New manager

KJT123

Feeling positive about this appointment. At the same time I am not as positive about staying up - but I know we will give it a good go. At fault for relegation are Fox, Lerner and Tactics Tim.

The players wouldn't take any blame? You can't blame Fox, Sherwood and Lerner for Guzan kicking the ball straight to opposition!

Where would people rank our managers under Lerner in terms of tactics? We all know Sherwood was diabolical, O'Neill limited and Lambert hit and miss but I'm not so sure on the others.

Although I wouldn't put him last of the Lerner managers, I would say Lambert was the biggest disappointment. Didn't Norwich score the most goals outside of the top six in their first season back with him? Really thought that he was gonna turn out to be a terrific boss for us.

Lambert completely changed while he was here. I just hope Garde can avoid being changed for the worse too.

• Like 1

Feeling positive about this appointment. At the same time I am not as positive about staying up - but I know we will give it a good go. At fault for relegation are Fox, Lerner and Tactics Tim.

The players wouldn't take any blame? You can't blame Fox, Sherwood and Lerner for Guzan kicking the ball straight to opposition!

I agree but what you can blame Tim for is, dropping Guzan, making it known he's looking for a new No1, signing an incapable No2 to challenge Guzan, then not signing a No1 and then telling Guzan he's No1. It's not very good management, no wonder his confidence is shot, on top of that I don't even rate Guzan as Stevo will point out to you.

• Like 3

Those in charge set us on the road to this position.

The communications office at AVFC wants to post a long interview with Remi on the web page at the same time the announcement is made.  The problem is no-one in the office speaks french, so they are having to run the interview through google translator.

I agree but what you can blame Tim for is, dropping Guzan, making it known he's looking for a new No1, signing an incapable No2 to challenge Guzan, then not signing a No1 and then telling Guzan he's No1. It's not very good management, no wonder his confidence is shot, on top of that I don't even rate Guzan as Stevo will point out to you.

I agree with that - but surely in spite of what you are saying - there has be a minimum standard you expect from a player even with low confidence. Some of our individual errors this year have been ridiculous. I don't think the players can escape blame, and I don't just mean Lescott.

I agree with that - but surely in spite of what you are saying - there has be a minimum standard you expect from a player even with low confidence. Some of our individual errors this year have been ridiculous. I don't think the players can escape blame, and I don't just mean Lescott.

I agree with that and I am in no way defending players but I'd say the treatment of Guzan has been pretty shoddy and no doubt his confidence is shot to pieces. Hopefully Garde can get something out of him, as his form lately has been awful.

• Like 1

Where would people rank our managers under Lerner in terms of tactics? We all know Sherwood was diabolical, O'Neill limited and Lambert hit and miss but I'm not so sure on the others.

Houllier was all about tactics throughout his career. Don't get me wrong, we were a car crash for about 6 months but once it clicked we were playing some lovely stuff. We went from being in a relegation battle to finishing 9th and putting one on Arsenal and Liverpool. Yes I know, illness, McAllister etc etc, they merely continued the philosophy. I was gutted we let him go, I do wonder where we'd be today had we not. If we had perhaps put the infrastructure in place at the time, him as DOF and McAllister as head coach...

O'Neill was incredibly limited, couldn't see the long game for shit, but at times he was astonishingly effective. He made some poor choices in the transfer market, the game moved on tactically, que sera.

McLeish knew what he wanted and he achieved that. To our detriment. Ugh.

Lambert was a **** bottler. No discernible philosophy really. In retrospect I think he's actually quite intelligent and capable, but he will need to step down and define himself. Grow a pair of bollocks.

Sherwood. Ummm yeah. Not actually a football manager so doesn't count.

• Like 2

1 Houllier

2 MON

3 McLeish

4 Lambert

5 Sherwood

For me the first 3 knew what they wanted their teams to do even if it was more or less successful. Under Houllier the players were not able/willing to adapt, under MON we became very predictable and McLeish made us covardly defensive. Imo both Lambert & Sherwood were tactically clueless especially when their first gameplan failed to work. Obviously Sherwood to a far greater extent

I see you beat me to it! Only I'd argue they did eventually adapt under Houllier. It was a big, big change from O'Neill, but they got there.

I said and did a couple of silly things during that season, but there was no malice involved and he genuinely warmed to the club I think given his recent comments. By far Lerner's biggest error, sacking him. We'd have come round the following season I'm sure.

• Like 2