Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

12 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I can't see the attraction in Gunter, yes he had a decent euros but there is a reason he plays for Reading a low placed championship team

I'd been on about Gunter long before the European championship. And why would you be so derogatory towards Reading, who were not as lowly placed, as the team we've just given £12-14 million to for a striker.

This was the Championship team of the season for 15/16;

GK- Tom Heaton (Burnley) RB - Bruno Saltor (Brighton) CB - Michael Keane (Burnley) CB - Michael Dawson (Hull City) / Daniel Ayala (Middlesbrough) LB - George Friend (Middlesbrough) Mid - Alan Judge (Brentford) Mid - Joey Barton (Burnley) Mid - Barry Bannan (Sheff Wed) Mid - Adam Clayton (Middlesbrough) CF - Andre Gray (Burnley) CF - Ross McCormack (Fulham)

So if you take out the players who are now in the Premier League you're left with both the best players left in the Championship and an indication of what that standard is.

With that in mind should we be looking at Saltor for the RB position? or Alan Judge in the midfield position? Neither player I know anything about but both areas we need significant improvement in. We've managed to get the striker...

Edited by jackbauer24
spelling

Interesting timing to do an article on Ravel M

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/06/manchester-united-ravel-morrison-penny-drops

Manchester United Youth Cup winner from 2011 looked being a world-beater, just as his then team-mate Paul Pogba went on to become, but after a succession of disasters the Englishman is still struggling to make an impact at Lazio

39 minutes ago, 1958Villan said:

I'd been on about Gunter long before the European championship. And why would you be so derogatory towards Reading, who were not as lowly placed, as the team we've just given £12-14 million to for a striker.

It's a bit different getting a striker who scored 20+ goals in a team who were low placed, than a defender whose team conceded 59 goals. Gunter is a very average player and I'm sure there are better options available.

11 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

This was the Championship team of the season for 15/16;

GK- Tom Heaton (Burnley) RB - Bruno Saltor (Brighton) CB - Michael Keane (Burnley) CB - Michael Dawson (Hull City) / Daniel Ayala (Middlesbrough) LB - George Friend (Middlesbrough) Mid - Alan Judge (Brentford) Mid - Joey Barton (Burnley) Mid - Barry Bannan (Sheff Wed) Mid - Adam Clayton (Middlesbrough) CF - Andre Gray (Burnley) CF - Ross McCormack (Fulham)

So if you take out the players who are now in the Premier League you're left with both the best players left in the Championship and an indication of what that standard is.

With that in mind should we be looking at Saltor for the RB position? or Alan Judge in the midfield position? Neither player I know anything about but both areas we need significant improvement in. We've managed to get the striker...

Isn't Saltor old, 33 or so? Don't think he could be relied upon for a whole season providing width. Think he has got slower too. Just wish we hadn't sold Lowton really. 

Judge is good though imho. 

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Interesting timing to do an article on Ravel M

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/aug/06/manchester-united-ravel-morrison-penny-drops

Manchester United Youth Cup winner from 2011 looked being a world-beater, just as his then team-mate Paul Pogba went on to become, but after a succession of disasters the Englishman is still struggling to make an impact at Lazio

Interesting article in the BM about Grealish and growing up, how he feels he's learned from his mistakes (time will tell on that front). Feel similarly with Morrison - if you caught him at just the right time, that turning point when he realises it's very much time to grow up and make something of his career, it could be very special indeed. The problem being is that it's such a gamble, especially with someone as volatile as him.

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Nope, not heard anything. 

Would anyone have Ashley Young back? I would jump at the chance, but can't see it happening.

Wouldn't happen in a million years. He is £100k a week for a start.

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

It's just Richard on his usual wind up. Surely no one can be taking it seriously.

That was my initial thought. I was just seeing if any of the more reliable ITK guys had heard anything