley left.

Of course they needed to go but this is nothing more than a PR stunt from the club and it doesn't matter who you bring in at boardroom level we will never go anywhere but backwards while Lerner is still here

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

He must be good if he thinks we can keep the books balanced while being competitive in the Championship. Sounds to me like he is planning the next couple of seasons in the fizzy pop league, without any real challenge to come back up. Its obviously cheaper than getting back in the Premier league first season.

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

No point sacking Garde now, you'd have to bring someone else in to lose the last eight games of the season, that manager would then have to sacked so that you can get another one in once the season's over. You could maybe put a caretaker in until the end of the season, but what's the point?

Why would we sack a new manager for assessing the squad after the last 6 games?

1 minute ago, Kingman said:

Why would we sack a new manager for assessing the squad after the last 6 games?

No manager recovers from the sort of results we're looking at until the end of the season - these players aren't going to suddenly spark into life, the season's over and they know it. You can't have a fresh start in the summer as a manager if you're coming off a run of six or seven defeats in your eight games in charge. Someone has to lose for the rest of the season, someone then has to be blamed for that - that's Garde's job. I know it would be nice to think we can, but the rebuild doesn't start until this awful season final finishes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Agree absolutely no point. Any new manager whether full time or a caretaker will be tainted by a squad that has largely given up. If the decision to part company has been made, it is fair to assume they are already considering replacements and in my opinion there is no immediate rush.

That said, I am still not convinced that whoever they appoint will have much hope of turning around our fortunes if they are unable to strengthen the squad and have to watch on as the bits of quality we have are sold off. Much to early to be positive for me.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Disagree, The new gaffer needs to know who's got the minerals and who hasn't. 

Give him a helping head start, Might as well give him the last 5/6 games to assess the dead wood from the squad rather than waisting precious time faffing about in pre-season and wasting friendly matches. 

Before we know it we will have played 12/15 games and probably be in the same league position with still no ideas of what the staring 11 will be or what formation they will be playing in either.

Edited by Kingman

Well no that would be stupid. But he doesn't have to talk about him to us like we're stupid. 

I think you have some issues if you think he's talking to you like an idiot.

He's a C-level executive. They all talk with PR speak, it's just being professional. Would you prefer he talked like Delboy? The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

17 minutes ago, mwj said:

He's a C-level executive. They all talk with PR speak, it's just being professional. Would you prefer he talked like Delboy? The proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

He can be professional and not talk shit. He didn't have to say that Lerner is passionate about this club. He chose to say it straight after saying he wasn't his poodle. 

He can be professional and not talk shit. He didn't have to say that Lerner is passionate about this club. He chose to say it straight after saying he wasn't his poodle. 

Dude you are reading way too much into a few sound bites for the papers

32 minutes ago, mwj said:

Im not taking anything away from Mr Hollis but I wouldn't get to excited about the C.  

I am the The Founder and Director of my own company, the CEO, COO, CFO, Project manager, Contracts manager, QS, Site manager, Supervisor, Operative, Secretary and sweep up then make the tea. 

The C Means nothing, Labels are for cans!..

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

I wouldn't get to excited about the C.  

I am the The Founder and Director of my own company, the CEO, COO, CFO, Project manager, Contracts manager, Site manager, Operative, Secretary and sweep up then make the tea. 

The C Means nothing, Labels are for cans!..

I also work at a small company so we're on the same page. I was just making the point that C-levels at large companies talk PR speak, don't read too much into what they say publicly but rather what they do privately.

3 minutes ago, mwj said:

I also work at a small company so we're on the same page. I was just making the point that C-levels at large companies talk PR speak, don't read too much into what they say publicly but rather what they do privately.

If there is one thing i can pass on from rubbing shoulders is they all shit in the same pan and will tell you what you want to hear.

Red Tape and Bull Shit is the norm, To them Its not about breaking people, Its how they break them.

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Give him a helping head start, Might as well give him the last 5/6 games to assess the dead wood from the squad rather than waisting precious time faffing about in pre-season and wasting friendly matches. 

Before we know it we will have played 12/15 games and probably be in the same league position with still no ideas of what the staring 11 will be or what formation they will be playing in either.

The answer is very obviously 'none of them have got the minerals'. No point in a new manager for me either. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He doesn't have to say anything. He doesn't have to talk to us like we're idiots. That's what Tom Fox and Faulkner did. The fact he's doing the same ruins the idea for me that things will be different 

He was asked directly about Lerner. He can't say "no comment" and he equally can't start slagging him off. I'd worry more about the actions he is taking than what he is saying to the press. Fox did nothing practical to improve Villa and he came out with the same diatribe as those before him. Expect the same diatribe form Hollis about Lerner, but he has otherwise quite publicly chopped and changed and hired some impressive characters to the board.

• Like 1

On 19/3/2016 at 01:04, Kingman said:

If he has an interest in Football and owns a TV, he will have worked that out already.

• Like 1

Â