New manager

KJT123

David Ornstein @bbcsport_david

Remi Garde departing Lyon by private jet shortly, will arrive at London Luton & head straight to WHL for #THFC game. #AVFC announcement soon

Take your time Remi, not like I have a bet to be settled mate.

He might be getting a coach from Lyon 

Very good :D

• Like 1

David Ornstein@bbcsport_david

Remi Garde departing Lyon by private jet shortly, will arrive at London Luton & head straight to WHL for #THFC game. #AVFC announcement soon

Take your time Remi, not like I have a bet to be settled mate.

He might be getting a coach from Lyon 

#hippoITK?

[emoji1]

Where would people rank our managers under Lerner in terms of tactics? We all know Sherwood was diabolical, O'Neill limited and Lambert hit and miss but I'm not so sure on the others.

Houllier was all about tactics throughout his career. Don't get me wrong, we were a car crash for about 6 months but once it clicked we were playing some lovely stuff. We went from being in a relegation battle to finishing 9th and putting one on Arsenal and Liverpool. Yes I know, illness, McAllister etc etc, they merely continued the philosophy. I was gutted we let him go, I do wonder where we'd be today had we not. If we had perhaps put the infrastructure in place at the time, him as DOF and McAllister as head coach...

O'Neill was incredibly limited, couldn't see the long game for shit, but at times he was astonishingly effective. He made some poor choices in the transfer market, the game moved on tactically, que sera.

McLeish knew what he wanted and he achieved that. To our detriment. Ugh.

Lambert was a **** bottler. No discernible philosophy really. In retrospect I think he's actually quite intelligent and capable, but he will need to step down and define himself. Grow a pair of bollocks.

Sherwood. Ummm yeah. Not actually a football manager so doesn't count.

This is excellent.

Bang on.

• Like 1

1. Lambert - he may have gone backwards and got more and more defensive but I maintain he was struggling with the tools given.
2. MON - little big man combo, counter attack football - no plan B
3. McLeish - defend, defend, defend - no plan A
4. Sherwood - all the tactics, all the time...

Houllier - too short a time to really know one way or the other, could have been the best, could have been the worst. Given money I think Lambert would have taken us much higher, MON was given the money and couldn't. Sherwood and McLeish just weren't up to the job.

• Like 3

Garde was due to fly to B'ham today but delayed by fog. Made huge impression in meetings with Lerner & #AVFC hierarchy, not met players yet

Garde was due to fly to B'ham today but delayed by fog. Made huge impression in meetings with Lerner & #AVFC hierarchy, not met players yet

Speaking of fog....the amount of knobheads on the road this morning without their pissing lights on was unbelieveable.

Nearly got killed coming out of an intersection because some knob was driving with no lights in about 5 metres worth of visibility.

Nice one you *****.

OT : Garde yay.

Feeling positive about this appointment. At the same time I am not as positive about staying up - but I know we will give it a good go. At fault for relegation are Fox, Lerner and Tactics Tim.

The players wouldn't take any blame? You can't blame Fox, Sherwood and Lerner for Guzan kicking the ball straight to opposition!

Those in charge set us on the road to this position.

I like Lerner and the way he conducts himself, but the blame for our position lies with him. Others may have contributed, but Lerner hired them, and he is therefore indirectly responsible for their actions, as well being directly responsible for his own.