The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Today was one of the worst performances I've ever seen but we all know the problems go far deeper than the manager.

What a bizarre thing to say.

Why is it bizarre? He's hardly pulled up trees with his managerial ability. I don't think he'd be a great loss at all.

Just now, penguin said:

Why is it bizarre? He's hardly pulled up trees with his managerial ability. I don't think he'd be a great loss at all.

Because he looks like he could be a good manager for us if he actually got some backing for the board and time to get things right.

That and his replacement would no doubt be someone absolutely dire.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Because he looks like he could be a good manager for us if he actually got some backing for the board and time to get things right.

That and his replacement would no doubt be someone absolutely dire.

but basic management is organisation and motivation and he has done neither since he got here. dont need to have millions in transfer market to get that sorted

Don't care if he goes in the summer. He might be the best manager we've had in recent times but it's not worked for him here he's not been backed. He'd get no blame for walking. A clean slate would be best for everyone concerned. 

He isn't the reason for the state this club is in, but equally he can't escape without scrutiny for our worst home defeat since 1935. 

Why were the players so visibly demotivated from the first minute? 

Our last three home games in all competitions have seen a combined score of 2-10. And we're worse away from home. 

If he's going to stay, today was a useful reminder of how very very very far we have to go yet. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, handsworthlion said:

Its clear to see this guy has zero motivational abilities, and zero tactical knowledge.. Nice guy, but that is not going to cut it. I hope he resigns. Tonight. 

Overreacting much?

Just now, Zatman said:

but basic management is organisation and motivation and he has done neither since he got here. dont need to have millions in transfer market to get that sorted

Before today the last month or so had actually seen quite a big improvement. The main problem with motivation is that these players are so **** weak mentally and nobody's going to be able to change that, at least not this season anyway.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

How do you manage and organise this lot? They don't give two **** about this club, their performances or what Remi or us think. As long as the lambo's and Porsche's are well polished and arranged nicely in the garage .....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

He isn't the reason for the state this club is in, but equally he can't escape without scrutiny for our worst home defeat since 1935. 

Why were the players so visibly demotivated from the first minute? 

Our last three home games in all competitions have seen a combined score of 2-10. And we're worse away from home. 

If he's going to stay, today was a useful reminder of how very very very far we have to go yet. 

They didn't even look that bad to begin with. Little attacking threat as usual obviously but it was once we went 1-0 down that heads dropped. They're just really really really mentally weak - it's as simple as that.

• Like 1

all round rubbishness from everyone involved, but I've been broadly supportive of him so far, and one game won't change that, horrendous though it may be. If we chuck in many more of those performances from here until May then maybe it's time for total refreshment, but I still believe he can be a good manager for us capable of getting us back up next season - the biggest issue is that some of those players are truly, shite.

Just now, Spoony said:

Why are we even talking about Garde. This isn't a managerial problem and hasn't been for years.

Because we're in the Remi Garde thread ;)

Whilst the manager isn't a biggest problem, by a long shot, he shouldn't be absolved of any blame at all. 

Just now, penguin said:

Because we're in the Remi Garde thread ;)

Whilst the manager isn't a biggest problem, by a long shot, he shouldn't be absolved of any blame at all

Of course not but I wouldn't even say he's one of our problems to begin with. The primary problem is the owner which I thought everyone knew already. Then it's a squad which simply isn't good enough and is absolutely gone in the head.

Â