New manager

KJT123

If it is Garde, just think of all the puns we can do, and all the puns for the back pages of the tabloids. En Garde, Old Garde, caught off Garde, keep your Garde up, and my personal fave; I never promised you a rose Garde.

Reckon the headline if he's appointed would be...

(drum roll)

... Changing of the Garde

• Like 4

Makes sense to go French doesn't it considering the majority of our summer transfers are from there. Going to be relying on these chaps to keep us up so only right we get someone that they can work with. 

Garde, to me, seems like a French version of Sherwood. He's not got much experience and I again envisage a tough time. Although, with so many French speaking players, it's not hard to see why such a link would be made. 

If he joins, I'll support him. But, for me, it seems like another Sherwood era ahead, albeit without the arrogant cockney attitude. 

I think we need someone who's been around the block a bit. Is it coincidence that the last 3-4 years have been some of the worst in our history, with some record breaking lows, with relatively young managers in charge? I think someone of the ilk of Allardyce or Pulis is what we need, even though it makes me sad to say that based on the knowledge of "football" their teams serve up. Maybe Moyes is the answer, him or someone else who's been there and done it. 

Given the one of the rifts in the squad was all to do with the French players the fact we are looking at French manager does not seem that surprising.

Remi is inexperienced in the grand scheme of things but:

1. He has more experience than Sherwood.

2. He won a major trophy in France.

3. He got his team into the Champions League

4. Following his departure (which was his choice, not a sacking, and they'd have gladly kept him) their squad is a lot better than it was when he arrived. He built a really good team using predominantly young players.

Edited by samjp26

Maybe I've got Remi Garde all wrong but he doesn't seem to have much experience of management, certainly not enough to make me feel that he will succeed here. I think he looks like another gamble and we could do without another of those right now. 

I think "safe hands" would be disaster.  good and steady from this hole will see us relegated.  We need a rabbit out of the hat in results. So the old Premier League-stability-producing managers are a terrible idea.  

• Like 2