The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Sherwood needed to go, simple as that - he wasn't even a one-trick pony.

Garde has made a difference with the squad he inherited but even that hasn't been enough.

The club are to blame. We made over £40m from the sale of two players in the summer but used that money to replace 10, instead of 2-4 players maximum. We've paid for the squad we've got, cheap and occassionally/rarely effective.

Its clear to see this guy has zero motivational abilities, and zero tactical knowledge.. Nice guy, but that is not going to cut it. I hope he resigns. Tonight. 

I'm not sure how you can say he has zero tactical knowledge. It was clear he set up to play 4-4-1-1 deep and play for a 1-0, which isn't a bad choice given the circumstances but given the goalkeeping and defending today it could have been 8-8-2-2 and we still would have shipped goals.

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would be happier if Remi played an Under 21 team at Stoke

I hope he does what he said after the game which is to find 11 players who will fight. I would imagine thats a blend of youth and the older ones. I would start by dropping Richards because for me he plays like he thinks he's too good for the club.

I would be amazed if he wanted to be our manager next season. We are a shambles as a club and I very much doubt he wants to be part of it any longer than he feels obliged to be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Meh, not overly bothered if he's not here next season.

I like him, a lot, but whilst I recognise he has made some improvements, they really are, at best, modest. They certainly haven't been radical, and certainly haven't been enough. We needed an instant response when he joined and we didn't get it. It's taken a while for us to look more solid and harder to beat (excluding today obviously), but it's still not enough. 

I maintained at the time that he wasn't the right choice and still stand by that. His football is highly conservative and tepid going forward. There's a distinct lack of ambition among these players when the ball is at their feet, no movement and no runners, plus very few get into the box when we have the ball wide, these are things that simply cannot just be blamed on the players, they are tactical decisions and they are the wrong decisions. 

So much agree with all the above.

• Like 1

Praised him last week for getting tactics right, but today was shocking. The likes of toure and sakho are terrible on the back foot, so we should've got at them. They have also conceded so many goals from set pieces, where we have been decent. Every set play in their half should've been bombarded in on their box, but no we take shit free kicks backwards and short. The whole club needs stripping top to bottom.

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Remember the quality of the players before judging the manager.. 

but the previous manager got judged on performances of these players so its only fair Remi is judged as well on field performances

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Grasshopper said:

The "Board" RL TF SH are asking RG to make perfume out of a fart

Trouble is he isn't just farting, he's following through as well

• Like 1

Â