Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

10 minutes ago, Arj Guy said:

Watch them make a pathetic last minute public bid for a striker. Disgraceful  

Ah yeah, that old Doug Ellis tactic, like the times we 'tried' to sign Roberto Carlos, Andy Cole and Juninho.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

We spent £50million but we also lost more than that experience-wise and talent-wise in Delph, Benteke, Cleverly and Vlaar. What was our net spend? £6million. The club is an absolute joke. 

Net TRANSFER spend may have been £6millions, but every player signed also has a signing on fee, for example Ayew got a rumored £2million and Richards will have been paid a hell of a lot more. Our net spend is therfore closer to £20million than £6million, Which is a decent amount considering how much of a loss this club is making every year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the amount we spent, it's just how we spent it.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Protest against the board anyone :huh::huh::huh:

I don't think it matters any more,  what's the best we can hope for now.

I don't actually think Lerner or anyone on a board level gives a **** either.  

I watched a programme about cars with James May the other day,  this feels like Leyland in the 70's.  The transfer window (Summer) was the Allegro moment.  Don't forget,  they thought it would be a world BMW beater.  See what I mean,  we are a shambles like never seen before if you see what we were / had to what we are now.  As my old man used to shout "F**cking have the place then".  They have even giving up giving false hope to us and they talk to us becasue they feel they have too IMO. 

Way past angry,  never thought it would be us.  I thought deep down the name was enough,  the history was enough,  the memories were enough and years of true happiness the club has given me and the support I sent their way.  I am 44 now,  I just realised I was wrong.  

3 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Net TRANSFER spend may have been £6millions, but every player signed also has a signing on fee, for example Ayew got a rumored £2million and Richards will have been paid a hell of a lot more. Our net spend is therfore closer to £20million than £6million, Which is a decent amount considering how much of a loss this club is making every year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the amount we spent, it's just how we spent it.  

You are just pulling numbers out of the air. What we spent in the summer was clearly nowhere near enough and never would have been unless we'd achieved Benteke-esque bargains with every purchase, which clearly isn't a realistic scenario.

If you're reading this, Remi, Tom, Steve. I'm a 28 year old, 6'3 forward, normally play wide but can "do a job" in the centre. Will run my bollocks off for the team, not a fantastic finisher but have scored regularly in Sunday leagues whether forced to play full back, wing or central midfield when only 10 turn up (I know Villa are used to this). I 'know the league' and all I ask is for 1/100th of Agbonlahor's wages with travel expenses.

I'm deadly serious. Sign me now and roll the dice. Could be the next Vardy but less of a word removed.

• Like 3

Just now, a m ole said:

If you're reading this, Remi, Tom, Steve. I'm a 28 year old, 6'3 forward, normally play wide but can "do a job" in the centre. Will run my bollocks off for the team, not a fantastic finisher but have scored regularly in Sunday leagues whether forced to play full back, wing or central midfield when only 10 turn up (I know Villa are used to this). I 'know the league' and all I ask is for 1/100th of Agbonlahor's wages with travel expenses.

I'm deadly serious. Sign me now and roll the dice. Could be the next Vardy but less of a word removed.

1/10. Would not sign.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, penguin said:

You are just pulling numbers out of the air. What we spent in the summer was clearly nowhere near enough and never would have been unless we'd achieved Benteke-esque bargains with every purchase, which clearly isn't a realistic scenario.

I think everyone is pulling numbers out of the air. But there are signing on fees, which are high + sky high agent fees, especially for free transfer players. No one has any idea what we have really spent, the bottom line is that we have, without a doubt, spent more than we have made. Which is quite incredible for a team that makes losses every single season. We simply just can't blame the amount. £50m should be enough to build a team from scratch and survive. £50m is more than the entire bournemoth, Norwich and Watford teams, it's about the same as the entire Leicester team. 

Just don't understand how people expect a failing company to keep on spitting out money, where is that money supposed to come from ? there is a financial fair play rule that prevents the owner from spitting in too much money and he has put in a A LOT of money. It's just been wasted every time. 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Wouldn't you be at least 47 now? seeing as you was Aged 13¾ in 1982 ;)

mole_2243069k.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

a player with zero ambition, just what we need ;)

2 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I think everyone is pulling numbers out of the air. But there are signing on fees, which are high, especially for free transfer players. No one has any idea what we have really spent, the bottom line is that we have, without a doubt, spent more than we have made. Which is quite incredible for a team that makes losses every single season. We simply just can't blame the amount. £50m should be enough to build a team from scratch and survive. £50m is more than the entire bournemoth, Norwich and Watford teams, it's about the same as the entire Leicester team. 

Just don't understand how people expect a failing company to keep on spitting out money, where is that money supposed to come from ? there is a financial fair play rule that prevents the owner from spitting in too much money and he has put in a A LOT of money. It's just been wasted every time. 

Well there is clearly a huge contrast in opinion between us here, £50M is nowhere near enough to spend in one season to assemble a competitive side. Using the amounts promoted sides have spent to assemble their sides in a lower division is a bit of false comparison, their sides are clearly worth a lot more than that in terms of value. So as I said the only way £50M would have been enough for the amount of players we needed was if we got excellent bargains with every purchase, which clearly isn't a realistic aim.