Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

4 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

its ambitious but lets look whos in for him, palace..klop has made it clear hes not part of their plans,he could bag over 25 goals & his stock will rise again,

palace are 100 times more glamourous than signing for Villa these days

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well, the longer we leave making signings the more we will be getting pushed into a corner and having to pay fees like this for players who have no top level experience.

Also doesn't help having your new owner letting the world know you're prepared to spend significantly. You'd be mad not to push a little on the price if you knew you were dealing with someone keen to spend and with a huge wedge in his wallet.

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

£13m is a bit excessive for Kodjia

We need someone to score goals.  Im certain if we get someone to bang in the goals it will change this whole team for the better. 

If he is good enough to score these goals 13 million is cheap.

• Like 1

Are there any up-and-coming lower league strikers who keep banging them in? I'm thinking along the lines of Charlie Austin when he was at Swindon etc... We are useless with Gestede playing on his own up front and Ayew isn't even being used as a striker, which is completely baffling to me because at the moment he's our only striker!!

After today's tepid display,  we need to bite the bullet and spend the money. No point leaving it until deadline day or January. Be too late then. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

we need at least kodija, Bamford and Morrison to change our insipid attack farce.

I'm not sure a mentally unbalanced Morrison is the answer. However of course there is a need for more quality in that position.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I think we need an injection with a new signing, if not from a playing point of view, but from a fan point of view. A good spend on a striker this week and the whole outlook of the majority of the fanbase changes. It seems a lot of people are getting a little antsy. IMO we will have a fine season and be there or thereabouts. 

• Like 2

I think we will get another striker in but my hope is we get two quality strikers in. One to replace Kozak as I'm not sure Di Matteo is a fan. I'm sure a club out there would take a gamble on Kozak, might mean taking a hit on the fee mind.

Not sure on Kodjia but probably worth the gamble, scoring almost 20 goals in a team that finished 18th is impressive.

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I think we will get another striker in but my hope is we get two quality strikers in. One to replace Kozak as I'm not sure Di Matteo is a fan. I'm sure a club out there would take a gamble on Kozak, might mean taking a hit on the fee mind.

Not sure on Kodjia but probably worth the gamble, scoring almost 20 goals in a team that finished 18th is impressive.

Kozak's barely played pre season, I think it's fair to say he'll be farmed out on loan or sold if there's serious interest.