The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

There's loads of reasons why Garde should not be blamed. 

But in a must win game he chose Sinclair and Keiran **** Richardson as 2 3rds of our attacking unit. 

Grealish, gestede and Adama did nothing more than those two when they came on to be fair.

I can understand why he's going with the same midfield all the time and we are stuck for options in defence.

If we struggle to defend and protect with Veretout, Gana, Sanchez and Westwood playing then swapping them for Grealish/Troare/Gil is going to end up with us getting hamemred. It's got to a stage where it's too late though, no point trying to gain confidence with performances and draws, play them all and if we end up 4-0 down after half an hour then whatever, we will lose anyway but we have a better chance of winning with them on the pitch.

That's not how football always works though. Packing your team with defensive minded players and playing in a negative way will allow teams to come on to you more.

It's about risk/reward I suppose. Sure, we might let in less goals with a defensive team, but we have more chance of scoring goals when we have more attack minded players on IMO. The latter will probably mean we lose more, but it's also our better chance of winning. Picking up the odd point to at this stage is not really much better than losing. But the odd win is.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Grealish, gestede and Adama did nothing more than those two when they came on to be fair.

Adama got 3/4 crosses into the box, won a free kick and a couple of corners. The sort of things I'd expect attacking wide players to do. Also they're coming on for 30 mins or less in a game that we're behind in. 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Really? Adama won a couple of corners and was attempting to go forward. 

What did Sinclair do other than get knocked off the ball and give it away on most occasions?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

The entire reason? With all due respect that is utter tripe

If we had Garde in the summer, we'd be a lot better off than when we are now. 

You can apportion blame to the people that hire Sherwood, I suppose. 

• Like 1

I'm waiting until after January to judge Remi. I'm optimistic he knows the squad is weak and not good enough and has just been trying to limit the damage until he gets players in ASAP next month. That, or he was promised money by Randy and won't be given it. Time will tell. 

3 minutes ago, West said:

Really? Adama won a couple of corners and was attempting to go forward. 

What did Sinclair do other than get knocked off the ball and give it away on most occasions?

Adama showed exactly why he's not starting.

Rarely attempted a run off the ball, the few passes he made were poor, lost the ball several times by trying to do too much.

Did he win a couple of corners? I think he might have won one. He delivered a couple of crosses but none of them were particularly good.
Hutton was constantly shouting at him to make a run and he never did. All he does is come short.

Look, I don't think he was terrible, and I don't particularly think Sinclair is very good. The point I'm trying to make is Garde isn't exactly blessed with a tonne of attacking options.

I think his biggest fault today was trying to rotate to account for all the games we've got over this period. It didn't pay off at all. Today was awful. I hope we'll be back to a proper line up for the next game.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Adama looked more threatening than Sinclair did. And a million times more threatening than Richardson. 

Is he a perfect attacking player? No. But there's more chance of us getting goals with positive players attacking the opposition. 

This negative approach from Garde has been defended and what has it achieved?

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes and we are so much better under Garde aren't we. 

We actually are. We weren't today, but overall we are. 

The fact that we're STILL not very good shows how **** awful we were under the joke of a former manager.

Anyone who would prefer him to still be here needs their head checking.

• Like 4

Never be convinced by Remi and Im still not some selections he makes confuse me,should of stuck with team from Saturday not change defence etc dont think hes an improvement on Sherwood really but think he will be good manager in Championship.

Edited by midian

Â