New manager

KJT123

Premier League experience is not really a great attribute as most Prem managers end up getting sacked.

And as much as mainstream media likes to believe otherwise, PL football seems to be in slow decline. Do we have one truly magical player? Maybe Kun Agüero?

Silva, De Bruyne was the best player in the Bundesliga last season, Ozil and Sanchez, Hazard.

Personally i would give it to Nigel Pearson out of the names being banded around at the present. This man does not suffer fools or time wasters gladly and would at very least have every player chomping at the bit when they cross the white line. Clearly not media/ fan friendly but if he could just save our skins then i'd take him in a heart beat. Don't fancy his chances much however not with some of the dross we have right now. I still have some sympathy for Tim because it's looking more and more likely that he wasn't totally responsible for player recruitment [ maybe we won't ever have the full facts]  and i just don't believe the players that have been bought in are good enough or have shown me that they are likely to bridge the gap, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that they can prove me wrong.

What i would really love to see is someone with a villa tradition take the post, lets be honest we all would really want this, for me its how we roll. Maybe i'm being romantic but Peter Withe/ Gordon Cowans and Big Ron in an advisory capacity appears great on paper. I know before everyone reaches for the keyboards there is little premier league/managerial experience with Sid and Peter Withe, hence Big Ron could prove a more than capable sounding board.

I see where this has come from and got a bit lost in translation. I think I was in the kitchen with the radio on at that point and he was just saying that Lerner is ultimately responsible for everything that happens under him so its ALL his fault. I didn't hear him suggest Lerner actually picked the side but that he was responsible for them being the players we have at the club.

I'm glad Stan was booted from his column.

Regardless of the job you do, you can't publicly slag your employer off. 

If they were a decent employer (and human being) they could take criticism.

Nonsense.

One thing to "take criticism" quite another to continue employing someone who is slagging you off in your own media form.  Why on Earth should that guy still be employed?  He shouldn't.

• Like 1

Remi won't be coming then. 

And why do people even listen to Collymore? He's always ranting about something. Like a man with a fork in a bowl of soup.

Stop giving him forum bandwidth.

Feel sorry for Sherwood? He played Gestede up front in every match? That alone is a sackable offence.  

Edited by supernova26

So apparently Lerner decided to pick Richardson over Amavi on Saturday. Ok Stan

Lerner?

Stan said that Lerner was responsible for the starting 11 on Saturday 

Can we believe that?

Don't worry, as it was Stan he'll change his opinion soon enough. He talks of clowns running the club. He needs to look in the mirror.

• Like 1

Premier League experience is not really a great attribute as most Prem managers end up getting sacked.

And as much as mainstream media likes to believe otherwise, PL football seems to be in slow decline. Do we have one truly magical player? Maybe Kun Agüero?

Silva, De Bruyne was the best player in the Bundesliga last season, Ozil and Sanchez, Hazard.

Great players, but you know what I mean! And many of those you name have been off their games this year or hurt.

And why do people even listen to Collymore? He's always ranting about something. Like a man with a fork in a bowl of soup.

Have your Ligue 1 connections told you this?

Haha I remember that debacle. I warned you all at the time about this French lot we were bringing in? Did you listen? No.

#itk.

Edited by supernova26

Haha I remember that debacle. I warned you all at the time about this French lot we were bringing in? Did you listen? No.

No, because there is nothing wrong with them. The issue was the ego of the man who refused to play them.

#itk.

Amavi looks great and was inexplicably dropped, Ayew was brilliant at the weekend and he and Veretout have hardly played and Gana is our most in form player.

what are you talking about?