The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Just now, trekka said:

Overreacting much?

Not really.. We just got bum raped at home by a very very average liverpool. The last home performance at home signalled what could happen today, as we were equally as shite, although by some miracle we came out 2-0 winners, probably said more about norwich. The players do not want to play for him, let alone run through brick walls. Its unfortunate but it clear to see that he cannot motivate these 'professional' footballers. They need a rocket up there arses, old school.. Back to basics.. Nigel pearson. 

Just now, penguin said:

Because we're in the Remi Garde thread ;)

Whilst the manager isn't a biggest problem, by a long shot, he shouldn't be absolved of any blame at all. 

What does he do, though?

I'd have probably picked that team.  We've been on a decent run of performances (without looking like scoring many) and your players turn out... that showing?  If he did something odd or experimental that hugely backfired, I'd be all in favour of blaming him for that.  I'm not even sure I can blame Garde for anything that happened today.  He might as well pick the U21 team.

• Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

They didn't even look that bad to begin with. Little attacking threat as usual obviously but it was once we went 1-0 down that heads dropped. They're just really really really mentally weak - it's as simple as that.

I don't agree, I thought we looked nervous from the off. 

Yes, they're mentally weak, but they really shouldn't have been. 

To be honest, I don't want him to go, because I doubt he'll resign and paying yet another manager off in a sacking is just yet more money wasted. People who are mentioning David Moyes are in dreamland, no way would he come here. We'd be lucky to get Nigel Pearson, Ian Holloway is probably more realistic. 

But I'm not just going to let Garde off for today's performance. My faith and trust in him has been knocked back to where it was at the start of January. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I don't agree, I thought we looked nervous from the off. 

Yes, they're mentally weak, but they really shouldn't have been. 

To be honest, I don't want him to go, because I doubt he'll resign and paying yet another manager off in a sacking is just yet more money wasted. People who are mentioning David Moyes are in dreamland, no way would he come here. We'd be lucky to get Nigel Pearson, Ian Holloway is probably more realistic. 

But I'm not just going to let Garde off for today's performance. My faith and trust in him has been knocked back to where it was at the start of January. 

They're weak people though. Maybe some of them weren't mentally weak to begin with but after this abortion of a season it's really not surprising at all that they start nervously and I don't think anything can change that. Not that it's excusable by the way - they need to sort themselves out but they're clearly not up to it.

we could do a lot worse than bring in Mick McCarthy, he knows the Championship and would get us organised and hard to beat which is what we need in that division. He also wont take any nonsense from prima donnas

Just now, Zatman said:

we could do a lot worse than bring in Mick McCarthy, he knows the Championship and would get us organised and hard to beat which is what we need in that division. He also wont take any nonsense from prima donnas

I'm not sure we could, actually.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

They're weak people though. Maybe some of them weren't mentally weak to begin with but after this abortion of a season it's really not surprising at all that they start nervously and I don't think anything can change that. Not that it's excusable by the way - they need to sort themselves out but they're clearly not up to it.

I dont really buy this mentally weak argument, Lescott, Richards, CIssokho have all played in successful teams that wouldnt sign mentally weak players

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Life-time ban for this poster!

But seriously I would want someone Villa orientated in , who has Villa in their blood. A lot of clubs have gone in this direction.

Just now, Zatman said:

I dont really buy this mentally weak argument, Lescott, Richards, CIssokho have all played in successful teams that wouldnt sign mentally weak players

That's why I said "maybe some of them weren't mentally weak to begin with".

Just now, supernova26 said:

Life-time ban for this poster!

But seriously I would want someone Villa orientated in , who has Villa in their blood. A lot of clubs have gone in this direction.

Kent Nielsen maybe? with Laursen or Mellberg as his assistant!! Nielsen hasn't done a bad job at manager to be fair!!

One of worst performances I've ever seen. At 2-0 at half time you'd think they'd come out firing, but they all basically crawled into the pitch basically scared of going back out.

Long hard season in championship ahead. No way are these lot (players and manager) bringing us back up.

There's really no positive thing to look forward to at the moment except the chance of a complete clear out once the season ends. If I was Remi I would literally have my resignation ready by the morning. Everything about this match was a slap in the face to anyone that has stuck it out to this point and going forward.

• Like 1

Garde's the best thing about the club at the moment. He's the best manager we've had since Houllier.

I agree but it's not really difficult to be better than McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood. Three of the shittest managers in Villa's long history.

Â