New manager

KJT123

Am I the only one thinking we're stalling on Garde to see if Mourinho becomes available? Surely just a matter of days

Yes, just you pal ;)

Our summer signings, however, plus what we already have, do suggest a Garde style of management. The foreign managers do appreciate their flair players and are'nt afraid to play them.

If we're still in the same position come next March, however, how many of us would gladly see someone like Fat Sam drafted in to keep us in the Prem then? Not many I'd imagine.

His agreed a 3 and half year contract apparently. His two assistants from Lyon said goodbye to the travelling away support in their match yesterday too. Looks like it's happening. So guessing all his staff is near enough sorted. 

Got any Jeff Stelling Ketchup?

A Lyon Fan told me about the staff saying bye. The contract is..... A hunch ;)

Our summer signings, however, plus what we already have, do suggest a Garde style of management. The foreign managers do appreciate their flair players and are'nt afraid to play them.

If we're still in the same position come next March, however, how many of us would gladly see someone like Fat Sam drafted in to keep us in the Prem then? Not many I'd imagine.

What flair players?

I just lumped £150 on Mr Garde @‌ 4/6, so here's hoping!

I am amazed that Garde is still 4/6, despite how long we've been in the 'he's coming, it just takes time' position.

• Like 1

What flair players?

Gil, Grealish, Adama, Veretout, Ayew?

Am I the only one thinking we're stalling on Garde to see if Mourinho becomes available? Surely just a matter of days

Mourinho wouldn't take the job at Villa unless he would ve given an obscene amount of money to spend or we were a top 4 side.

I just lumped £150 on Mr Garde @‌ 4/6, so here's hoping!

I am amazed that Garde is still 4/6, despite how long we've been in the 'he's coming, it just takes time' position.

The price is not the problem, its getting your money on that is. For example Paddy Power. 

Max Stakes...

Garde 4/9 = £718

Galtier 2/1 = £183

Moyes 16/1 = £25 

Rodgers 20/1 = £21 

Pearson 20/1 = £21 

You then have to speake with trading and get next said price! 

Will be even worse with the likes of Corals, Sky Bet, VC

Edited by Kingman

Mourinho wouldn't take the job at Villa unless he would ve given an obscene amount of money to spend or we were a top 4 side.

I'd say 7m net for the summer is pretty obscene 

• Like 1

I've been wondering that myself Ash.

Assuming he is successful in getting the players to buy into his ideas and he creates the recognisable team ethic we've so obviously been lacking, then I think even if we are relegated he would be mad to go because he will have set something in motion worth developing. No matter who comes in as our next manager, the Villa job can't be seen as anything other than 'a project' at the moment. There are no easy options, now Allardyce and Pullis are out of the picture, so we have to take a punt and Garde is definitely that.

For me the main thing is that he is able to show progress - if fans see that, then most things can be forgiven and perhaps even the unthinkable.

Why do I get the feeling Remi isn't coming??

because you're a pessimistic (well normal reall) villa fan who has bought into the opinion that it's an exciting managerial appointment who may be able to get us moving forward at last and you are desperately clinging to that hope . Now that there is a slight delay while we try and knock 10% off the compensation to Lyon you worry that the belief you have bought into is not going to happen

It is very rare that I agree with Lawro, but you can't argue with what he's just said on MOTD extra.  Remi Garde is a huge gamble having never having managed in the PL, and it smacks of the type of decision making we've been making as a club for a long time.

Personally the romantic in me wants RG, I want him to come in, get the french guys back on track and play some attacking football to fire us up the league.  But that same attitude saw me get very excited about the likes of Veretout, Adama etc coming in the summer... it doesn't always work out like that.

• Like 1

It is very rare that I agree with Lawro, but you can't argue with what he's just said on MOTD extra.  Remi Garde is a huge gamble having never having managed in the PL, and it smacks of the type of decision making we've been making as a club for a long time.

Personally the romantic in me wants RG, I want him to come in, get the french guys back on track and play some attacking football to fire us up the league.  But that same attitude saw me get very excited about the likes of Veretout, Adama etc coming in the summer... it doesn't always work out like that.

Then again, maybe just maybe we finally make the right move and see the beginning of things turning around for us. I'll drink that kool aid for now because goddam things are bleak atm.