Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Tony's Tweet re: making mistakes when young (linked here @ Tony Tweets)

"Lets all forget the past, everyone makes mistakes when young. I'd ask all fans give applause for all to a new start! "

Ravel Morrison perhaps?

:ph34r:

Edit: seemingly linked to Leo Bacuna so ignore

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 1

Just now, Tubby said:

"Lets all forget the past, everyone makes mistakes when young. I'd ask all fans give applause for all to a new start! "

Ravel Morrison perhaps?

Not thought of it in that way before. Certainly better to think of it this way than Dr T. referring to giving Bacuna a 2nd chance just because a CL club hasn't got the money to afford him.

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

Ravel Morrison perhaps?

I think he was replying to someone regarding Bacuna

3 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Ravel Morrison perhaps?

I thought he meant Gabby, but I like your theory better.

With Lescott told to find a club and Leeds apparently interested, I think we need another experienced CB, not a young inexperienced player, no matter how much potential they may have. That is why I'd prefer we went for a good solid dependable CB. Someone along the lines of WBA's James Chester or, Stoke's Marc Wilson.

With Sanchez wanted in Italy and Westwood quite frankly, not able to do the job. Sunderland's Liam Bridcutt is the optimum choice. He has experience in this league and good all around stats for a DM, including his passing stats. Unlike Westwood his passes are forward and he can tackle and intercept. He isn't as good as Westwood at pointing.

At CM, we could do worse than Jeff Hendricks of Derby or, if we want to take a chance, Danny Bakker of ADO Den Haag.

With reports, that West Ham are showing an interest in Ayew,  we should perhaps be showing an interest in another forward who could play with McCormack. Derby's Chris Martin or, Brentford's Scott Hogan come to mind.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Nakhi Wells is the one player I wanted us to sign. He has pace which we lack and he has a killer instinct which you always need.

He's player Newcastle thought theyd be getting in Dwight Gayle :D

• Like 1

Just now, Upper north stander said:

did he play for Bradford and tear us apart down the wings in the league cup semi?

Indeed he did. 

Ripped Northampton Town a new ****hole in their playoff final to come up too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChristchurchVillan said:

We could have Lukaku and Benteke up front but with zero midfield creativity we are not going to score a ton of goals, we need some bodies to pull the strings

Which is A LOT better than having some string to pull the bodies. 

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I've not seen a great deal of him but I thought he was excellent for Bradford in the two games against us, I thought he would go on to better things... looks like he might.

Ah, yeah, I remember now. He was good in the semi-final legs, I'd forgotten he played against us. I can't remember the last time we had a solid strike partnership, it's been a while!

Highlights_Reading_2_2_Huddersfield_Town

I like his reactions here, it's a good ball to him from this keeper (Who looks a goodun, I wonder who he plays for now?) but he miscontrols it however is very quick and alert to react to get it back from the defender's poor pass and set up a counter-attacking goal.

lolololol the keeper with the big kick is our very own Jed Steer.