The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Garde's right about next season being a new project, if we are relegated. When it comes to that, it is just possible that he may not be the correct manager to be Villa's caretaker in the championship while we sit waiting for a new owner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Garde isn't a tactician he doesn't look at the teams we are playing, he messed up today.  

Carefully old pal most people on here can't see past JUST blaming the board The manager has to take some responsibility . 

Wait for it I will be hammered by the Remi Garde love in!,

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Life-time ban for this poster!

But seriously I would want someone Villa orientated in , who has Villa in their blood. A lot of clubs have gone in this direction.

Pellegrini - no connection. Pep Guardiola - no connection, Ranieri - no connection, Wenger - no connection, Pochettino - no connection, Flores - no connection, Pulis - no connection, Pardew - no connection, Klopp - no connection, Allardyce - no connection, Koemann - no connection, Hughes - no connection. LVG - no connection, Mourinho - no connection ................

Only Bilic really has any very strong links prior to management. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Carefully old pal most people on here can't see past JUST blaming the board The manager has to take some responsibility . 

I bet you'd love that wouldn't you. You dirty minx.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Don't be so bloody sensationalist, of course Remi shares some of the blame today, but focusing on just today isn't what needs to be done as it blinds from the real problems sweep at the core of the club. It. Doesn't. Matter. Who. Our. Manager. Is. 

42 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Today was one of the worst performances I've ever seen but we all know the problems go far deeper than the manager.

What a bizarre thing to say.

Not at all. He will be replaced and that it's unlikely that his replacement will be significantly worse. Garde hasn't done anywhere near enough to suggest he will succeed here. 

5 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

From the first kick we were negative.That fecken awful pass sideways an back attitude.

And our continual lack of movement is nothing short of criminal.

we had a corner or free-kick after about 4 minutes and it went straight back to Bunn

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

You noticed a pattern? We've been shite for years. Sacked manager after manager. We need stability, not mindless sackings.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Because he looks like he could be a good manager for us if he actually got some backing for the board and time to get things right.

That and his replacement would no doubt be someone absolutely dire.

Based on no evidence. 

I like Garde, but he doesn't look like he could be that good of a manager for us based on what he has done so far. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

From the first kick we were negative.That fecken awful pass sideways an back attitude.

Time and time again I point these tactical flaws. It's all too tepid, no ambition, no movement no players committing into the box when we have the ball out wide. These aren't just the product of shit players but shit tactics and coaching on the training pitch. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

We had one move where we went from tight to the right touch line to tight to the left touch line and then gave it away in the middle with the very next pass 

This was a team with Toure playing centre back and we managed to not even trouble him 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What does he do, though?

I'd have probably picked that team.  We've been on a decent run of performances (without looking like scoring many) and your players turn out... that showing?  If he did something odd or experimental that hugely backfired, I'd be all in favour of blaming him for that.  I'm not even sure I can blame Garde for anything that happened today.  He might as well pick the U21 team.

I didn't watch the game today so can't comment on it specifically, my point of him not being absolved of any blame was meant in general although with a 6-0 loss at home to what is just over a mid-table side I can't see how he'd be faultless, but I've watched most games this season and all in all haven't been too impressed with Garde. Yes we have looked more organised, at times, but he seems to have a certain style in mind (very slow tempo possession orientated) which the players just aren't suited too and has caused so many issues with us getting caught out playing from the back and in our own half. Also with how slow the tempo is we continually allow our opponent time to get men behind the ball which compounded with our lack of a quality striker and the baffling lack of any runners into the box, which again must be a tactical decision, hasn't helped change our lack of goals. 

As I've said I don't think he's one of our biggest problems at all, or even necessarily a problem, but I wouldn't be too sad if we lost him and I certainly don't think the notion is bizarre.

• Like 1

As much as I like Garde, I don't think he's the type of manager to perform in a crisis situation, like we are in. I think he would have done a better job coming in after MON or Houllier. I think the mess we are in now needs someone to come in and stop the rot and build a platform for getting back.

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

We are definitely down so just sack most of the time wasters and just play youth/reserves now and give them game time, no expectations,  no pressure.

Thing is there'd be loads of pressure. Because they'd be facing a steep learning curve in a horrible atmosphere. It would derail careers if you chucked them in in this mess. Would devoid them of confidence.

• Like 1

Of course Garde is not blameless, but in fairness we have nothing up front which is a terrible handicap, the 1st eleven picks itself, we have loads of injuries and we have nothing on the bench.

i am only surprised this hasn't happened more frequently this season, and it's credit to him that it hasn't.

Edited by thunderball

Â