The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

10 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Main forum at its finest, this thread. 

Games like these happen to poor teams.  We're not immune to them just because we're a big club. Who cares if it's our worst home defeat since pre-roman times? It makes zero difference. 

Last week it was all Remi Garde's Claret and Blue Army, petitions and whatnot. Does the collective mood of VT change this radically with one result or is it that people only post when results match their own predispositions? 

F*ck it. I still have a Garde on for Remi. Now, back to OT for some awesome giraffe GIFs and hint of general sanity.

That's a tad unfair on the valid opinions  people have been putting forward  and those that didn't think we were going to win the title after stumbling to a victory over Norwich

i had doubts at his appointment but have given him the benefit of the doubt , he's inherited a mess after all ... I've also suggests we get someone and stick by them regardless of the relegation and let them rebuild the club.

but I like some others are questioning IF he can rebuild this club , i'd have expected much more from him by now than what he has actually delivered ... The French players don't seem to be pulling up trees for him and the old guard aren't doing anything for him at all , you can't really say any one player has progressed under Remi even Ayew already started to show what he had with his cameo v Blues 

if he's allowed to bin 15 players in the summer and make his mark on the club bringing some quality in then maybe he wil prove us wrong but as it stands he has taken us backwards from Lambert , McLeish and even Tim and thus rightly deserves all the critisism aimed his way ... Win the next 5 and maybe I'll be one of the fickle brigade changing my mind , but somehow I think I'm safe 

• Like 2

That's a tad unfair on the valid opinions  people have been putting forward  and those that didn't think we were going to win the title after stumbling to a victory over Norwich

i had doubts at his appointment but have given him the benefit of the doubt , he's inherited a mess after all ... I've also suggests we get someone and stick by them regardless of the relegation and let them rebuild the club.

but I like some others are questioning IF he can rebuild this club , i'd have expected much more from him by now than what he has actually delivered ... The French players don't seem to be pulling up trees for him and the old guard aren't doing anything for him at all , you can't really say any one player has progressed under Remi even Ayew already started to show what he had with his cameo v Blues 

if he's allowed to bin 15 players in the summer and make his mark on the club bringing some quality in then maybe he wil prove us wrong but as it stands he has taken us backwards from Lambert , McLeish and even Tim and thus rightly deserves all the critisism aimed his way ... Win the next 5 and maybe I'll be one of the fickle brigade changing my mind , but somehow I think I'm safe 

Backwards from Tim **** Sherwood? Wash your bloody mouth out young man.

29 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Main forum at its finest, this thread. 

Games like these happen to poor teams.  We're not immune to them just because we're a big club. Who cares if it's our worst home defeat since pre-roman times? It makes zero difference. 

Last week it was all Remi Garde's Claret and Blue Army, petitions and whatnot. Does the collective mood of VT change this radically with one result or is it that people only post when results match their own predispositions? 

F*ck it. I still have a Garde on for Remi. Now, back to OT for some awesome giraffe GIFs and hint of general sanity.

I care. The fact we've been so shit at home for so long has taken away the enjoyment of going to villa park for me. So yes I do care that I had to watch an average team score 6 easy goals against us. 

I'd stick to OT if you can't handle people expressing their opinions after a game. 

Lost the players - if he ever had them. I think he was okay to alienate those players who weren't pulling their weight when he arrived. Problem is, the squad is not big enough to do that with all of them. He comes across as very honest, he knows the players have not been good enough, but he's also now made a rod for his own back.

I would have liked to see him taking a few more under his wing and castigated only a very small number of scapegoats. I think he's too nice for his own good. 

I feel for him, though, because of the BS that he has dealt with thus far from the board. Perhaps a decent couple of signings in January would have lifted the place? Just a couple. Moreover, the squad is embarrassingly light. Signings would have at least provided some extra energy and members of 'team Remi'.

If I was Remi, I'd walk. We can be thankful that he has more class than me,mthough, and will stay on because he said he would. Let's face it: his reign has been a disaster. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache

42 minutes ago, PaulC said:

If he walks now it would be a huge black mark against his reputation as a manager having left a club before.

So opting not to extend his contract at Lyon equates to walking? Technically, you're correct, of course - he did leave, but only after seeing out his contract. There are valid reasons to criticize Garde. This is not one IMO. 

Edited by TB
grammar

I'd disagree with much of that, Tony, but that wasn't really my point. Be critical of Remi, by all means. You're wrong of course, but hey, you're used to that anyway ;) 

My observation was rather that last week, rightly or wrongly, Remi seemed to be the poster boy for our collective resistance to the people who are really responsible for our predicament, and that one albeit appalling result really shouldn't influence people's views too much in the grand scheme of things.

He looks concentrated at matches, but telling the media that he is considering his options if/when Villa gets relegated is defeatist and puts doubts in the head of the players of him being a fighter, which leads to them not performing 100% for him.

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I care. The fact we've been so shit at home for so long has taken away the enjoyment of going to villa park for me. So yes I do care that I had to watch an average team score 6 easy goals against us. 

I'd stick to OT if you can't handle people expressing their opinions after a game. 

Can't speak for anyone else but the fact that it hasn't happened for so long means **** all really - what counts is that we lost 6-0. I don't give a shit when the last time we lost 6-0 was as it's never even close to acceptable. That might've been what he was getting at.

Edited by Mantis

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Can't speak for anyone else but the fact that it hasn't happened for so long means **** all really - what counts is that we lost 6-0. I don't give a shit when the last time we lost 6-0 was as it's never even close to acceptable. That might've been what he was getting at.

But that does matter. As a season ticket holder for around 12 years its something I've never experienced. So not only does losing 6-0 matter to me, the fact it hasn't happened for such a long time does also matter for me. If it doesn't for you and others then great, but surely you can appreciate why others may feel different. 

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But that does matter. As a season ticket holder for around 12 years its something I've never experienced. So not only does losing 6-0 matter to me, the fact it hasn't happened for such a long time does also matter for me. If it doesn't for you and others then great, but surely you can appreciate why others may feel different. 

I can see why it matters but I find it odd how it seems to matter to some people almost as much as the result itself. If we lose 6-0 at home to a team of Liverpool's quality (e.g. good but nothing special) in say 10 years time that result won't be any less humiliating than this one.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well, I certainly care about our situation. It genuinely breaks my heart. I'm so angry at the club it makes my life a little bit less pleasent every day. Losing 'only' 0-1, say, instead of 0-6 wouldn't have made me feel any better about it and it certainly has no effect on my view of the manager. Sh*t happens to clubs like us. Today it did. I'll get over that. Seeing my club slowly ruined by an owner who has stopped caring, I won't get over any time soon.

Believe me, I don't often visit the main forum any more, but I am still entitled to my own opinions, no? Especially when you guys are all, like, totally wrong :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I can see why it matters but I find it odd how it seems to matter to some people almost as much as the result itself. If we lose 6-0 at home to a team of Liverpool's quality (e.g. good but nothing special) in say 10 years time that result won't be any less humiliating than this one.

I wouldn't say it matters as much. It's just another thing to show how **** terrible the result today was. 

Almost every time i watch the American tv pundits talk about Garde, they all say that they were surprised and confused as to why we sacked Sherwood and brought in Remi. It just like they didn't watch or know how our team was absolute garbage under Tactics Tim. At least with Garde, we've had a couple wins in the league, albit to errors from the other team.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I wouldn't say it matters as much. It's just another thing to show how **** terrible the result today was. 

Makes no difference to me. I don't care how recently or long ago it happened - losing 6-0 at home to anyone is shameful.

When was the last time he set us up in a positive way, its always 4-3-3 or 4-4-1-1. It's considerably more difficult just now but when we had Gestede fit and playing we never used him properly, Ayew always plays far too deep and when was the last time we had a midfielder make a run into the box.......

It's always very conservative at best and we will still be playing that way against Newcastle and Arsenal.

Mantis it matters!

to go to a game and watch that shit that was served up today!

it matters

to loose with no fight no battling no heart 

It f@@@@king matters

To watch the team I've followed all my life and watch them give up with no bollox or effort 

F&&&&&king Matters!

3 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Well, I certainly care about our situation. It genuinely breaks my heart. I'm so angry at the club it makes my life a little bit less pleasent every day. Losing 'only' 0-1, say, instead of 0-6 wouldn't have made me feel any better about it and it certainly has no effect on my view of the manager. Sh*t happens to clubs like us. Today it did. I'll get over that. Seeing my club slowly ruined by an owner who has stopped caring, I won't get over any time soon.

Believe me, I don't often visit the main forum any more, but I am still entitled to my own opinions, no? Especially when you guys are all, like, totally wrong :)

I agree with a lot of that. 

I can't be wrong yet as I haven't made my mind up about Garde. I've said since he first joined he should be judged in the summer. 

• Like 1

Â