Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, AndyBM said:

i really hope we get a proper right back in, whether it be de laet, trippier or yedlin, we just cant rely on hutton, bacuna or richards.

That's  a good reason for taking the easy way out

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Now look what you've made me do. It's late at night and I have nothing better on.

An abbreviation (from Latin brevis, meaning short) is a shortened form of a word or phrase. It consists of a group of letters taken from the word or phrase. For example, the word abbreviation can itself be represented by the abbreviation abbr., abbrv. or abbrev.

In strict analysis, abbreviations should not be confused with contractions, acronyms, or initialisms, with which they share some semantic and phonetic functions, though all four are connoted by the term "abbreviation" in loose parlance.[1]:p167An abbreviation is a shortening by any method; a contraction is a reduction of size by the drawing together of the parts. A contraction of a word is made by omitting certain letters or syllables and bringing together the first and last letters or elements; an abbreviation may be made by omitting certain portions from the interior or by cutting off a part. A contraction is an abbreviation, but an abbreviation is not necessarily a contraction. Acronyms and initialisms are regarded as subsets of abbreviations (e.g. by the Council of Science Editors). They are abbreviations that consist of the initial letters or parts of words.

This has gone way too far... But your quote even says 'In strict analysis, abbreviations should not be confused with contractionsacronyms, or initialisms, with which they share some semantic and phonetic functions, though all four are connoted by the term "abbreviation" in loose parlance.'  And then 'A contraction is an abbreviation' 

I think we agree... A contraction is an abbreviation. If not, let's just disagree and not give a crap about what each other thinks! Lol.

Well this has killed a few hours :) 

• Like 1

Judging by his retort asking if Dost is "a national team player", I think the "world-class" description is probably interchangeable with being a full international for his country.

Hernandez was debunked by the Doc earlier in the month, but maybe things have moved on since then.

• Like 2