The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Based on no evidence. 

I like Garde, but he doesn't look like he could be that good of a manager for us based on what he has done so far. 

Based on the fact that even despite today's shameful display, we've still improved since he came in. Also, it's clear that he's got a long term plan for how he wants us to play and I really do fear that if he goes we'll just get in some backwards British manager who has no real plan.

There a few big problems at the club but none of them are Garde. If he left we'd still have to put up with the same shit.

He doesn't get a free pass because of the shambles of the club he's come to. Today's result has undone some of the good work he was showing. I'm still not convinced he's right for us next season 

Like most of our players I won't be too bothered if he leaves. 

Just now, Mantis said:

Based on the fact that even despite today's shameful display, we've still improved since he came in. Also, it's clear that he's got a long term plan for how he wants us to play and I really do fear that if he goes we'll just get in some backwards British manager who has no real plan.

There a few big problems at the club but none of them are Garde. If he left we'd still have to put up with the same shit.

The 'improvements' are very modest and not enough to suggest that he's going to be a good manager for us.

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Based on no evidence. 

I like Garde, but he doesn't look like he could be that good of a manager for us based on what he has done so far. 

Very much this .. Remember this isn't a one off performance we had the 4-0 drubbing v Everton and the Norwich and Sunderland away debacles ... 

baggies away is possibly the only game where I can think "this guy might be onto something "

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Time and time again I point these tactical flaws. It's all too tepid, no ambition, no movement no players committing into the box when we have the ball out wide. These aren't just the product of shit players but shit tactics and coaching on the training pitch. 

its no balls, except RIchards and Gil today not one of them wanted to get on the ball in the opposition half. Hutton might be one of worst right backs in the league but at least he wants to get on the ball and try things 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The 'improvements' are very modest and not enough to suggest that he's going to be a good manager for us.

I disagree. I think he's shown enough to show that he could be good for us but only if he's backed. Unfortunately, nobody can do much for us under the present ownership.

• Like 1

I am just back from the game. Remi got it wrong today. Not the personnel but the way he set us up. We were playing way too deep and allowing Liverpool way too much time on the ball. We needed to be up and at em and get in their faces but we did the opposite and stood off them. Even things like off their corners we were bringing Gabby back. It was too negative. Starting the game in that fashion also led to the crowd being very flat and set the whole tempo for the rest of the afternoon.

I have said for months it is too soon to judge Remi and that I will judge him at the end of the season and I maintain that. At the present time I am undecided if he would be the right man and have the where with all to bring us back up from the Championship.

Edited by markavfc40

Just now, Mantis said:

I disagree. I think he's shown enough to show that he could be good for us but only if he's backed. Unfortunately, nobody can do much for us under the present ownership.

Not really, he has shown what? That he can make us marginally more solid? Keep the ball a little bit better?

It's just not enough. We've had some disgusting results under Garde and there's no tangible improvement to point to which allows us to say with any sort of confidence that he will be a good manager for us. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Having just lost 0-6 at home I could do with some hope. What has he shown?

As for being backed - well that's not going to happen.

• Like 1

Garde may have been better suited in a more settled side. unfortunately  the team he has inherited is a team in severe decline. My issue is the type of game he wants to adopt and play will NOT suit a relegation battle or a promotion push. We know he hasn't got the players for this so why persist! 

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Like most of our players I won't be too bothered if he leaves. 

How do you know this? - genuinely interested if this is conjecture or if you have ties to some of them.

My personal feeling is I wouldn't swap any of the players for Garde. He is far more important to the future of AVFC than anyone in the squad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Arguably our best performance of the season was 60 mins at Leicester and  we haven't come close to performing like that since in terms of entertainment or the football we played  under Garde 

Of  course games are played over 90 mins and to some extent Gardes best 90 was at home to Watford ... And we lost that as well !!

(Sunderland home possibly eclipsed Leicester as at least we didn't lose and should have won by a cricket score )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I hope remi rips the players to shreds in his post match interview.  They deserve it.

Its days like today I wish we had Keane on the payroll to give them the bollocking of their lives.

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Not really, he has shown what? That he can make us marginally more solid? Keep the ball a little bit better?

It's just not enough. We've had some disgusting results under Garde and there's no tangible improvement to point to which allows us to say with any sort of confidence that he will be a good manager for us. 

2 wins were over a dreadful Palace and Norwich team which helped by goalkeeping errors. Everton, Norwich away, Sunderland and now this are absolute shoddy performances

• Like 3

Just now, Zatman said:

2 wins were over a dreadful Palace and Norwich team which helped by goalkeeping errors. Everton, Norwich away, Sunderland and now this are absolute shoddy performances

I genuinely do not believe that we'd be any worse off, in terms of points on the board, if we'd have just kept Sherwood.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Its days like today I wish we had Keane on the payroll to give them the bollocking of their lives.

I dont think we would have players left for the next game if Keane was still here

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

How do you know this? - genuinely interested if this is conjecture or if you have ties to some of them.

My personal feeling is I wouldn't swap any of the players for Garde. He is far more important to the future of AVFC than anyone in the squad.

I meant it as I wouldn't be bothered if most of our players left and I wouldn't be gutted if Remi left. 

• Like 1

Â