The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

The problem is this is probably the team I would have picked.  It is utterly embarrassing.  How can they not pass a ball to each other?  How can defenders duck crosses and goalkeepers try to claim a ball a yard to the right of where it actually is?  Bugger me.

• Like 1

Meh, not overly bothered if he's not here next season.

I like him, a lot, but whilst I recognise he has made some improvements, they really are, at best, modest. They certainly haven't been radical, and certainly haven't been enough. We needed an instant response when he joined and we didn't get it. It's taken a while for us to look more solid and harder to beat (excluding today obviously), but it's still not enough. 

I maintained at the time that he wasn't the right choice and still stand by that. His football is highly conservative and tepid going forward. There's a distinct lack of ambition among these players when the ball is at their feet, no movement and no runners, plus very few get into the box when we have the ball wide, these are things that simply cannot just be blamed on the players, they are tactical decisions and they are the wrong decisions. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Remi has to go 

yes we know the players are crap but he's the one picking Richards at RB , he's the one picking Bacuna , he's the one that can't get any fight out the players

he may walk in the summer anyway so get rid now and let's start the Moyes project and at least go down fighting 

• Like 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Remi has to go 

yes we know the players are crap but he's the one picking Richards at RB , he's the one picking Bacuna , he's the one that can't get any fight out the players

he may walk in the summer anyway so get rid now and let's start the Moyes project and at least go down fighting 

Moyes is the right choice, he should have been the one we tried to bring in after we sacked Sherwood. 

Remi has to go 

I agree Richards attitude is woeful but who do you want to play at RB? Hutton? Richardson? Who exactly?

Under usual circumstances, the 'results' Garde has 'delivered' for us, coupled with this pathetic display today, would have me calling for his head, but I just really, really can't be arsed.

I think a mutual termination at the end of the season might be best for both parties. 

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Remi has to go 

If you aren't picking Richards at right back, and you're not picking Bacuna, who do you pick to play there?  Also the defence has been solid since Cissokho came back from loan, **** knows what's happened today.  Probably just an accident waiting to happen, it's amazing that we've been as solid as we have been recently, which I think you have to give Garde and the coaches credit for.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Don't agree with bringing lyden on at 5-0, by all means play the kids but the atmosphere is gonna be toxic.

No, it's actually good experience, these are professional footballers, not delicate little snowflakes, first team experience at this level is important for young players. Of all the things to have a go about (in terms of Garde's 'performance') this isn't one of them. 

• Like 1

Â