1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Who would you put it on?

I'd nominate Ross McCormack. 

Baker - He'd be like a less talented, crazier version of Carles Puyol 

Edited by sparrow1988
incorrect spelling

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Who would you put it on?

I nominate Elphick so that I can tell Elphick and Gollini apart.  Although that should be easier during games :P 

29 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Who would you put it on?

I'd nominate Ross McCormack. 

I nominate Elphick. It will give him a couple of inches. In height, I mean.

While I'd see Morrison as a huge punt and will be pinning few hopes on it working out I actually really hope it happens now.

As Villa fans we've been so starved of creativity for so long the thought of us actually creating chances through passing and skill is one I can't give up.

Morrison, Grealish, Ayew, McCormack and Traore gives us some guile, skill, power, pace and most importantly options in an attacking sense which we haven't had for far far to long.  

Regarding Morrison I always think in these situations what makes people think hes suddenly going to turn it on here, as opposed to the other clubs he has been at?

There is a reason hes moved about so often!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KSV said:

Rumours he's in Birmingham.. is probably bullshit. I think that incognito wanna be fella started it.

I was told they'd seen a bag of Revels in Morrisons, funny how word spreads isn't it?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

People probably said similar when Cantona rocked up at Leeds via Sheff Wed and we know how that worked out.

Obviously I'm not comparing Morrison to Cantona as a player or character but the situation isn't all that different. 

I fully appreciate that in the vast majority of cases you are absolutely right, I'm just trying to point out that sometimes a player can click at a particular club or can mature etc. No guarantee it will happen with us and Morrison should he arrive but I think its why people retain a level of hope that it could. That and the fact that our side has been almost entirely devoid of flair or creativity for what seems like a decade.

I'm not against taking the gamble in the slightest, but if we're putting all our creative eggs in the basket marked "Ravel Morrision" then we need to be prepared for some broken eggs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

But look at the sunny side, doesn't seem to be a scramble for other teams to sign him so we may actually get him if we poach now.

Exactly what is it you're suggesting? After all the speculation the last few days my brain is fried. 

• Like 1