Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

By saying we're not the Chinese Villa, does Xia mean that Drogba is unrealistic, as we don't have the kind of money that's being spent in the Chinese Super League. If so would probably rule out most of names being mentioned. But then again that's maybe not what he means.

1 minute ago, useless said:

By saying we're not the Chinese Villa, does Xia mean that Drogba is unrealistic, as we don't have the kind of money that's being spent in the Chinese Super League. If so would probably rule out most of names being mentioned. But then again that's maybe not what he means.

I think he means that the Chinese league will be similar to the MLS and take top European players at the end of their careers.

• Like 3

Just read the last 30 pages... so we're none the wiser?

Still think Hernandez is the most likely unless its a player out of left field and takes us all by surprise. 

As for Jackson Martinez? Overrated. Already chasing the money in China on what is it, £250k per week? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Bas Dost would be a major coup for us.  But I suspect there are bigger clubs than ours after him unfortunately. 

It's not hard to see why.

He's good under pressure. Sneaks past opponents undetected. Always handy to have as a sub and he's big, hard and full of sea men.

*joke was made literally as I was writing this. Fml*

Edited by Duck

I notice the lifebuoys on the boats are all certain shade of yellow. As far as I'm aware they're normally orange. But not sure where or for what particular reason why they'd be yellow in Xia's photo. I

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I notice the lifebuoys on the boats are all certain shade of yellow. As far as I'm aware they're normally orange. But not sure where or for what particular reason why they'd be yellow in Xia's photo. I

Jesus did you have to spot that. I won't be able to sleep now!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Hmmm very interesting Sir Useless. That's the type of detective work that gets people to high places. Secret agent level places.