The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

I'll cut him slack as he has been shafted by the shower of shit running the club but the lack of effort was pathetic today and reflects badly on the manager. The very least I expect is the player giving it everything, maybe he's on a sabotage mission to get his pay off asap

42 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not really, he has shown what? That he can make us marginally more solid? Keep the ball a little bit better?

It's just not enough. We've had some disgusting results under Garde and there's no tangible improvement to point to which allows us to say with any sort of confidence that he will be a good manager for us. 

We've actually started winning at least a couple of games which is more than can be said for the start of the season where we went from the end of August to beginning of January without winning once.

No it isn't good enough but under this owner nothing will be good enough. Sack Garde and we'll be seeing exactly the same shit but probably without any sort of long-term plan.

39 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Having just lost 0-6 at home I could do with some hope. What has he shown?

As for being backed - well that's not going to happen.

See above.

I don't know - he may get backed in the summer because even the board will be able to recognise that it's vital we get some new players in and ship some of these losers out. Put it this way though, getting rid of Garde won't solve anything because the next guy will get the same level of backing (none).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

Really nice intelligent and honourable bloke who in many respects I feel sorry for. So clearly out of his depth and a poor manager at this level

So with a proper manager we would be doing better?

Doesn't matter what manager you have when the players and the whole club is a pathetic shambles. Not saying Remi has done a perfect job but for me he has no chance and so does any manager that comes in.

• Like 1

Allardyce has a championship playoff title m, a league cup final and 6 premier league manager of the month awards. 

Pulis has been 3rd division runner up, 2nd division playoff runner up, championship runner up, fa cup runner up, has 2 manager of the month and one manager of the season award.

Remi has won the French cup and the champions trophy.

pulis and allardyce have been in the management game upwards of 20 years, between them they've only won a single actual title.  Doesn't exactly scream out that they are amazing managers.

Think that wins today's prize for selective quotation of the facts.

We're not really looking for a manager who can win titles for Villa atm, are we, so how winning titles has anything to do with it I can't think.

We're just looking for a manager who can keep us in the premier league.

Looks like we drew a blank with Garde.

Just now, briny_ear said:

Think that wins today's prize for selective quotation of the facts.

We're not really looking for a manager who can win titles for Villa atm, are we, so how winning titles has anything to do with it I can't think.

We're just looking for a manager who can keep us in the premier league.

Looks like we drew a blank with Garde.

We'd draw a blank with any manager we could get. Hell there are quite a few quality managers that we couldn't dream of getting that would we'd probably "draw a blank" with.

1 minute ago, bose said:

So with a proper manager we would be doing better?

Doesn't matter what manager you have when the players and the whole club is a pathetic shambles. Not saying Remi has done a perfect job but for me he has no chance and so does any manager that comes in.

I absolutely agree that the club is a complete and utter mess, I've been saying it for ages. However,. That does not and should not hide any criticism for the manager. This is our worst home result in 81 years. At times it was capitulation , no fight, no urgency, no in your face. Nothing.  The only surprise is that plop did not get double figures

• Like 4

Thought he was a bit negative from the 1st whistle....we never pressed or got in the faces of a Liverpool team who was not in a good run of form in the league. Just standing off them and letting them knock it around with so much time gave the wrong impression for me from Garde. 

Edited by deamie
  • Like 4

I've spent a lot of time defending this man, and to a certain degree I feel justified.

He has been shat on from both angles. The players simply aren't there and playing for him and the club each week. It's evident by some of the attitudes on the pitch in my opinion. Couple that with a few just simply not being good enough at this level, and Garde's already got one hand tied behind his back.

Then you have the board. Their seemingly unwillingness to dedicate funds to helping Remi bring in even a single player speaks volumes. Certainly from the outside it appears the hierarchy has accepted our fate. This has tied his other arm.

So the man has both arms tied behind his back, but as already said he could have had a bigger impact and he must shoulder some of the blame, regardless of how much better the results have been than under Tim.

I think he should leave in the summer. I like him and think he has huge potential, but not here under these conditions. If he were to leave, he wouldn't be one of our awful ex-managers to me like the last 3/4. He would simply have been in the wrong place at the wrong time and it didn't work out.

Him leaving the club would, depending on our appointment, most likely benefit both parties, and I'll never resent him for it, or his time here.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mwj said:

For those Allardyce, Pulis, Moyes apologists, I noticed the deep 4-4-1-1 playing for a 1-0 today is exactly what those managers would have played as well...

Yes probably but no matter what eleven would of been out there , they would fight for everything run for everything and show some f@@@@king bollox not the side passing negative crap we are served up now ! ,

Moyes Pullis  any day !

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mwj said:

For those Allardyce, Pulis, Moyes apologists, I noticed the deep 4-4-1-1 playing for a 1-0 today is exactly what those managers would have played as well...

There's clearly a bit more to managing than just setting a formation.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, mwj said:

We probably wouldn't have lost 6-0 if Pulis had been in charge as he would have organised us better. Probably 4-0 ;)

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

If he walks now it would be a huge black mark against his reputation as a manager having left a club before.

Lets be honest when was the last time a manager left us who hasn't left with a black mark against him 

• Like 1

Â