The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

10 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Don't think that's true, from a brief look they sold  approx £15m of players and signed Joselu and Shaqiri for £20m plus another 2 undisclosed which would probably be at least the same as us.

Well according to the a quick search on tinternet the daily hail and sky sports news thought so that Stoke net spend was 3.3 and Villa's was 8.9 last summer.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Richardson, Sinclair and Clark in a must win game. Jesus Christ

If this goes badly then Garde deserves every complaint he gets

Lescott does not have the legs to play with one day rest, and I wouldn't risk Okore either with his history and just coming off a layoff. What other options does he have?

• Like 1

I don't have a problem with the defensive changes he has made and it makes sense that Lescott and Okore may struggle with 2 games in 3 days. It is further forward that worries me. We have to win this game and the forward 6 overall looks way too defensive. I'd have much rather have seen Grealish, Gil or Traore either side of Ayew rather than Bacuna and Sinclair. In fact I was hoping for Gestede to start and for us to have Ayew and one of either Grealish, Gil or Traore supporting him.

I can't get my head around Garde playing to keep things tight and for a draw but that line up suggests that. The option to go with a more attacking line up was there and it seems he has taken the more defensive one. I hope I am wrong as we have to get the three points.

• Like 1

Staying up is not an option for him now. What he is trying to do is get past the record lowest points total then not to go down with a whimper and try and build. He is far too timid as a manager

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Guy is playing for draws at the moment it seems, we need wins and sharpish and hes putting out 4 central midfielders when we have wide players...

To be honest I don't think he is playing for draws, I think he has ideas and tactics in his head which us (the fans) don't know and they don't always come off, but then again that is every manager I would assume!

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

Staying up is not an option for him now. What he is trying to do is get past the record lowest points total then not to go down with a whimper and try and build. He is far too timid as a manager

I agree with the first two sentences yet for me it leads me to a favourable third sentence rather than a critical one !

We have a tiny tiny chance of staying up. If Im recalling correctly you yourself have sen us as doomed for a long while now.

Therefore what is wrong with "not going with a whimper, and trying to build" ?

Arent they the two things he can most realistically do, and we realistically need ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be honest I don't think he is playing for draws, I think he has ideas and tactics in his head which us (the fans) don't know and they don't always come off, but then again that is every manager I would assume!

They don't "always" come off? It hasn't come off once, we've scraped 3 draws since hes been here.

What is wrong with it is from a fans perspective we have **** all to shout about . He may as well try and take the game to the opposition and play decent football.  There are two ways of not going down with a whimper. One is def endive lay try and restrict teams from scoring 3, 4 or 5. The other is to try and win a game or two.

17 minutes ago, Richard said:

What is wrong with it is from a fans perspective we have **** all to shout about . He may as well try and take the game to the opposition and play decent football.  There are two ways of not going down with a whimper. One is def endive lay try and restrict teams from scoring 3, 4 or 5. The other is to try and win a game or two.

I agree decent football would be a relief. And I agree about taking the game to the opposition...at the right times obviously...I think we are better at that than defending anyway. But we need to be more solid defensively too....Im sure nobody would want us to be all out attack.....then its just a question of balance, and given the two opening sentences you said, especially the one about building, in the end, all teams have to be built from the back, whether its boring or not. It doesnt mean he is necessarily timid as such.

It isnt his fault weve had nothing to shout about for years, Tim tried to be a crowd pleaser and ended up with us worse off than ever.

A proper, careful, building job has got to start somewhere.

451 today.

Really liking Garde, seems to really know the game even if we could've done with him 2 years ago and not in the battle for survival.

I'm looking forward to seeing what January holds, who he gets rid of etc.

Last week 2 up top, smart, needed to see how it might work, today we have ball players and carriers in a packed midfield. Bit too much responsibility on Ayew but the formation will allow an attacking player to come into the middle later on to support the striker. 

Making best use of our crappy players....excluding Richardson.

Â