The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

If we had Garde in the summer, we'd be a lot better off than when we are now. 

You can apportion blame to the people that hire Sherwood, I suppose. 

First point is merely supposition base on not much given we are in a worse position now than when he took over.

second point is basicallŷ reminiscent of ostrich in the sand totally ignoring what has gone on at this club since MON left.

still think I was wrong when I said it was a mid table board and you criticised me? To be honest if you had said at the time I was being too generous to the board I would have agreed.

• Like 1

At least Garde has a plan, an idea. It may not be the right plan for the situation we're in but it's there.

Sherwood didn't have a clue. He just tried anything and hoped it would work. I genuinely think his teamtalks were 'just go out there and attack'

We lost 7 in a row under him, including Baggies at home, Swansea at home and Stoke at home. We haven't got anywhere near that under Garde.

• Like 1

I think he is shit

We may as well have kept Sherwood on with Wilkins. Would we still be bottom? Probably

Would it have been any worse? Probably not.

Would we have had to pay any compensation out? No

Stupid **** appointment IMO blatantly employed because he speaks the same lingo as the summer signings. 

A really poorly though out appointment to compliment our really poorly though out summer recruitment.

Thanks Randy, thanks Tom and thank you Paddy. Got exactly what you deserve which is nothing.

• Like 1

Remi is premier league quality. But we don;t have a premier league squad. Don't blame the manager, blame the owner and his previous managers for buying bacuna, hutton, gestede, sinclair, dare I say Gana, nzog, using gabby, clarke, selling my favorite player Albrigton (NAMED MY CAT AFTER HIM!!!) we are fooked, that is now a fact, but if want to get unfooked in the near future then Remi is the one who can achieve that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

We actually are. We weren't today, but overall we are. 

The fact that we're STILL not very good shows how **** awful we were under the joke of a former manager.

Anyone who would prefer him to still be here needs their head checking.

That's very much like the joke of a comedian coming off stage after being booed and saying "the bloke on before me was so bad the crowd were still booing him halfway through my act".  We are in a worse position now then when he started .

Garde has shown that he isn't a great manager, perhaps when he has had more time and the chance to bring his own players in he could yet prove to be a good manager. But you could say the same of anyone that hasn't yet had the chance to prove themselves as not being up to it.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Who **** cares. Sherwood was shit and we're still in a shit situation with no signs of getting out. 

People are responding to the (nonsense) comment that Sherwood should still be manager.

There are certain things that Garde can't be blamed for, and in the early part of the match we looked by far the better team. The problem is that we have no cutting edge and zero self-belief. The moment Norwich scored the players fell apart, and I'm not sure any manager could turn around this bunch of losers. Perhaps our next manager sgould be Paul McKenna.

And Garde certainly can be blamed for today's lineup. Tired because they played two matches is two days? Andy Murray recently played three tennis matches in two days to win the Davis Cup practically single-handedly. But of course, he has both skill and desire, and not many of our players have one of those things, let alone two.

Just now, Richard said:

That's very much like the joke of a comedian coming off stage after being booed and saying "the bloke on before me was so bad the crowd were still booing him halfway through my act".  We are in a worse position now then when he started .

That's a pretty one dimensional way of looking at things. 

You've made your mind up that you don't like him. That's fine. The jury is still out for me. I can see improvement in the team despite the fact we were poor today. I don't think for a second it'll be enough to keep us up, but we're comfortably better than we were under Sherwood.

• Like 3

Yes and we are so much better under Garde aren't we. 

We actually are. We weren't today, but overall we are. 

The fact that we're STILL not very good shows how **** awful we were under the joke of a former manager.

Anyone who would prefer him to still be here needs their head checking.

I don't think Garde is good enough, nor do I like his team selections at all, but I think people are forgetting just how bad we were under Sherwood.

• Like 1

Garde has had fixtures such as Watford, West Ham, Newcastle and Norwich and has only managed to amass 2 points, that is a simply disgraceful return. 

I'm told we are improving, but I'm yet to see it. What I see in Garde is an overly conservative, if not negative tactician, and someone who doesn't appear to be able to motivate players. 

I think Garde is out of his depth at this level, and borderline clueless. That starting 11 today was absolutely horrific, it really was one of the more bizarre selections I've seen in recent times.

There may well be a decent manager somewhere in there, but if there is, I haven't seen it yet, so it will take more time than we have for it to come out. So in many ways, at best, he resembles some of our 'better' signings, i.e. some talent but will take a while to get going.

The problem is that we don't have time, so Garde for me, like the players we signed, represents another catestrophic miscalculation by the board and the people tasked with running this club, these acquisitions may work well in 'theory', but reality has proven otherwise.

The bottom line is that Garde was a very, very poor choice of manager. This result is pretty much the death knell of this club as a premier league team. We needed someone with better experience not only of this level of football, but also of getting teams out of serious trouble. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

That's a pretty one dimensional way of looking at things. 

You've made your mind up that you don't like him. That's fine. The jury is still out for me. I can see improvement in the team despite the fact we were poor today. I don't think for a second it'll be enough to keep us up, but we're comfortably better than we were under Sherwood.

I think theres a few things improved. There's nothing really to say we're comfortably better. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I think theres a few things improved. There's nothing really to say we're comfortably better. 

Well there is in my opinion.

It may not have translated to (many) points, yet. But the difference is clear, for me.

I honestly think we'd still be on 4 points under Sherwood. 

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, kurtsimonw said:

I don't think Garde is good enough, nor do I like his team selections at all, but I think people are forgetting just how bad we were under Sherwood.

It is starting to seem pretty obvious that Lambert is the better manager of the three. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Adama showed exactly why he's not starting.

Rarely attempted a run off the ball, the few passes he made were poor, lost the ball several times by trying to do too much.

Did he win a couple of corners? I think he might have won one. He delivered a couple of crosses but none of them were particularly good.
Hutton was constantly shouting at him to make a run and he never did. All he does is come short.

Look, I don't think he was terrible, and I don't particularly think Sinclair is very good. The point I'm trying to make is Garde isn't exactly blessed with a tonne of attacking options.

I think his biggest fault today was trying to rotate to account for all the games we've got over this period. It didn't pay off at all. Today was awful. I hope we'll be back to a proper line up for the next game.

I agree Adama isn't perfect, but Sinclair and Richardson regularly show why they shouldn't be playing AT ALL, let alone start.

• Like 1

Â