Ratings and Reactions: Wycombe v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

did anybody apart from Gil and Ayew actually bust a gut and try to get us back in front? No urgency no fight nothing from the rest of them. absoultely shocking that these "players" get paid thousands of pounds each week when they have less desire than your average sunday league player

9 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Our lack of quality was right there. Aside from Okore, Gil, Veretout and Ayew, there is no one worth keeping (Bunn can stay as reserve keeper).

just what do you do? Who can you bring on? MON and Macmanaman comment coming up, this should be fun....

Totally agree, the majority can jog on.. Maybe keep one or two for squad positions but our first team is woeful

Let Garde dissect the team now, he needs to accept relegation now 

Richards involved in discussion on the sidelines with a group of supporter after the game.

It looked like he was taking some stick and trying to explain it - I think it's a reasonably positive thing, he's not hiding and he's trying to take responsibility and he's facing up to people - the fans didn't look particularly abusive and it wasn't a baying mob. O'Neill said they were questioning the passion of the team which I think is fair.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Rubbish. The passing, the control, the movement - this might be the stupidest bunch of players I've ever seen.

Cheers OBE, I've been working and only just seen the result. Judging by the likes you've had this seems a fair reflection of the game.

If that's true about Richards after the game, then fair play to him. 

Edited by Shropshire Lad

I DARE someone to say it's just a case of our team clicking and having confidence!! How bloody obvious do you need it to be before you just accept there is absolutely no quality in this team? In fact Gana in particular showed how absolutely devoid of any talent he is today, there really is no hope for him. Bacuna, Clark, Westwood and Gestede aren't good enough. Why are ALL of them being outmuscled for every ball in every part of the pitch?! No fight at all.

Bunn - 6 - Did OK
Richards - 5 - Goodish first half, then the niggling injury and disappeared, too regularly outmuscled
Okore - 5 - Outmuscled constantly, won't attack aerial balls and lets them bounce inviting issues, but good positionally.
Clark - 4 - Woeful control, no composure, getting a touch on the ball is seen as a success for him even if he does put it straight back in danger zone.
Richardson - 4 - Normal really, awful touch and control, can't pass but works hard. Just severely deficient of talent. Any talent.
Gana - 3 - Awful to start with then got worse as the match carried on, his touch and control is one of the worst on the team. A few attacking runs in to nowhere.
Westwood - 5 - Sprayed the ball around (sideways) ok but again poor touch. Soft penalty but easily given.
Bacuna - 4 - Does this guy have a position? Does he care?! Lazy balls, simple passes missed, can beat a man then do nothing with it.
Gil - 7 - MOM but still pushed off the ball easily and doesn't seem in tune with any other player on the pitch
Sinclair - 5 - Lively but limited. Once again can only do it for one half before disappearing completely. Takes too long to shoot too.
Gestede - 3 - I'm told he's good in the air, where's the evidence for that?! Doesn't win headers, can't hold up ball, can't pass and doesn't attack crosses.
Veretout, Lyden, Ayew - limited chance to do anything.

Just finish the season, there is no hope when our best X1 (nearly) still can't nick a win against a League Two team. Not though effort or tactics but simply because there is no quality! Happily sell all off the starters today but doubt they're worth £11m together.

• Like 2