Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

Interesting article in the BM about Grealish and growing up, how he feels he's learned from his mistakes (time will tell on that front). Feel similarly with Morrison - if you caught him at just the right time, that turning point when he realises it's very much time to grow up and make something of his career, it could be very special indeed. The problem being is that it's such a gamble, especially with someone as volatile as him.

a huge difference between Grealish mistakes and what Morrison did. If he wasnt a footballer he probably be in prison

3 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

Can you enlighten us on that bit?

From memory, I think he was in court for Witness Intimidation and think a few of his schoolboy friends did wind up in Prison. United was supposed to be his way out of it but he always struggled to shake his poor attitude

EDIT: Here we go, two of his mates robbed somebody at Knifepoint, at which point Ravel and two more friends threatened him in the street and over the phone into not giving evidence

The three later appeared in the victim's front garden in the early hours. They were chased away but then came back in a mob of 15 to 20 people. A brick was thrown through the window. The victim was so traumatised his family have put the house up for sale and want to leave Manchester.

The two that committed the crime went to Prison and Ravel was given a suspended sentence. Also a bit in that article about his behaviour, late to training and to matches, Solskjaer had to intervene in an incident, has an issue with authority, and only showed emotion at his court hearing when told he had to pay £500 compensation to the Victim.

Edited by HalfTimePost

4 minutes ago, jonno_2004 said:

Can you enlighten us on that bit?

for a start and this doesnt seem isolated incident with him, he has also done witness intimidation and have heard he hangs out in Manchester with what you would call "characters"

Ravel Morrison arrested: West Ham footballer ‘threatened to throw acid in ex-girlfriend’s face’

Morrison was initially arrested and charged with two counts of common assault after allegedly punching and slapping his ex-girlfriend Reah Mansoor and her mother

Premier League footballer Ravel Morrison threatened to throw acid in his ex-girlfriend’s face and have her killed, a court heard on Thursday.

Former Manchester United midfielder Morrison, 21, was also accused of threatening to blow up Reah Mansoor’s house in a campaign of harassment against his ex-girlfriend lasting four years, Manchester Magistrates’ Court was told.

The West Ham player was initially arrested and charged with two counts of common assault after allegedly punching and slapping Ms Mansoor, 19, and her mother Parveen Mansoor, 39, in the early hours of 27 July in Salford.

Morrison spoke only to confirm his name, age and address at yesterday’s brief hearing, as the new allegation of causing his ex-girlfriend to fear that violence would be used against her was added to the charges.

The court heard the harassment allegedly spanned the period from 1 January 1 2010 to 20 July this year.

David Fish QC, defending, indicated that Morrison intended to deny the charges.  The footballer was bailed to appear at Manchester Crown Court for a preliminary hearing on 28 August.

His bail conditions stipulate that he lives in Canary Wharf, London, does not contact directly or indirectly the two women complainants, does not go on to the street where they live and does not enter the Greater Manchester area.

The only exceptions to the ban on visiting Manchester are for court appearances, to see his lawyers or to play in a West Ham game in the area – provided he returns to London immediately after the match.

Although touted as a bright prospect at Old Trafford, Morrison appeared only in the League Cup before former Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson sold him to West Ham for £650,000 in January 2012.

ghttp://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/ravel-morrison-arrested-west-ham-footballer-threatened-to-throw-acid-in-ex-girlfriend-s-face-9653975.html

Edited by Zatman

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

From memory, I think he was in court for Witness Intimidation and think a few of his schoolboy friends did wind up in Prison. United was supposed to be his way out of it but he always struggled to shake his poor attitude

Interesting comment from that article:

The problem with Ravel has and it seems always be is attitude and application.

This stems from his background. He was born and bred on the same council estate in Wythenshawe that i live in now. Ravel's family are known rogues and he was brought up around a rogues gallery of friends and relatives. His mates back then have gone on to be criminals. He is supremely gifted as a footballer but he just cannot get it together mentally.

It was a hard upbringing for him- stories of fights, being caught in friends cars with drugs in, persecuting his ex girlfriend, court dates missed etc.

I knew that if Fergie couldnt get the best out of him then no one would and thus ut has come to pass. He was given so many chances at United, then at West Ham and he just simply cannot keep it together to realise the chances he was given. He has spurned them all.

Regarding the earlier point vs Grealish, I would like to think whatever a persons transgressions may have been in the past, if they make a conscious decision to approach life and career differently they should be offered the same opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, meme said:

Maybe, but would probably be quite expensive in terms of wages...

Yeah, true, he is 31 though...

re meltdown, I think it was just an egg joke about Easter eggs melting, rather than an ITK claim. Could be wrong though.

• Like 1

If we chastised everybody for their past personal problems, no one would have jobs, friends, family or a life. As I've said int he past, I'd love to know some of you perfect people, everybody has has meltdowns, only difference is these peoples issues are all publicised by the press for the world to know!

• Like 4

Morrison is a lot older now.  He has been away from that environment for a long time.  It is possible, in fact likely that he can see which side his bread is buttered.

If we can tolerate players and their reprehensible behaviour on remembrance Sunday, like that thing at Albion, surely we can tolerate someone who has been punished in the courts and paid his price for his wrongdoings?

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we chastised everybody for their past personal problems, no one would have jobs, friends, family or a life. As I've said int he past, I'd love to know some of you perfect people, everybody has has meltdowns, only difference is these peoples issues are all publicised by the press for the world to know!

Happy to say I have not done any of those things that he has done. I can also confirm that I am not perfect.

Not having done those things does not make you perfect, just normal.

3 minutes ago, Raymond said:

I would like to say, for the record, I have never threatened a witness to cover for a friend who robbed someone at knifepoint. 

You realise everyone comes from different backgrounds, circumstances, environments etc right?

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You realise everyone comes from different backgrounds, circumstances, environments etc right?

And very often, those from the so called better backgrounds are far more corrupt and evil that the Ravel Morrisons of this world.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Whilst that may be the case, we need to look at this from our perspective only and this guy has more baggage than Donald Trump's wife on holiday.

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

a huge difference between Grealish mistakes and what Morrison did. If he wasnt a footballer he probably be in prison

He might well be in prison because of his background. He grew up in poverty into a criminal family with criminal friends. He has now escaped that life, the decision to move to Italy would have been his own which tells me he wanted to escape. It's a good indicator to me that he's giving an alternative life a go. 

I've never heard of him being a disruptive influence in the dressing room, only in his personal life or in not bothering to turn up to training. 

I think Lazio will keep him myself unless he's desperate to get home. I think he's good enough for them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Whilst that may be the case, we need to look at this from our perspective only and this guy has more baggage than Donald Trump's wife on holiday.

If he's as compulsive and consistent a liar as Hilary Clinton we should be able to see through him.

Or perhaps not. Poor example!

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

If he's as compulsive and consistent a liar as Hilary Clinton we should be able to see through him.

Or perhaps not. Poor example!

Or he could be like a Donald Trump.

A perfect example of a decent man.

• Like 1